What no Secret Santa???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I'd be interested, do the Canada people just have to do it amongst themselves or do we get to play with the big kids?

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Ok so this is what my plans are;;;
Everyone who wants in should find the questionnaire in this thread, copy and fill out and PM to me. If you can think of anything else to add go for it. I personally thought at first the age should be irrelevant, but upon more thoughts decided I might get something different if I know the recipient is 13 or 60..
Our deadline to enter should be next Friday. I will randomly send out the questionnaire to all who sent one in. If we are off one that will be mine. 20 dollars is the average limit and you can decide if that includes postage. Last year my postage was 10 dollars, but alot of thought to the person I had and the 20 dollars went for the gift. They were so grateful, I was certainly justified and happy I made that decision. It is up to you.
I also know I will go no where near the post office the week of Xmas, so unless the planets line up in a different order. my gift, if I get someone, will go out the week of Xmas. I feel lets just say make sure your gift should arrive before New Years. This time between Xmas and Thanksgiving seems to be in a time warp, so hopefully no one has a problem getting theirs after the official day?
Please Please lets not sign up if you can't do this. It is so hurtful to think you are doing this and then get blown off.
So here's to hoping I don't send someone their own questionnaire, if I do just let me know.
And if there is anything else PM me. So far we have 2 sent to me.
Remember. Next Friday if you want in this highly anticipated event!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
BowandWalter said:
I'd be interested, do the Canada people just have to do it amongst themselves or do we get to play with the big kids?

I would say, it would be okay. Might take longer to get to you. Anybody know if postage to Canada is a lot higher then within the USA? I know we had several UK folks doing this last year, but I think they only were SS to other UKers.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I have sent a few things to Canada and it is a bit higher priced and takes a very long time, also you have to fill out some special paperwork, so alittle more effort. Lets hope there are an even number!
Happy Thanksgiving!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Am I too late to join in? I missed this thread until now. I took part last year and received a wonderful gift - it's next to me right now. I'm in the UK but my SS recipient was in the US.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
No No No, read the above post, we are (I am) making the deadline next Friday Dec 7. (Oops, maybe didn't post a date!!! sorry)
Please,,, we only have 2 so far...
Nay

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Can you send me my person by the 27th. I want to get all my shopping done on the 27th. I am working at Macy's and my not last much longer :( If not no big deal.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Nay said:
I have sent a few things to Canada and it is a bit higher priced and takes a very long time, also you have to fill out some special paperwork, so alittle more effort. Lets hope there are an even number!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Egads, probably not the best for my first ever posting experience. I can't even figure out in state posting.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Oh yes, I am planning on sitting down and sending out people by say the 9th at the latest! Names have to be in by the 7th. Depending on what I have going on, if I get on the computer and how many we get. I will PM your person!!
All I wanted to say before was, lets not get nervous if you don't receive yours by Xmas. Let's give it till New Years before we start posting you didn't receive your gift.
Nay (up to 5 participants!!!)
Bow and Walter, didn't mean to scare you, there is just an extra form to fill out at the post office!! They will help you!!
Just not the week prior to Christmas,when they are crazy!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
BowandWalter said:
Nay said:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Egads, probably not the best for my first ever posting experience. I can't even figure out in state posting.

I usually just write the address on the shipping label and then have the post office person do the rest of the magic. :D Or you could get a flat rate shipping box for the size of your gift.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Oh golly, that's lucky. I'll check out what the costs are, but I'm probably in!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Oh come on guys! You will be so bummed if you miss out on the fun :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Come on only 2 more days!!! I think we had a lot more last year... The more the merrier!! (Well that is if I don;t mess it up!!!:)

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Nay said:
Come on only 2 more days!!! I think we had a lot more last year... The more the merrier!! (Well that is if I don;t mess it up!!!:)

Maybe you should make a separate post about starting up Secret Santa? I saw this post the first day you posted, and I didn't realize that you started collecting names, etc. since then. You should make it more obvious that you are starting! Make it clear what the deadline to sign up is and what the $ limit is. Reading through this post it's kind of unclear. You'll probably get a lot more people (like me)!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
my mother is the most paranoid person on the planet and would probably kill me if I gave our address to "strangers" on the internet

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
CourtneyAndCarl said:
my mother is the most paranoid person on the planet and would probably kill me if I gave our address to "strangers" on the internet

It'll be like the old days, back before webcams were popular/prevalent. If you wanted to see who you were chatting with you'd exchange photos through the mail.

Besides, online anonymity is mostly an illusion. If someone wanted to find your address they probably could in an hour or less. At least this way you get presents.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.