pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N. Utah
Kerryann said:
Ooh and I got a really cute pair of leopard print flats today at the store. The hub had me cut off from buying anymore flats so after breakfast he took me shoe shopping to calm my nerves. He is the best husband ever. I am going to wear them tomorrow with my new red skinny jeans unless it snows :)

What! You can actually wear red skinny jeans? The only thing I got away with were Levi skinny jeans and that was before the holidays hit. I am not even sure I could get them to zip right now, or if I did it would 1. Painful and 2. Painful to look at.

cherylim said:
Hehe...I look smart!

Absolutely hate all kind of sport. Ian announced this morning he was getting into American Football, so wanted to watch today.

I looked up, said "Ah, so it's on. Who are you supporting?". He said he was picking a team on the spot, and would support them from now on, since he really had no idea. Announced 'Atlanta'.

I looked up, saw 'ATL' and 'SF' and said in a deadpan voice. "That's good, because I'm supporting the 49ers".

He turned and looked at me, a bit shocked that I knew the 49ers were a team, never mind that they were playing, and asked why.

I responded "Oh, because that's the team Colin Kaepernick plays for" just as he came on the screen and I pointed and went 'him'. Then, the announcer said 'and there's Kaepernick'. Cue even more shock, since even he didn't have a clue about specific people.

Picked stuff up from TFO without realising. I looked really clever, and he was very confused. Have told him now that it's a tortoise thing.

That is way funny, but you really should consider supporting Denver. Well maybe next year since I believe they are out of it for this season.

I think we have have our high of the day, it is 4 pm and we hit whopping 3 degrees F.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My Niners get one more game to play. And for my friends on the other-side of the pond I say, “thank you for your support!"

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
ijmccollum said:
Kerryann said:
Ooh and I got a really cute pair of leopard print flats today at the store. The hub had me cut off from buying anymore flats so after breakfast he took me shoe shopping to calm my nerves. He is the best husband ever. I am going to wear them tomorrow with my new red skinny jeans unless it snows :)

What! You can actually wear red skinny jeans? The only thing I got away with were Levi skinny jeans and that was before the holidays hit. I am not even sure I could get them to zip right now, or if I did it would 1. Painful and 2. Painful to look at.

cherylim said:
Hehe...I look smart!

Absolutely hate all kind of sport. Ian announced this morning he was getting into American Football, so wanted to watch today.

I looked up, said "Ah, so it's on. Who are you supporting?". He said he was picking a team on the spot, and would support them from now on, since he really had no idea. Announced 'Atlanta'.

I looked up, saw 'ATL' and 'SF' and said in a deadpan voice. "That's good, because I'm supporting the 49ers".

He turned and looked at me, a bit shocked that I knew the 49ers were a team, never mind that they were playing, and asked why.

I responded "Oh, because that's the team Colin Kaepernick plays for" just as he came on the screen and I pointed and went 'him'. Then, the announcer said 'and there's Kaepernick'. Cue even more shock, since even he didn't have a clue about specific people.

Picked stuff up from TFO without realising. I looked really clever, and he was very confused. Have told him now that it's a tortoise thing.

That is way funny, but you really should consider supporting Denver. Well maybe next year since I believe they are out of it for this season.

I think we have have our high of the day, it is 4 pm and we hit whopping 3 degrees F.

I went up 12lbs during the holidays but now I am back down 14lbs. :) It's funny, I have been training myself to eat less and it's working. Now after just a few bites I am full. We just got back from going out to dinner and my hub was complaining about how little I eat these days. I told him he could save some calories and give me a few bites of his food. He threatened to stab me with a fork. :D On the other hand, I pack him all of my left overs for his lunches during the week so he wins.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
I am so jealous girlfriend, I am sitting at 12 lbs gained over holidays with 5 that I was hoping to drop before the holidays hit.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOW, Kerryann, kudos for you standing up for the waiter. I hate bullying of any kind.
Cherylim, I think that was great, got a good laugh. You floored him:D

Jacqui, Yvonne, anyone, what happened to Kristina? I don't remember her posting for quite some time now, I fact I believe months. Was just wondering.:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
ijmccollum said:
I am so jealous girlfriend, I am sitting at 12 lbs gained over holidays with 5 that I was hoping to drop before the holidays hit.

I have been doing this mind over matter thing where I have been gradually eating less while trying to eat healthier at the same time. I lost almost 9lbs my first week by switching out to only eating non gmo unprocessed food. :D I have also been drinking water like a fiend which has helped with the hunger. I am at the point now where like 3 to five bites of food fills me up. Another trick I have been doing is when I think I am hungry I drink a glass of water and wait for 10 minutes. If I am still hungry I have a small snack like carrots or an apple. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kerryann said:
ijmccollum said:

I have been doing this mind over matter thing where I have been gradually eating less while trying to eat healthier at the same time. I lost almost 9lbs my first week by switching out to only eating non gmo unprocessed food. :D I have also been drinking water like a fiend which has helped with the hunger. I am at the point now where like 3 to five bites of food fills me up. Another trick I have been doing is when I think I am hungry I drink a glass of water and wait for 10 minutes. If I am still hungry I have a small snack like carrots or an apple. :D

I will have to try that. Anytime I try to go on a diet, I instantly get hungry and I am a junk food, foodie. I like the drinking water first. That might really work for me. Thanks for the tip:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann fails to mention that she is a red foot tortoise and a carrot or apple equals food to her.

I looooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveee fruits and veggies.. so I am definitely like a tort :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
My friend's personal trainer started a 3 day a week boot camp. My friend invited me to join, she said it is like 5 women and the most intense workout of her life and all the while the trainer is screaming the ladies for not holding their planks or giving up too soon. She said its awesome and her trainer is a 6'4 Brazilian but I don't want to get yelled at!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have three pair of glasses...the "Progressive" "Transitions" that I wear all the time, the ones that only have my distance vision correction (for watching TV) and the ones that only have my close-up that I use for reading. So, there's a pair laying next to the TV, and a pair sitting on top of my book, where ever that may be and a pair on my nose. A few weeks ago Misty reached up on the bureau, grabbed my TV glasses (wire frames) and really demolished them. I took them to a frame shop and the lady kindly re-bent them and put the lenses back in them. She didn't charge me. So this evening I'm sitting on the computer and here comes Misty with my reading glasses in her mouth. These are plastic frames and one lens holder is broken...the lenses are on the floor in my bedroom.

She used to be real good about only playing with her own toys. I guess she's getting tired of them and now has to start on my toys.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
emysemys said:
I have three pair of glasses...the "Progressive" "Transitions" that I wear all the time, the ones that only have my distance vision correction (for watching TV) and the ones that only have my close-up that I use for reading. So, there's a pair laying next to the TV, and a pair sitting on top of my book, where ever that may be and a pair on my nose. A few weeks ago Misty reached up on the bureau, grabbed my TV glasses (wire frames) and really demolished them. I took them to a frame shop and the lady kindly re-bent them and put the lenses back in them. She didn't charge me. So this evening I'm sitting on the computer and here comes Misty with my reading glasses in her mouth. These are plastic frames and one lens holder is broken...the lenses are on the floor in my bedroom.

She used to be real good about only playing with her own toys. I guess she's getting tired of them and now has to start on my toys.

You need to start dog proofing everything. If she's smart like my dog she can figure anything out when you try to hide stuff. I have baby locks on everything.
Your story reminded me I have to go to the doctor again for my eyes. I am hoping he doesn't want to shiv me in the eye :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Good morning TFO :D
I have been up since 4:30. I have my monthly presentation to the board in less than an hour. I have been working so hard this month. I have so much accomplished out of my annual goals already. I am really excited to do my presentation. :D Wish me luck

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good luck Kerryann. I guess that means it's not a holiday at your job today.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
When Scout first came to live with us, he went through a leather jacket, glasses, cell phone, two tv remotes, power tools, camping gear and several 50 lb bags of top soil. He managed to open my Jewlery tote that I carry to the market and strewn it across the back yard. And the poor Dude, my blue tongue skink, had to have his viv covered so Scout couldn't see him. This went on for almost a year. Now he is very behaved, actually I think he finally got us trained. But seriously, he has become a great dog. Now if we could get him stop the incessant barking at the "puppy nappers" clearing the snow....

It is a holiday at my job so I am sleeping in. Starting tomorrow it will be a three week uninterrupted work schedule.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Good luck Kerryann. I guess that means it's not a holiday at your job today.

It went great :D
Our clients have a holiday today but I do not. Today should be nice and quiet.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad it went great, but then I expected it to be no less then great with you doing it.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Glad it went great, but then I expected it to be no less then great with you doing it.

Thanks, I did a lot of prep work though. I was so impressed that none of my proposals got shot down. I put a lot of thought into writing them up and had very strong ROI estimates for all of them.

Did I also mention that I have one more day of work. I am waiting for a client to either schedule a meeting with me tomorrow(hoping), Wednesday, or Thursday morning so I can schedule the things I want to get done over the next couple of days off work before we leave for Snofari. I have a groupon for a facial that I want to use, I need to get my lashes filled, and I need a haircut like nobody's business.

ijmccollum said:
When Scout first came to live with us, he went through a leather jacket, glasses, cell phone, two tv remotes, power tools, camping gear and several 50 lb bags of top soil. He managed to open my Jewlery tote that I carry to the market and strewn it across the back yard. And the poor Dude, my blue tongue skink, had to have his viv covered so Scout couldn't see him. This went on for almost a year. Now he is very behaved, actually I think he finally got us trained. But seriously, he has become a great dog. Now if we could get him stop the incessant barking at the "puppy nappers" clearing the snow....

It is a holiday at my job so I am sleeping in. Starting tomorrow it will be a three week uninterrupted work schedule.

My dogs don't mess with the tortoises or my fish/frogs but I have them gated to the wood floor area of my house. I have baby locks on all of the cabinets and the pantry now. If I don't do all of my dog proofing daily my lab will find something to get into. She is so well behaved normally but you never know when she's gonna get a wild hair up her wazoo. :p:D
She will be really bad after this weekend. She is spending the weekend at grandma and grandpas. They have her sister and she weighs almost 15lbs heavier than my dog but is shorter. Their dog Coco is used to getting treats whenever she wants and is generally more spoiled than my dogs... which is hard to believe honestly. :rolleyes:

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
haha my two used to get into all sorts of stuff when they were pups, cleo once ate her weight in wedding cake! but now they are 13 and just want to sleep all day... except for my little boy flash... he LOVES stuffed animals (in a perverted way) his age has not slowed him down any. He still finds ways onto beds and tables to get to them which is impressive when you are 13 years old and 7 inches tall. My daughter has lost lots of her stuffed animals to him... and if the doll makes noise it excites him even more! he is such a perv!

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Kerryann said:
My dogs don't mess with the tortoises or my fish/frogs but I have them gated to the wood floor area of my house. I have baby locks on all of the cabinets and the pantry now. If I don't do all of my dog proofing daily my lab will find something to get into. She is so well behaved normally but you never know when she's gonna get a wild hair up her wazoo. :p:D

Scout has free access to the entire house and he has learned to ignore the critters regardless if they are in their cages or out. I still would never leave him alone with them. He does kinda look a little funny at me if I have one of the tarantulas out.

Yeh, you never know when they might get a wild hair. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.