Redfoot Outdoor Enclosure, Swedish Style...

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddoc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
Mike,
That enclosure is amazing. Very nice woprk on the fence. I also love the idea of the culvert for a cave. I might have to think about utilizing that idea one day as well. Another thought on getting it in the pen would be to put ramps up and down the fence and roll it over the fence. That is probably what I would attempt. As many others have stated, I can't wait to watch the progress.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
How will you check the pipe for nests or even torts? Will it stilll be climbable, so to speak, for you to check it out?

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
lynnedit said:
Any updates on your enclosure yet?

I'm afraid that the weather here in Sweden has been what we call a "typical type of weather in april". That means that one day it can be +15C and the next day, like this morning, we had -4C ! But hopefully it is slowly going to get warmer, so I can continue with the pond, hills and the pipe...

And as I mentioned earlier, I've just started another project for their new indoor enclosure, which I can work on when it's to cold outside. But I will post about that in another thread as soon as there is something to look at.

muddoc said:
Mike,
That enclosure is amazing. Very nice woprk on the fence. I also love the idea of the culvert for a cave. I might have to think about utilizing that idea one day as well. Another thought on getting it in the pen would be to put ramps up and down the fence and roll it over the fence. That is probably what I would attempt. As many others have stated, I can't wait to watch the progress.

Thanks !

goReptiles said:
How will you check the pipe for nests or even torts? Will it stilll be climbable, so to speak, for you to check it out?

It will be buried half way, so there will be a tunnel for them to go right through !

Imagine that the pipe lie down, "C-shaped". Got it ?

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
As I mentioned earlier, the weather hasn't been that ideal to work in outdoors and I am posting a new thread where you can see why. So I decided to put this project on hold for a while...

All material is laying around for the pond, waterfall and the cave, so I guess it's just a matter of time and priority.

I will be posting new pics as soon as I have any updates to share.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Hi,
unfortunately this project has been put on hold for a couple of weeks, since I just have to do the indoor enclosures ready before the summer vacation season starts here in Sweden :(

But I'm quite glad that I kept the old enclosure inside the new one for a while, since one of my RF males has been very agressive towards the other two males I have. So I've decided to replan, and try to build some flexible fence inside the enclosure to be able to separate this male from the others if needed. Until then, I'll keep the old enclosure just as it is...

But they still seem to enjoy it, don't you agree ? :D

OutdoorEnclosure8.JPG OutdoorEnclosure9.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Thats great Mike. You should be expecting some great looking hatchlings. I love the second picture, Its like they have this look like "ok big fella you can leave now!" I thoroughly enjoy your posts.

S

Steve Bell

It is really fun to enjoy weather of Sweden with beauty of Sweden and beaches also.If you may enjoy a pet or wild life there then it is the biggest entertainment of your life.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Steve Bell said:
It is really fun to enjoy weather of Sweden with beauty of Sweden and beaches also.If you may enjoy a pet or wild life there then it is the biggest entertainment of your life.

Hi Steve Bell:

Won't you please take a few minutes to start a new thread in the "introductions" section of the forum and tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from?

Status
Not open for further replies.