What the hell mosey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati Ohio
Okay, so I just had the longest day ever. It's raining, horrendously humid, and I might go crazy. Subway is not a difficult job, I do have some work like cleaning, mopping, and sometimes cutting onions (yuck!). The ONLY difficult part is having to deal with crazy people. I try to make customers happy. I do what they tell me to. I make a hellofa good sandwich (nice and pretty) and for some people thats not enough. :( I used to draw caricatures at an amusement park for 3 years, and that is a difficult job...but thats also another story :p So I'm tired and I come into my room to find my dumb tortoise flipped on his back. I don't know HOW he did it, but he did. So I see him on his back just chilling..."WHAT THE HELL MOSEY!" I freaked out (overreacted a little) and flip him back over, and he's looking at me like nothing happened. I don't know how long he was like this, but I saw him and thought he was dead.
So I'm going to relax now after my long day...how do I punish a tortoise?
NO FRUIT for 3 days mister! :p
Thats my day...hows yours?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am sorry to hear that you and Mosey had a bad day. Poor little one, on his back, I am sure he was very happy to see you :D.

luck102573

5 Year Member
Iowa
That sounds like a very bad :( but if it makes you feel better, my Buddha seems to flip himself over quite a bite. sometimes I wonder how did he manage that....lol. So I just check on him a lot daily...lol. so don't feel to bad. Tomorrow will be a better day :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry I go to subway only when crazy, I also enjoy a good footlong, but they never put enough mustard on mine, even when I ask for " extra mustard", as for the on back tort I would imagine he tried to climb the wall.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm glad Mosey is okay!
Some people are never ever happy. I've worked in food service on and off for 18 years. (same restaurant believe it or not) You can tell a whole lot about someone by how they treat the people who are there to serve their food!

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
The best tortoise punishment is a good stiff spanking with a newspaper.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I went through your threads that you'd posted here so I could see if you had posted a picture of his enclosure. I found one of you guys outside on a rainy day. Does his enclosure have a half log in it because that is exactly how my Eddie flipped himself over one day so I had to take it out. I watched him the second time and sure enough he tried it again. Silly Eddie, he's a handful. Anyway I also found a thread that says that you're planning on going to college. Smart idea since you don't want to work at Subway all of your life. :D That's your way out. :) I also have to add that I love the title of this thread. I could just picture you saying that to him. :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
jackrat said:
The best tortoise punishment is a good stiff spanking with a newspaper.

Don't pay any attention to Jackrat, he's a well-documented sadist. Everyone else on here uses the politically correct Time-out Chair.

Seriously, though, it is dangerous for tortoises to be on their back for an extended period of time. Make sure there are plants or rocks in the enclosure that Mosey can mosey over to and use as leverage to right himself if he gets overturned; slopes will also help, and if he's diving off his half-log you can build up the substrate on the sides of it so it's a ramp instead of a ledge.

Did you check for beer cans? Did the neighbors hear loud music? ;)

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
HAHA! You guys make me laugh :p (not sarcastically) Just reading the posts make me happier :D

dmmj said:
Sorry I go to subway only when crazy
Subway is always crazy! We had a line out the door at least half of the day. It's exhausting sometimes but I never care if people want their sandwich to swim with mayonnaise :) some workers are just grumpy too.

Candy said:
I went through your threads that you'd posted here so I could see if you had posted a picture of his enclosure. I found one of you guys outside on a rainy day. Does his enclosure have a half log in it
He has a glass indoor enclosure that he stays in while i'm at work

Thanks everyone for making me feel better after a crappy day. :)

M

Maggie Cummings

If I might make a suggestion...when you find him on his back be careful how you tip him back over. Don't freak out and whirl him around you could twist his intestines that way. Just tip him back over normally and kinda slow. He had stopped fighting to flip back that's why he was still. Figure out why or how he was flipped and remove the thing he was climbing on...Being on his back all day is very bad, just like spinning him around is bad too...

Status
Not open for further replies.