Secret Santa anyone??

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,497
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
It's that time of year, when we do Secret Santa and since Nay hasn't got it started, I thought I would help her out (or just keep doing it, if she doesn't want to).

Any how, we normally have a $20 limit on the gift. You put your name into a drawing and are given a secret member to get a gift for. Gifts are sent out by December 1st (so they will arrive to everybody before Christmas day)t. We will take applications until November 30th.

Anybody wanting to do this please send me a PM with the title saying Secret Santa. I will need your real name and mailing address to pass on to the lucky person who gets you. You can either on here or on your PM tell us a bit about yourself and what sorts of gifts you might like.

For instance I might say: I may love to look at pretty things, but live in a house filled with dogs and cats, so those things are having to be hidden away and not enjoyed. With me your best bet is to remember I live outside during the warm months, so something for my yard/tortoise enclosures is always loved and enjoyed.

So who wants to do a Secret Santa this year?
 

hunterk997

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
897
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
This is a really neat and interactive thing for forum members to do! This is my first time being a member of this forum during the "holiday season" and I'm surprised by all the things you guys do that are this personal, it's great.
 

LisaTurtle

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
314
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
hunterk997 said:
This is a really neat and interactive thing for forum members to do! This is my first time being a member of this forum during the "holiday season" and I'm surprised by all the things you guys do that are this personal, it's great.
My first time here during the holidays too and I totally agree, what a fun thing to do!!
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,497
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Jacqui said:
Gifts are sent out by December 1st (so they will arrive to everybody before Christmas day)t. We will take applications until November 30th.

Duh, guess my mind was still under the nice warm blankets sleeping, when I thought these dates out huh???? Let's change that to try to get the gifts to go out the first week of December.
 

N2TORTS

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
8,803
Now Jacqui....for Santa to visit you ...by chance were you a good girl this year ? ..:rolleyes:
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,497
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
N2TORTS said:
Now Jacqui....for Santa to visit you ...by chance were you a good girl this year ? ..:rolleyes:

You have to be joking, right???? ME and the word good together???? :D :D :D :D I have too much passion and have too much fun to be "good". That's why Santa never brought me the horse I asked for year after year. :( I doubt there will be a baby tortoise this year either. :( :(
 

Zamric

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2011
Messages
3,290
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Jacqui said:
You have to be joking, right???? ME and the word good together???? :D :D :D :D I have too much passion and have too much fun to be "good". That's why Sanata never brought me the horse I asked for year after year. :( I doubt there will be a baby tortoise this year either. :( :(

Good Girls rarely make history huh?:p
 

AZtortMom

Well-Known Member
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
8,652
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Jacqui said:
N2TORTS said:
Now Jacqui....for Santa to visit you ...by chance were you a good girl this year ? ..:rolleyes:

You have to be joking, right???? ME and the word good together???? :D :D :D :D I have too much passion and have too much fun to be "good". That's why Sanata never brought me the horse I asked for year after year. :( I doubt there will be a baby tortoise this year either. :( :(

I highly doubt Santa will bring me the tort I want too [PENSIVE FACE]
 

N2TORTS

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
8,803
Zamric said:
Jacqui said:
You have to be joking, right???? ME and the word good together???? :D :D :D :D I have too much passion and have too much fun to be "good". That's why Sanata never brought me the horse I asked for year after year. :( I doubt there will be a baby tortoise this year either. :( :(

Good Girls rarely make history huh?:p

No Z man they don't .....but the "BAD" girls ..make alot of money! :p
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,497
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
AZtortMom said:
I highly doubt Santa will bring me the tort I want too [PENSIVE FACE]

If Santa could bring you a tortoise, what type would it be?


Zamric said:
Jacqui said:
You have to be joking, right???? ME and the word good together???? :D :D :D :D I have too much passion and have too much fun to be "good". That's why Santa never brought me the horse I asked for year after year. :( I doubt there will be a baby tortoise this year either. :( :(

Good Girls rarely make history huh?:p
 

AZtortMom

Well-Known Member
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
8,652
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Jacqui said:
AZtortMom said:
I highly doubt Santa will bring me the tort I want too [PENSIVE FACE]

If Santa could bring you a tortoise, what type would it be?


Zamric said:
Jacqui said:
You have to be joking, right???? ME and the word good together???? :D :D :D :D I have too much passion and have too much fun to be "good". That's why Santa never brought me the horse I asked for year after year. :( I doubt there will be a baby tortoise this year either. :( :(

Good Girls rarely make history huh?:p



Redfoot :D
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,497
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
FLINTUS said:
Ah, I feel all depressed now. Would've loved to do this lol

Your allowed to join in with us if you want. You could either do it with one of us in the USA (more cost and longer mail time, but otherwise the same) or you could hope we get more from your area... we have in the past).
 

FLINTUS

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
1,402
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
That's the problem, would be really expensive to mail anything. If you could get a group of us lot from the UK interested you could do a sub-section for us lot. Could probably do the same for the Canadians on the forum as well.
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,497
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
FLINTUS said:
That's the problem, would be really expensive to mail anything. If you could get a group of us lot from the UK interested you could do a sub-section for us lot. Could probably do the same for the Canadians on the forum as well.

In the past we have done just an UK group, but if my memory serves we also had a few who sent overseas. I can't recall us ever having interest from Canada, but yes this is not just for the USA.
 
Top