pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
mctlong said:
Anyone else working Presidents day? I like that there's no traffic on the freeways today, but I'd like it even more if I didn't have to drive into work....

I worked. I loved the no traffic. :)
Can you work from home?

CtTortoiseMom said:
I am with you Kerryann, I slacked off on insanity for a couple days but I keep reminding myself how nice it will be to put on my bathing suit and stay in it all day without a worry. We belong to a lake and the kids and i start going in April,weather permitting.

I was upset because I didn't lose any weight over the weekend but I also didn't gain, so that's something. :)

pdrobber said:
I've had the flu for a week. The congestion and cough have been feeling better so I thought I'd try to get out a little.

My friend picked me up and he was going to get some new young tame lovebirds from a breeder about an hour away. After about five minutes I start feeling really warm and started sweating. Fast forward and my head and stomach hurt, my hands and legs are tingling and I feel like I'm going to pass out or puke.

I had him drop me off at my parents place which is between my place and the breeder...lied down and am my dad thinks its something to do with a little dehydration and blood pressure...

That sounds like what I fell like when I get to dehydrated.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
EllieN said:
Unfortunately, though, there is a place in our world for motorcyclists, particularly those who don't wear helmets. Those of us who are middle aged should appreciate this. They are by far our number one source of heart donors.

Damn, am I being a downer or what!!!

Your not a downer at all!! Actually it perked me up having that thought. Thank goodness we aren't having a need for brains like we do hearts, then it wouldn't work. :p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I just made yogurt pretzels. It is yummy but not quite as sweet as store bought. I thought it would be a good healthier snack

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann, now you know to add more sugar next time you make them. Lol.
Peter, I, too have been playing with the flu coupled with a sinuous infection. Ain't it the best fun short of touching the stove top right after it was turned off? I'm 10 days into it. Saturday, thinking I was feeling better, I helped my in laws out for the day. Spent the better part of Sunday and today on the couch drifting in and out of consciousness. That'll teach me. I believe it's a set back.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Man, how many times do I have to tell you, you should have bought and taken zinc. It would have cut your flu in half the time, and reduced any chance of a relapse. You can still take zinc because you may be dealing with this for a month. Sorry about being the bearer of bad news, but I've seen this kind of flu before. Btw, hi everyone. I've been busy with guests.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, I just checked this hippy drink that Karen is making me drink and it contains 5x daily for zinc.
I was in my father-in-laws shop that had 25 years of dust in some areas. I should have stayed home and rested some more.

I've also eaten more veggies in the last week then I probably did all of 2012. Potatoes don't really count as a veggie even if I leave the skin on, right?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Sibi, I just checked this hippy drink that Karen is making me drink and it contains 5x daily for zinc.
I was in my father-in-laws shop that had 25 years of dust in some areas. I should have stayed home and rested some more.

I've also eaten more veggies in the last week then I probably did all of 2012. Potatoes don't really count as a veggie even if I leave the skin on, right?

A sweet potato counts. It is a super food.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've got no desire to try a sweet potato. I like red potatoes though. Did you see my Petco advice post that I issued a disclaimer for? I saw your YouTube video. I don't think I understand it anymore than before I saw it though. We've got a cold front moving in. No snow, just rain and mid 30s. That cold that doesn't dry your face out, just chills you to the bone, and causes moss to grow on your car.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Watch out for that kind of weather. Just breathing the outside air when it's raining can give you more complications. But, I'm glad you're taking the zinc. Actually, it is cheaper just to get the tablets next time. While the drink Karen is making is all good for you right now, you really only needed the zinc and veggies to get better. Hope you recover real soon.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
Watch out for that kind of weather. Just breathing the outside air when it's raining can give you more complications. But, I'm glad you're taking the zinc. Actually, it is cheaper just to get the tablets next time. While the drink Karen is making is all good for you right now, you really only needed the zinc and veggies to get better. Hope you recover real soon.

But I breath that weather anytime I go out for a smoke! If it ain't one thing it's another.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Ken, oh Ken, when are you going to learn that smokes kill. As you grow older, you will develop more and more Uri until it becomes chronic. And even if granny B had great genes, you are not her and you don't have her genes. You may develop copd or worse. I won't lecture you anymore. I know how annoying it can be. You know what you have to do.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Can't read your post yet, read it here's hoping this would turn the page.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Hey guys, Sorry I don't get much time to come on and chat!
How is everyone?

Just about to get ready and head out for a day of horses! Got lots to do including ride 2 and groom all 3!
To top it off it's freezing outside! After a lovely warm weekend. I do not do cold, I might swap lives with Squirt. She gets to sit in a lovely warm room all day under a nice heat lamp soaking up some rays!

Goodmorning,
I just wrote out a post and my laptop wouldn't post it. grrrr...

How are you all today?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I've got no desire to try a sweet potato. I like red potatoes though. Did you see my Petco advice post that I issued a disclaimer for? I saw your YouTube video. I don't think I understand it anymore than before I saw it though. We've got a cold front moving in. No snow, just rain and mid 30s. That cold that doesn't dry your face out, just chills you to the bone, and causes moss to grow on your car.

If you watch the YouTube video's of the Harlem Shake. You will see others similar to mine. It follows a specific pattern and is just supposed to be silly.

I did not see your Peco post but will look for it.

We have had that kind of cold here for the last two days. It's been windy and in the teens. It takes my breathe away right when I step outside.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Gosh, I want that house so bad it hurts!! it's the only one I want. It is so perfect and not even close to the top of our budget. The whole having to get your house ready and sell it is such a pain!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Gosh, I want that house so bad it hurts!! it's the only one I want. It is so perfect and not even close to the top of our budget. The whole having to get your house ready and sell it is such a pain!

Yeah BUT if you really want that house, then you have to do the work on the one you have now. It comes down to just how much do you really want the new house?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Mrs. C. Can you start boxing something's up now that don't get used all that much? In doing so, you can clear out alot and then maybe Rob would agree to you hiring someone to help do the “spring" cleaning. In your case it would be staging house to sell cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.