Craigslist: Rhode Island neglected Sulcata tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
I do not know Sulcata Tortoise, but this guy looks neglected to me. I see pyramiding. I hope someone can help him and I definetly hope this "owner" never gets his bird.

http://providence.craigslist.org/pet/2646682326.html

Wanting to trade reptiles for bird (RI)

I have an 8ft Burmese python with a large tank and stand and a sulcata tortoise with a large tank and stand, both are very tame and healthy. I'm willing to trade one, preferably both for a large parrot. Please email me back with pics and I can send you some in return, the parrot needs to have a cage. Looking for a Macaw, Cockatoo, Amazon, eclectus, mynah or Congo Grey. Thanks.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
No parrot PLUS cage is worth those reptiles... That is nuts to even think that you would get a $500-$1500 bird plus a $300+ cage for those animals. I really wonder about people some times.

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
Kristina said:
No parrot PLUS cage is worth those reptiles... That is nuts to even think that you would get a $500-$1500 bird plus a $300+ cage for those animals. I really wonder about people some times.

Your right a Macaw and Congo Gray...really...I wish I could afford one of those lovely birds but I can't even cough up the cash for the cage needed for them.I just hope when he doesn't get what's he will just sell the reptiles to a loving home.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
My male Amazon parrot became jealous of me talking to the female parrot and flew at me bitting my face, it's still healing and probally will leave a scar. Still would never allow him to go to this guy.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Parrots take the commitment of having a 5 year old child. If someone is incapable of researching the proper care of their Sulcata, reason tells me that they probably are not equipped to own a parrot.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Kristina said:
Parrots take the commitment of having a 5 year old child. If someone is incapable of researching the proper care of their Sulcata, reason tells me that they probably are not equipped to own a parrot.

More like a 5 year old who is hopped up on caffeine and sugar. A 5 year old child who has tallon, can fly and has a beak that can chop off fingers.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Amazons, but one if I become to confortable and let my guard down, things can go badly.

Also, when they get sick they will never let on until it's too late.

EDIT: I just sent him an email explaining how his Sulcata looks poorly and parrots are far more expensive than he realizes. Plus no parrot owner would want a Python.

Yes if he can't even handle basic care of a Sulcata, a parrot will never last too long.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
fbsmith3 said:
Kristina said:

More like a 5 year old who is hopped up on caffeine and sugar. A 5 year old child who has tallon, can fly and has a beak that can chop off fingers.

Oh, I know ;) This is EXACTLY why I DON'T have an African Grey. I don't have the time to properly dedicate to one with all of my other animals, full time job and my two children. Someday, when my kids are gone and I am retired, I will get one. A very close friend of mine has Abraham, an African Grey, and I LOVE that bird. He is the coolest creature I have ever interacted with.

Status
Not open for further replies.