Secret Santa sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Ummm, are we actually supposed to wait until x-mas to open them? I mean, I got mine today, and since the world is ending tomorrow, I went ahead and ripped the package open with reckless abandon. :p

It is an absolutely beautiful gift. I was really surprised that my SS went through so much trouble. I can post post a photo if I'm not starting the fun too early... Let me know, lol. Otherwise I'll wait for the rest of you unbelievably patient people.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Well I was planning to merge all the secret santa threads into Josh's thread, but so many of you posted here that I think I'll merge Josh's into this one. Is that ok with everyone? Be easier to locate all in one place, no?

I thought maybe just leave Josh's thread as it is. If we combine them, then posts may not make sense in this thread.

shellysmom said:
Ummm, are we actually supposed to wait until x-mas to open them? I mean, I got mine today, and since the world is ending tomorrow, I went ahead and ripped the package open with reckless abandon. :p

It is an absolutely beautiful gift. I was really surprised that my SS went through so much trouble. I can post post a photo if I'm not starting the fun too early... Let me know, lol. Otherwise I'll wait for the rest of you unbelievably patient people.

Some wait and some don't. Since yours is already open we want details please and who you think (or know) is your SS.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
shellysmom said:

It has been sooo hard but I haven't opened mine yet :p

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Sounds like you made something for your SS. :)

I did! It turned out really pretty. I've been back and forth across BC so much this week that I haven't gotten any time to ship it, hopefully tomorrow!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Mine showed up about a week ago from a company I was already expecting something from.... Imagine my surprise when my order was not in the box but something else altogether!....with the name of my Secret Santa printed on the shipping list!:p

:cool: Thanks Angi! I missed the chance to make Chocolate Covered Truffles with my cooking due to illness yesterday (I am feeling better today tho...) but when you teach a cooking class to children from 3-14 years old, a Chocolate Fondue Fountain is a true asset to the class! I now have new way to make cooking fun!;)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am so glad you like it. I freaked out when I saw you were a guy that likes dragons. I am good at shopping for girlie stuff. Your pix didn't look like you were a guy who liked girlie stuff LOL. I work at Macy's and don't have time to look for dragon stuff. And the one turtle ornament at my Macy's had a broken arm. Anyway I figured you liked chocolate and you could return it if you didn't like it. I didn't know you taught cooking or kids. Next year we need to have more info on our sheets ;). It wasn't suposed to have my name on it. It was suposed to say from your TFO Secret Santa :(.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Uh oh, I hope mine doesn't have my name on it... It's also supposed to say that. Did you get it off of Amazon???

OH MY GOSH I CAN'T WAIT!! THE CUTE TIGGER PAPER IS CALLING MY NAME

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Okay so I gave up on waiting. I opened it... (sorry secret santa that told me to wait until Christmas!!!) I LOVE IT. It's super cute... I'm a little bummed because part of the "lampshade" shell was broken, at the base so you can't see it, and I used some Elmer's on it. Some of the paint is also chipped off but I will go out and buy some suncatcher paint tomorrow and touch it up a bit!

I like that it's tortoise-y and also represents my froggies too! :D

DSC_0268_zpse8d5ecd6.jpg

DSC_0269_zps5165a0a5.jpg

DSC_0270_zpsabbc1633.jpg

DSC_0271_zpsaca42bae.jpg

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Angi, you are so right. I know those info sheets were so basic, I just copied the one that was used last year. But please next year let's come up with some better ones, and I also agree clothes sizes?? Really? Who would buy clothing, (aside from a cool T'shirt or sweatshirt maybe) But like I would buy someone a pair of shoes??
Oh and Courtney,, sometimes those darn postal people are so rough, I am sorry you got damaged goods. I am glad it was repairable, that was one of a kind!!

OK so let's see List of received
Courtney,
Maggie
David
Josh
KerryAnn,
Did I miss anyone? I do know of 2 that probably won't get theirs by Xmas. so no worries yet!!
Nay

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I love the tortoise lamp.
You guys are making me more anxious to open my gift and I am trying behave :D
I don't think I sent mine with my name on it. I had it snuck across the border and shipped so I am not sure what the packaging looked like. :p According to the receipt I got, the one I sent should already be received also.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Mine has supposedly arrived at its destination but I haven't heard anything from the person.

Nay, thanks for the pretty lamp! I love it!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I just painted up my new tortoise (okay so technically it's a turtle but no one needs to know) lamp. When the light is off, the brown looks perfect and the green looks terrible. When the light is ON the green looks like it could be the original paint and the brown looks off... no happy medium :p

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Nay...I did not receive a gift yet. You have me on the received list...but even tho I have run out to the mail box every day...there's no Secret Santa for me yet...

Nay said:
Angi, you are so right. I know those info sheets were so basic, I just copied the one that was used last year. But please next year let's come up with some better ones, and I also agree clothes sizes?? Really? Who would buy clothing, (aside from a cool T'shirt or sweatshirt maybe) But like I would buy someone a pair of shoes??
Oh and Courtney,, sometimes those darn postal people are so rough, I am sorry you got damaged goods. I am glad it was repairable, that was one of a kind!!

OK so let's see List of received
Courtney,
Maggie
David
Josh
KerryAnn,
Did I miss anyone? I do know of 2 that probably won't get theirs by Xmas. so no worries yet!!
Nay

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Cant wait to see all the pictures :)

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I sent mine out a couple days ago! Haven't received anything yet! I am excited for its arrival :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Angi said:
I am so glad you like it. I freaked out when I saw you were a guy that likes dragons. I am good at shopping for girlie stuff. Your pix didn't look like you were a guy who liked girlie stuff LOL. I work at Macy's and don't have time to look for dragon stuff. And the one turtle ornament at my Macy's had a broken arm. Anyway I figured you liked chocolate and you could return it if you didn't like it. I didn't know you taught cooking or kids. Next year we need to have more info on our sheets ;). It wasn't suposed to have my name on it. It was suposed to say from your TFO Secret Santa :(.

I did say from your TFO SS.... in the Note area. but had your name and address in the Billing area....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.