Apparently this guy has Pure-blooded S.Pardis Pardis Tortoises For sale in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

miccodan

5 Year Member
Just out of curiosity every now and then I will search the Kijiji adds across Canada and came across this fellow who claims to have Pure-blooded S.Pardis Pardis Leopard Tortoises for sale for $700, he has pictures but I am no expert at confirming that those are true S.Pardis Pardis although they do look relatively different from my Babcoki. Thought that it was interesting enough to let you guys know.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-pets-oth...s-Pardis-Leopard-Tortoises-W0QQAdIdZ515546950

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Very cute. Very much. Very much cute. Looks like one to me, the non expert. The two dots and I see little speckles on the skin of the back legs. Those seem to be two things right off the bat, that may tell if it is, or it has a lot of GPP (75% like mine?) in the mix. So darn cute, they are. Those darn leopards are so darn cute.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
Apparently this guy has Pure-blooded S.Pardis Pardis Tortoises For sale in Onta

They are GPP but is he asking for 700 for both? If so that sounds about right because true GPP usually range from 300 to 350

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
RE: Apparently this guy has Pure-blooded S.Pardis Pardis Tortoises For sale in Ontari

They appear to be what he claims them to be.

mikeh

5 Year Member
I was lucky to get this 3 month old GPP for $150. He does have split scutes.

1377176252254.jpg

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Last edited by a moderator:

miccodan

5 Year Member
RE: Apparently this guy has Pure-blooded S.Pardis Pardis Tortoises For sale in Onta

GeoGpp1012 said:
They are GPP but is he asking for 700 for both? If so that sounds about right because true GPP usually range from 300 to 350

I am 99% sure its $700 for one. In Canada tortoises are RARELY found in pet stores, The odd few pop on kijiji, almost all of them being red foots. I had to wait for a week or two to finally find my leopard babcoki and was able to talk the guy down from $425 to $340 with most of them selling for around $400.

Tortoises and turtles are widely thought of down here to pass diseases such as salmonella and toxoplasmosis due to the mass amounts of red ear sliders being sold in pet stores with the commonly seen palm tree fishbowl. These kids would then proceed to play with the turtle and its dirty water They inevitably got sick. Turtles/Tortoises ended up getting the short end of the stick which is very sad knowing what amazing creatures these guys are.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
RE: Apparently this guy has Pure-blooded S.

Looks like a pure South African to me. I'm obviously not from Canada, but considering what babcocki usually sell for there, the price seems to be right in line for this type of tortoise.

Wonder where he got them from.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
mikeh, that is a totally cute butt scute. And what a darling picture, the little poser! I like tort butts and I cannot lie.
Sir Mix-A-Lot needs to redo that song for us and our cute butt tortoises. LOL. : )

Neal said:
Looks like a pure South African to me. I'm obviously not from Canada, but considering what babcocki usually sell for there, the price seems to be right in line for this type of tortoise.

Wonder where he got them from.

Isn't there a true blue GPP breeder named Ben in Minnesota? Ontario and Minnesota share the border and Lake Superior I think. Maybe?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
RE: Apparently th

Yes, but I do believe there are issues with shipping tortoises to Canada...I could be wrong about that.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: Apparently this guy has Pure-blooded S.Pardis Pardis Tortoises For sale Ontario

What does a "true blue" stand for?

Typo for true blood?

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Oh oh. Did I just open up a can-o-worms?

mikeh, there are dialogues on this forum about the leopards and the different points of view about them being one big leopard family or distinct enough from their different ranges to be many different subspecies. If you search "bacocki and GPP" I think you will find the threads and can read them for yourself. It is fascinating but it makes your head spin like the Linda Blair's head in The Exorcist. Or maybe not as much, LOL. ALL leopards are groovy regardless. Love yours. That butt scute rocks.

mikeh said:
What does a "true blue" stand for?

Typo for true blood?

Oh. Did I not answer this? It's hot today. Brain fry.
There are not too many all GPP only (for sure GPP, by both parents) breeders in the USA is my understanding.

I have a baby that is GPP mom and pop is 50/50 GPP and Babcocki. I got my little before I read about them on the forum. See the importance of maybe keeping like with like, but love my 3/4 GPP a lot anyhow.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: Apparently this guy has Pureblooded S.Pardis Pardis Tortoises For sale in Ontario

Believe me, I have read many of them. I am asking if I was missing something since mine came from Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.