pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
immayo said:
It's sold at some gas stations here but is expensive. A lot of tuners use it. I, being in some car clubs, know many people who mod their turboed cars will try to make it run on E85 because it is a higher octane fuel.

Thanks, that is interesting.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Oh the funniest part was that my gas cap was off and I did not know it and that is what made that light come on!! Oops!

That is hilarious. I wouldn't have passed up the mani/pedi :)

I never get Pedi's in the winter because I am scared I will ruin it by putting my pretty toes in my boots. I can't get a mani either because my hands are soo chapped I am afraid I will get MRSA or necrotising fasciitis. But, I can drink lattes all day if that is the price I have to pay! :)

Honestly ever since my mom got this crazy fungus in her toenails from a pedicure I have been going to a pedicure spa ran out of a podiatry clinic. They have the best sanitation I have ever seen. The foot bath is in a disposable tray that they discard between all of the patients. They also give you all of the tools after they do your pedicure and you can bring them back and get charged less next time.

Also I have no idea what the conditions you said are but one makes me think it means death. :shy:

My sister in law just started getting mani/ Pedi's in the last two years and got a funky black toe nail!!! I go regularily during the summer and have since I was a teenager and have never gotten anything!! Now I am skeeved!

You also reminded me when you said diesel.., the car people were asking if I use reg gas or flex fuel. I have no idea what flex fuel is so I told them just gas. I called my husband and he said we don't have it gear but it seems it is something sold around the Midwest. Does anyone use this?

I think its that stuff made from corn. It costs less than gas but you get less fuel economy on it. My husband was talking about it a few months ago. Apparently they are diverting the corn crops from feeding people to making inefficient fuel is his opinion. :p

Jacqui said:
Never heard the term flex, we have bio gas here.

I wish more places here sold biodiesel. It's really hard finding diesel out where I live. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Well, it is not sold anywhere here. But next time they ask me I will not be all "huh"?? I will simply say "no, I do not use E85, thank you":).

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
You should be like yea I use E85 and I have my car fully tuned to make it efficient. I run this beast at the track and blow people away, even though my fuel is partially made of corn! ;) haha

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
immayo said:
You should be like yea I use E85 and I have my car fully tuned to make it efficient. I run this beast at the track and blow people away, even though my fuel is partially made of corn! ;) haha

We do run race gas in our grand national when we drive it. It smells so nice. See Jacqui... I am a tomboy ;)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
immayo said:

Hahaha! It's a suburban, I cannot imagine it doing anything other than driving the carpool.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Kerryann said:
immayo said:

We do run race gas in our grand national when we drive it. It smells so nice. See Jacqui... I am a tomboy ;)

Yea, E85 is like the poor man's race fuel.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Hahaha! It's a suburban, I cannot imagine it doing anything other than driving the carpool.

You need a diesel truck. ;) Mine is programmed so it drives like a normal truck until you put your foot into it.. Then it feels like you are driving a Nascar race car

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
CtTortoiseMom said:
Edna said:
Flex Fuel = E85. It's 85% ethanol.

Is this sold where you are? I am just curious.

I'm not sure if any local stations have it, but where we fill up in Laramie does. A big advantage of autos designed for flex fuel is that you can use regular gasoline too. That's the "flex" part.

I have found my highest MPG is using gas with 10% ethanol.

The corn used for ethanol production is diverted from cattle feeding operations, not directly from people food. It's one of the reasons why beef has become so much more expensive.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
If the corn is diverted from beef feed, than it is diverted from my food.

:D I have to agree with you there. It's not like we need higher beef prices either.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
:D I have to agree with you there. It's not like we need higher beef prices either.

I think they predicted that this spring the meat and other processed food prices would rise because of last summers drought.
We buy from a place that gets most of their produce from local greenhouses and I guess they had a power outage. A lot of their crops were damaged so prices will be up for a few months. I was surprised a place like that didn't have a generator but maybe their margins aren't very high?

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Ethanol served to level the playing field a bit between beef producers and corn producers. Prior to about 2006, the beef producers held all the cards and made all the money. Not so anymore.
Higher beef prices are the reason our weekly steak this week is a leg of lamb steak:) I love lamb! Who would have thought it would become the affordable red meat?!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It is 14 degrees with 20 mph winds. It is the kind of cold that immediately stings your face and rips all of the oxygen out of your lungs. I have to leave in a second but I am stalling because I hate this weather sooooo much!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
It is 14 degrees with 20 mph winds. It is the kind of cold that immediately stings your face and rips all of the oxygen out of your lungs. I have to leave in a second but I am stalling because I hate this weather sooooo much!!

It is bitterly cold here too. I just checked and it said that it is 3 degrees but feels like -12. My truck was plugged in last night and I still had problems starting it. I felt bad for the neighbors too because it sounded like I started a straight pipe tractor. :p Today is my last day in the office for a week.. woot.. I am soo excited.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

It is bitterly cold here too. I just checked and it said that it is 3 degrees but feels like -12. My truck was plugged in last night and I still had problems starting it. I felt bad for the neighbors too because it sounded like I started a straight pipe tractor. :p Today is my last day in the office for a week.. woot.. I am soo excited.

I haven't left the house yet. Just hearing the wind is making me cold. I auto started it from inside my house and then bundled up and went out and turned it off. I am waiting for it to get Warner but I don't think it will:(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Oh my new red jeans are too big I think. I got them for three dollars so I will make them work. My husband told me they were too big and I thought he was crazy. :( They are baggy skinny jeans.. apparently I didn't notice that when I tried them on. They had the smaller size too.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
Ethanol served to level the playing field a bit between beef producers and corn producers. Prior to about 2006, the beef producers held all the cards and made all the money. Not so anymore.
Higher beef prices are the reason our weekly steak this week is a leg of lamb steak:) I love lamb! Who would have thought it would become the affordable red meat?!

I have not had lamb nor even looked at it in years, due to it's high cost. When I go into the "big city" next week, I need to see if I can find some lamb and what it's going for.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I haven't left the house yet. Just hearing the wind is making me cold. I auto started it from inside my house and then bundled up and went out and turned it off. I am waiting for it to get Warner but I don't think it will:(

I warmed my truck for 5 minutes and I was still about 15 minutes from home before it started blowing warm air. It was soooo cold. Usually it doesn't have a problem with a cold start if it's plugged in but this morning it was like no way lady.. I am staying right here.. it's cold out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.