pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
2013-01-24_21-27-47_638.jpg

Omg a Jeep on tracks.... Yes I'm drink already and i was slouching so i looked big but it had tracks.. Daystar came from Arizona.
I love the horses story :) I would have herded cows.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
That's one fun looking Jeep! Maybe with no horses…

They were talking about the awesome engine in it but I don't know what they put in it. That whole thing is custom from the color to even the suspension. My husband has all of the details.
It's a big hemj is what my hub just said. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
What do you use the jeep on tracks for?

Well it's like a tank and can go thru anything. They said it's road on pavement. Plus there is the unusual cool factor.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
What do you use the jeep on tracks for?

Well it's like a tank and can go thru anything. They said it's road on pavement. Plus there is the unusual cool factor.

I agree, it looks really cool! Ii think that's a great picture too. It's fun to see the person behind the name:).

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey Ct~mom, is there nowhere near you that do horse rentals? It's a good way to see if you like it with non of the work.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Hey Ct~mom, is there nowhere near you that do horse rentals? It's a good way to see if you like it with non of the work.

Well my neighbor's down the street have two horses and they alway's let the kids and I talk to them. They did offer to let us ride them when they take them out but I am nervous. We found a cool looking dude ranch in Lake George, NY but my son is to young to go this summer. We are going to Bermuda in May and found horse back riding on the beach and I think we are going to do it. We just kind of started noticing horses recently because my son loves horses so much it is contagious! He caries toy horses everywhere he goes and likes to read books about them. He also asks to see the neighbors horses everyday, but it is way too cold now. The funniest part is he talks about horses all the time. He loves to show his horses to strangers but he cuts off the ends of his words so it is hilarious to see the reaction's in public to this loud toddler talking about his "hor"....

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
One of the best things about riding a horse is do so rurally. Think how much more you can see from an extra 5' off the ground! And wildlife don't see horses with riders as threats, so you can come up on deer and elk easy.

I took my four year old out for a ride while we were in California and we got to see coyotes and eagles up close! My daughter loved it. we went to the ranch I used to work at as a kid. I used to muck out stalls and saddle the horses for trail rides on the weekends in exchange for horse back riding lessons. Ah memories!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'd let anyone talk to my horses. Ride is a different story. If you're nervous, a rental would be best to start I think. They have what are called, “bomb proof" horses. These are horses that don't spook easy and don't take advantage of green riders. Just be honest with the proprietors of the place and always insist on a helmet!
Cleaning stalks is a great way to learn if you really want a horse IMO.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'd let anyone talk to my horses. Ride is a different story. If you're nervous, a rental would be best to start I think. They have what are called, “bomb proof" horses. These are horses that don't spook easy and don't take advantage of green riders. Just be honest with the proprietors of the place and always insist on a helmet!
Cleaning stalks is a great way to learn if you really want a horse IMO.

Is having a pony anything like having a horse? I was thinking that if I learned as much as i could and started with a pony it could give me the best sense. Or is that ridiculous?

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
LOL I have never been bitten by a horse, but i have been bitten by 2 ponies and bucked off by one.... so my opinion of them might be slightly skewed.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I asked the horse whisperer, aka Karen about ponies and she has led me to believe that ponies are a pain in the @$$!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
I asked the horse whisperer, aka Karen about ponies and she has led me to believe that ponies are a pain in the @$$!

LOL see its not just me!

Horses= gentle giants
ponies= tiny terds

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:

We had a horse while growing up and I was on the equestrian team in high school. I haven't been on a horse often since high school. I started equestrian training in elementary school. I love horses but cleaning the stalls is what made me never want one. Honestly it was what took the romance you feel when you are younger out of the equation and makes reality set in. I respect anyone that can take care of horses well.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann, that's what I say. If a friends kid says they want a horse, I suggest they come over here and sling muck for a weekend. No one has ever shown up. Go figure.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann, that's what I say. If a friends kid says they want a horse, I suggest they come over here and sling muck for a weekend. No one has ever shown up. Go figure.

I am telling you it's the quick cure. My husband wants chickens too but he had never been spurred by a rooster. I keep telling him it would change his opinion but he thinks I'm crazy. I will pay $8 dozen eggs and not have to run from my own bird. We had one and it used to terrorize us as kids. :) I love egg whites but am terrified of chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.