Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

Have you thought of a chatbox that goes at the top of the main page of the forum... we have this over on SW... having it at the top means you can see when people are in without having to log into a different chat room... and just jump in where you please... also admin and mods can easily see if anything is getting out of hand... its been a really useful feature over on SW and helps you get to know people abit more... you never know i may not be the big bad person some people have tried to make me out to be :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Kelly: Are you saying that while one is reading the posts on a forum, there would be the chat that is currently ongoing at the top of the screen...you don't have to click to a new screen to read what folks are talking about?

Wow! What is this electronic age coming to? I think I'd like that feature.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'll see what I can do about finding space for it on the portal and/or forum index. It will also depend heavily on server usage as chat rooms are very resource intensive.

S

stells

The one on SW is just on the forum index page when you click to read a post it isn't on top of the screen... but go back to forum index and its there... it is a very popular feature and people chat in there every night...

laura808

5 Year Member
not able to leave comments for now
That sounds awesome emysemys!!!! If someone had an emergency where they couldnt wait for a reply on a thread it would be nice to have a chat so that they could get an immediate response. :)

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
I used to chat way back in the old days when this whole internet thing was new. Met a lot of reaaaaaally nice girls and eventually married one.

Tried a few years back to see if it was still much fun, and couldn't seem to get into it, so I have a feeling I wouldn't use it much, these forum things seem to work better for me, sit down and type something, walk away, do some chores, come back see if anything cool happened, more my speed, lol

I play online MMOs once in a while, not often lately, and pretty much always ignored the chat there. VOICE chat on the other hand, that was COOL used that all the time. Its pretty hard to type a sentence to somebody while you're hackin on a monster, much easier to talk, LOL

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
A chat room would be fun, but if it were only available when the 'greatest number of people' would be there to chat, I'm afraid I'd be left out since I work weekend night shift.

But I would probably use it...

teri

Status
Not open for further replies.