pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
how is leia? have you gotten the fecal results?

all the posts about members not liking certain types of posts, not liking smilies, and people avoiding posts by other people has me wondering how many people avoid me and my posts. I just made a welcome post and wondered if my use of smilies was annoying :( <--sad face

I avoid don't avoid anyone :D
I am finally done working so my vacation days can begin now.. .......... fingers and toes crossed that I can have some peace and quiet. Best news yet, hubster came home and said he took tomorrow off too so we roll out at 9 am. :D:D:D:D:D Henry is excited for his tortoise sitter. He loves her.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
oooo have a fun vacation with the hubby!!!!

I dont avoid anyone either!

I also never truly get mad. Something may upset me for a second but then I pretty much say what I am thinking and I am over it. I obsess over nothing. :D
Should we start doing squares for how bad my dogs will be after they come home from the outlaws??

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Kerryann said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

I also never truly get mad. Something may upset me for a second but then I pretty much say what I am thinking and I am over it. I obsess over nothing. :D
Should we start doing squares for how bad my dogs will be after they come home from the outlaws??

Im more likely to have my feelings hurt then to get mad. im not one to hold a grudge either. I dont think anyone here has ever made me mad, but plenty have made me at least a little sad.

Is that where you board them? How come you dont have the pet sitter care for them too?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
Kerryann said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

Im more likely to have my feelings hurt then to get mad. im not one to hold a grudge either. I dont think anyone here has ever made me mad, but plenty have made me at least a little sad.

Is that where you board them? How come you dont have the pet sitter care for them too?

They love going to their grandma and grandpas, plus my lab's sister lives there so that makes it extra fun. :D I could leave them with the girl who watches the torts but they will have more fun and spoiling where they are going. We have to stop there anyway. We will stop there and leave the truck and trailer so the truck can be plugged in. The hub's parents live about a half an hour from the event. We would stay there if it wasnt for all of our friends being at the same hotel with a pool in the middle. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:

all the posts about members not liking certain types of posts, not liking smilies, and people avoiding posts by other people has me wondering how many people avoid me and my posts. I just made a welcome post and wondered if my use of smilies was annoying :( <--sad face

She seems fine now that I spent all that time worrying and I dropped off her sample but have not heard back.

I feel the same way about posting and have been holding back on the smiley faces.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think its the single response smiley face that gets to people. You know, where instead of someone actually typing out the words, "Yea! I love that picture!!" They just put up - :)

We have since made a new rule that single post smiley faces are no longer allowed, and the mods try to delete them when we see them.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

She seems fine now that I spent all that time worrying and I dropped off her sample but have not heard back.

I feel the same way about posting and have been holding back on the smiley faces.

LOL isnt that how it always works out? I am happy that she seems ok now!

Kerryann said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
Kerryann said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

They love going to their grandma and grandpas, plus my lab's sister lives there so that makes it extra fun. :D I could leave them with the girl who watches the torts but they will have more fun and spoiling where they are going. We have to stop there anyway. We will stop there and leave the truck and trailer so the truck can be plugged in. The hub's parents live about a half an hour from the event. We would stay there if it wasnt for all of our friends being at the same hotel with a pool in the middle. :D
oh i see now lol. yea that does sound like more fun! yep you are going to pick up some spoiled pups for sure. they will get away with it all then you will have to remind them of the rules when you pick them up.

emysemys said:
I think its the single response smiley face that gets to people. You know, where instead of someone actually typing out the words, "Yea! I love that picture!!" They just put up - :)

We have since made a new rule that single post smiley faces are no longer allowed, and the mods try to delete them when we see them.

thats good to know. Ill make sure I dont do that!

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Wow, don't know the last time I posted but a lot of pages have been created since.

I spent my day off ,Monday, in bed, sick hoping it was a cold and not the flu. Thankfully, I think it was a cold.

Tuesday, checking on line account, I find out my card has been compromised and some one has been doing on line ordering on my card. So I cancel the card tuesday night, that is how long it took to get ahold of the fraud dept at my bank.....I swear they put me on hold for a solid hour. Card cancelled, they are investigating. In the interim I get to try to get ahold of those who I pay electronically to let them know the alternate card.....d@mn this sux.

Have spent yesterday and today getting ready for our study. Tomorrow starts the big push.

On past days posts, goat is better than lamb, and if you can buy your meat from the producer, do. It tastes much better and you know the husbandry methods. I do anyway, but then I know the rancher. I also buy 1/4 side of dexter for the kids....really good stuff.

Big congrats to the family bringing in the unannounced child.

Hope everyone's torts will be in good health.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You guys are naughty. The dexter cow has always puzzled me in that it would seem to make sense to make a bigger cow for a smaller plot of land, not a smaller cow for a small plot.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Cowboy_Ken said:
Dexter is a type of smallish beef cow.

Bingo, and their marble and grade is just as good as angus as far as the USDA grading goes. I've seen the certificates. Of course that all depends on the producer, I know and trust the producer I buy from. Boer goat and dexter beef from good producers are fantabulous.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Yeh, I rarely get to eat either since both are considered "red meat" and my husband has determined that to be detrimental to his health. I buy the kids the beef as an annual gift and buy a partial goat for myself to BBQ when Charlie is working evenings. I do expect at least a rib eye steak or two for my generosity. I do my part to take care of family and friends.

And as a note, my job is not involved in beef production. I study effects of plant poisonings of grazing animals and how to stop losses due to that consumption.

And on an additional note, that steak is expected from my kids, not the producer.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
ijmccollum said:
Yeh, I rarely get to eat either since both are considered "red meat" and my husband has determined that to be detrimental to his health. I buy the kids the beef as an annual gift and buy a partial goat for myself to BBQ when Charlie is working evenings. I do expect at least a rib eye steak or two for my generosity. I do my part to take care of family and friends.

And as a note, my job is not involved in beef production. I study effects of plant poisonings of grazing animals and how to stop losses due to that consumption.

And on an additional note, that steak is expected from my kids, not the producer.

Sounds like a cool job.

Status
Not open for further replies.