pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
That makes me so happy for you. I can't wait to see your babies come back home to you. Btw, did you get to read my post about Continuing Pretend Chat on another thread so that we won't have to go through the lags?

I can chat wherever they change or keep it too. :D The lag is hard on me usually but lately I have been getting on after tons of posts.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Jacqui, what do you think? Ken, Kerryann, and I would go either way, but if we all agree that it doesn't change the achievement of the goal for most posts, then couldn't we make life easier for everyone? We'd want to hear from Erin, Thallate, and our friends from England and others who post here.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Thanks & no it isn't permanent. We close in 60 days. It will be warm then so we will set up their outside enclosures and they get to go right outside on their new propery:).

That makes me so happy for you. I can't wait to see your babies come back home to you. Btw, did you get to read my post about Continuing Pretend Chat on another thread so that we won't have to go through the lags?
Thanks Sibi :)

I just caught up regarding starting a new thread. I don't care either way. This is Yvonne's baby, it is a really successful thread and I think it should be her decision.

I went bowling tonight with a bunch of kids so they were nice enough to put the bumpers up on the sides of the lanes. I learned that I am a terrible bowler! Most of my balls did not hit a single pin!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am getting lag

CtTortoiseMom said:
Thanks Sibi :)

I just caught up regarding starting a new thread. I don't care either way. This is Yvonne's baby, it is a really successful thread and I think it should be her decision.

I went bowling tonight with a bunch of kids so they were nice enough to put the bumpers up on the sides of the lanes. I learned that I am a terrible bowler! Most of my balls did not hit a single pin!

I love bumper bowling. It's the only time I bowl well :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, we've yet to hear from Jacqui, Yvonne, Erin, Thallate, and whoever else posts here regularly. Here's hoping this lag passes to the next page.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Lag post
I am working on something so stressful now :( Okay I am letting my assistant do the work and am providing support but I am still stressing :p

Okay I learned how to over come lag on a tablet or phone.
Click on posts by user
click on your last post and you will see everything posted before it too :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I am back!

I am indifferent about changing posts. It's not my thread so I don't care either way!

I hate bumper bowling! I get gutter balls all the time!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You make a valid point. But, what if the problem becomes larger as the posts grow larger? It is possible that the whole thread may fail anyway down the road. So, as an alternative, we can count the last post of the first thread, and simply add it to the second thread periodically. It's a little inconvenient, but not as inconvenient as what we have now. Yvonne asked if we preferred to start another thread. So, I'm sure she'll agree especially since we will continue to count the posts to make it the longest posted thread in TFO's history.

If you don't want to do that, than we'll just have to live with the lags. We've all said we can go either way with this. And, if what I described above happens as some point in the future, we can always implement this down the road. So, I guess we'll just need to ask Yvonne about what she things since this is her thread.

Jacqui said:
A new thread starts the count over from the beginning.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Morning Sibi! (Insert sarcasm here)

Hey! I just saw you asking about Momo's pancake babies. Thought you were wanting one of mine if I get some babies. Kidding here.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I'm a terrible bowler either way. One time, I tried to throw the ball, and my finger got caught in the ball, I went down the isle with the ball :p:p:p

We're leaving it up to Yvonne....whatever she wants; we'll just live with it.
Thalatte said:
I am back!

I am indifferent about changing posts. It's not my thread so I don't care either way!

I hate bumper bowling! I get gutter balls all the time!

Yes, I always ask about pancake babies. I never say I want one because I'm waiting for yours...remember? :p:p:p
Cowboy_Ken said:
Morning Sibi! (Insert sarcasm here)

Hey! I just saw you asking about Momo's pancake babies. Thought you were wanting one of mine if I get some babies. Kidding here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It really doesn't matter to me. I don't experience the lag. If you all want to start over in a new thread, that's fine with me.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It will depend on what the others want to do; but, know this, we do want to make this thread the longest posting thread in TFO' history! And, however we achieve that, we'll do. :p
emysemys said:
It really doesn't matter to me. I don't experience the lag. If you all want to start over in a new thread, that's fine with me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, we can start a new thread and close the old one. Then when the new one reaches a certain amount of pages, we can merge it with the old one, close it and start another new one. So it will still be the longest one in history, but a more manageable current issue. Actually, it really doesn't serve any purpose. I doubt anyone ever goes back and re-reads more than the last couple of pages. So its just taking up space or bits or whatever it takes up.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Again, a very wise decision, and a very wise woman!!!
emysemys said:
Well, we can start a new thread and close the old one. Then when the new one reaches a certain amount of pages, we can merge it with the old one, close it and start another new one. So it will still be the longest one in history, but a more manageable current issue. Actually, it really doesn't serve any purpose. I doubt anyone ever goes back and re-reads more than the last couple of pages. So its just taking up space or bits or whatever it takes up.

Hey Cowboy, where did you go? I thought you were an night owl. Well, if I can say up, so can many of you :p Look, Yvonne is up...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay we will close this thread and start a new one. I do however think merging the two threads to make one old one is sorta cheating. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.