Habitat drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Many RT's won't go in their water unless it is by accident. They often spend their day climbing and digging. That is their thing.
If your room stays above 60, as he is an older tort, you won't need night heat, as long as he has a nice 95F basking area to go to in the morning to warm up. (when you get your new bulb).
just keep an eye on the temps.

kirbybirby

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
Many RT's won't go in their water unless it is by accident. They often spend their day climbing and digging. That is their thing.
If your room stays above 60, as he is an older tort, you won't need night heat, as long as he has a nice 95F basking area to go to in the morning to warm up. (when you get your new bulb).

Okay good. haha. I put more coconut stuff in there today so it's taller than he is (that way he can actually dig in it) and he's been like a mole today. Any suggestions for keeping the dirt out of the water and food? haha.

But yeah his basking spot is nice and warm and the slate rock under it is also nice and warm.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
kirbybirby said:
lynnedit said:

Okay good. haha. I put more coconut stuff in there today so it's taller than he is (that way he can actually dig in it) and he's been like a mole today. Any suggestions for keeping the dirt out of the water and food? haha.

But yeah his basking spot is nice and warm and the slate rock under it is also nice and warm.

you can try to place some flat rocks around his water dish to protect it. big enough so he can't eat them!
he is probably grateful to finally have somewhere to burrow...

kirbybirby

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
you can try to place some flat rocks around his water dish to protect it. big enough so he can't eat them!
he is probably grateful to finally have somewhere to burrow...

Okay, thanks! And oh im sure. The stuff at the pet store was barely an inch high (my stuff is about 5 inches now probably higher) and there was also another tortoise in there. Same breed but i can imagine how cramped that must have been...

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
You can consider getting a mix like Spring mix or Herbal salad mix, or a similar product. Sounds like you still have some weeds in your yard too. Good idea to continue to soak him daily for a few more days.
He looks good!

kirbybirby

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
You can consider getting a mix like Spring mix or Herbal salad mix, or a similar product. Sounds like you still have some weeds in your yard too. Good idea to continue to soak him daily for a few more days.
He looks good!

Yeah, this was just lettuce I had left over from my salad the other day. (the bottom part of the head or whatever) I'll get a better mix soon.

And thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.