WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS GUY BEEN SMOKING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
So, he's saying, if I buy a sulcata, I can start riding it to town like a grass powered car... Sweet deal.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
bahahaha, rofl a 10in in a 60gal....no way in heck. lols this guy sucks no offense.

Phantom9

5 Year Member
Elverta, CA (Just outside of Sacramento)
Wow.... No humidity and he says to use repti/calci sand.... This has to be one of those shotty fake websites or maybe even a jr high kid that was too lazy to do research and just asked a petsmart employee.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I think it would be better to write a simple email to him. Explain your experience and how his information is incorrect. He probably got his information off of another website. step up and help him out.

I do not know him personally, but he does good work. He takes in abandoned and abused turtles and takes very good care of them at great personal expense. I joined this forum because for the most part you have all been kind and compassionate with us who have made mistakes in the past. I know nothing about Tortoises, but if I plan to educate myself I would hope I would be treated as well as when I asked questions on box turtles and aquatic turtles.

Please, anyone with Sulcata Tortoise experience, write him an email. Show some compassion to him and the animals in his care.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Someone sure needs to educate him! Finding good information is hard enough as it is...what is he thinking?!?!?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Almost every sentence has inaccuracies. Crazy. Anyone can post anything online...

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
What is this guy thinking!? Everyone knows the only safe food for sulcatas to eat is iceburg lettuce. I do have to say he did one thing right and you do have to raise them on rabbit pellets. :D

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Eweezyfosheezy said:
What is this guy thinking!? Everyone knows the only safe food for sulcatas to eat is iceburg lettuce. I do have to say he did one thing right and you do have to raise them on rabbit pellets. :D

SMH:( I thought we trained you better ....rofl

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
fbsmith3 said:
I think it would be better to write a simple email to him. Explain your experience and how his information is incorrect. He probably got his information off of another website. step up and help him out.

I do not know him personally, but he does good work. He takes in abandoned and abused turtles and takes very good care of them at great personal expense. I joined this forum because for the most part you have all been kind and compassionate with us who have made mistakes in the past. I know nothing about Tortoises, but if I plan to educate myself I would hope I would be treated as well as when I asked questions on box turtles and aquatic turtles.

Please, anyone with Sulcata Tortoise experience, write him an email. Show some compassion to him and the animals in his care.

Well said.

-Drew

cmitch

5 Year Member
Reno nv
fbsmith3 said:
I think it would be better to write a simple email to him. Explain your experience and how his information is incorrect. He probably got his information off of another website. Rather than calling him names, step up and help him out.

Well said!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
fbsmith3 said:

Exactly how it should be!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I sent a polite email inviting conversation about the info on the sulcata page of his website.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was going to post my typical post in situations like this. If you don't offer a helping hand, then don't post about it just to complain. It helps no one and no tort. However, seeing Tom already emailed him, I will not post it. Oh heck yes I am. Here it goes:D

Did you contact them and offer some guidance? Ignoring to offer some polite, constructive non-judgmental advice is not helping the tortoise or it's new owner. They (person selling) it will pass on the same poor info they probably were told.
Don't forget, it has only been a few years that the majority of correct info has been available. I mean this in the nicest way, but to complain about someones care without offering some friendly advice does nothing and is pretty much just as bad. Email them some friendly info. Tell them about TFO. Even ask if they would pass on the sites and/or advice you have given them to the new owners. Wish them luck and say good bye. Now you have done something to help that tortoise. Whether s/he takes it or not, is not on you. Doing nothing, is on you.

A web site is probably more important to contact and set straight then a CL ad. Web sites reaches many more people.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
we cant judge too much, to some that is the rightway, Not our right way, but I just stopped reading at 10 inch tort in a 60 gallon, All i can think of is glass shattering and the tort coming right on out to explore around the house.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why can't we judge to much? The info is wrong. Plain and simple. The guy is misinforming the public. What is wrong with judging that? I agree with Barb that we should try to help the situation, but I see nothing wrong with judging wrong info as wrong info.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
To him it may be the right info, to us the wrong. Im in no way agreeing that we should follow what he is saying, but to just inform him of the correct info, with facts and pictures to prove the this is the rightway of doing things. Not to say WHAT CRACK IS THAT GUY SMOKIN? well hes smoking the tort crack he obiously likes reptiles and I dont see any reason someone would put wrong info out their to purposely cause some one to raise an unhealthy tort. Hes just be misinformed. Look at how many new memebrs join everyday that have done research but have just found this site, and now their tort is dying from dehydration, since they found our site to late. Do we JUDGE them? Or pass on the correct information to get them on the right track? also nothing wrong with judging the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.