pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
Just as I make plans to start filling my weekends, things go and switch around completely. :p

It's fine, though. My goddaughter's dad has been talking to his manager. At the moment, I babysit at 24 hours notice because he never gets his schedule in advance. I'm happy to do so, but it's hard to schedule meetings with clients around it. A couple of times I've had to cancel meetings or reschedule them with some of my more understanding clients.

Now, he's said that enough is enough. He's told her he can't keep messing me around, and he wants regular hours. He's gone in today and will be discussing three regular working days each week.

At the moment I'm babysitting once or twice a week. Three days is a lot of time to be unable to work because I'm looking after a toddler. So, I'm going to change my hours permanently.

From now on, Saturday and Sunday are working days, along with three days during the week. The other two days (two of the ones when I'm babysitting) are going to be my weekend. I will make sure, on those days, that I take her out and we do things properly. As it's MY weekend as well as time looking after her, it can't just be spent sitting inside.

For now it'll be visits to indoor play areas and animal attractions, and in summer we'll do picnics in the park and days at the beach. Lots of walks all year, and when she's a bit bigger we'll go out to eat or enjoy a drink at a cafe.

It's going to be a bit of a different way of living. It means that I get no days entirely to myself, but I'll need to use my free time more wisely. Evenings can be candle-making time, days will include activities rather than sitting around at home, and I'll make sure I spend more money on enjoying myself rather than thinking that I can't afford to do anything.

My business services are currently incredibly cheap, and I was considering raising them next year, but I think this might be the time to do it. It'll enable me to relax more wisely, which means I'll be even more clear-headed for my working days, and it can be justified with increased flexibility by working weekends, too. Will have a think!

Wow! Wrote a lot there, sorry. You guys are my sounding board!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
That sounds like a good mix of business and pleasure :D

Today is again another round of fiascos on fire. I am trying to wrap it up here so i can go on vacation. :p

I have a dentist appointment at 7:50 tomorrow. I must have made it before I knew I was going to be enjoying my day.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I have a dentist appointment at 7:50 tomorrow. I must have made it before I knew I was going to be enjoying my day.

When I was a kid, my Mother would make as many Dr and Dentist appts as she could be on our days off of school. Hopefully this visit of yours does not have the pain staying with you like last time.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
I feel a little like wonder women this after noon! just for comparison sake, I am 5'2" and only 115LB.... today I pruned 3 of our trees. after nagging my husband to do it for the last couple years and getting no where I decided to take matters into my own hands. Armed with just a hand saw and a pair of loopers I cut down and broke down 6 large branches... and these were not small branches... they were all about 6-10 feet long and 4-8 inches thick. pruned a lot of smaller ones too. Wahoo girl power! I have to say I am feeling pretty proud of my self right now.

who needs a man? this girl... to rub my sore little arms and shoulders!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:
I feel a little like wonder women this after noon! just for comparison sake, I am 5'2" and only 115LB.... today I pruned 3 of our trees. after nagging my husband to do it for the last couple years and getting no where I decided to take matters into my own hands. Armed with just a hand saw and a pair of loopers I cut down and broke down 6 large branches... and these were not small branches... they were all about 6-10 feet long and 4-8 inches thick. pruned a lot of smaller ones too. Wahoo girl power! I have to say I am feeling pretty proud of my self right now.

That's awesome! Great job!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
yea... the only part that was maybe a little questionable was when i was standing on a step ladder to cut some of them down. My husband was inside watching start treck as i did this lol.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

When I was a kid, my Mother would make as many Dr and Dentist appts as she could be on our days off of school. Hopefully this visit of yours does not have the pain staying with you like last time.

I have to cancel. :( I had a client schedule an emergency meeting with me tomorrow early.
Melly-n-shorty said:

That is awesome :D

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
and this is post number 1000 :)

I think the pretend chat should be under important threads :p because its important to me :D thank you Yvonne for starting this thread :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Had to cancel all my morning appointments and go see a client :(

Good Morning:) Princess Leia is going to the vet today for loose, watery poop. It has been three days now so it is time. It is 2 degrees out and the wind chill is way below 0 so it is not ideal but I have boot warmers under a blanket and a container all ready to go its interesting I have been paying very close attention to the torts because of all the sick tort's I keep hearing about otherwise I might not have noticed.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Good Morning:) Princess Leia is going to the vet today for loose, watery poop. It has been three days now so it is time. It is 2 degrees out and the wind chill is way below 0 so it is not ideal but I have boot warmers under a blanket and a container all ready to go its interesting I have been paying very close attention to the torts because of all the sick tort's I keep hearing about otherwise I might not have noticed.

I hope it's something simple. Glad that all thos sick tortoise threads have had another advantage in that it made you watch yours more carefully.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Thank's, I just hope it's not worms!

:D I had almost said in my post, "I hope it's something simple like worms." Then I came to this post of yours, so am glad I didn't wish that on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.