Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I want pics of the blue kitties.

So far, I have not spilled blue paint on any of the kittens (or yellow), but I did have one climb up the ladder to try to help me. :D

Here are a blue and a blue tiger, hope they will do.

134.jpg

Edna said:
I love my fence:) And I love my neighbors. We all just had a great time trying to get this little girl's flat bike tire fixed. Looks like I'm making a trip to ALCO tomorrow to get a white 18x2.125 tire and tube. Two neighbors came over to offer a hand and tools and supplies, and we still couldn't get the thing fixed.

That's the type of neighborhood to be in.

poison

5 Year Member
i remember when my cat had babies we only had one blue tabby and his name was smoky

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
poison said:
i remember when my cat had babies we only had one blue tabby and his name was smoky

How many kittens did she have?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
So far, I have not spilled blue paint on any of the kittens (or yellow), but I did have one climb up the ladder to try to help me. :D

Here are a blue and a blue tiger, hope they will do.

That's the type of neighborhood to be in.

They are so cute.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I had a bluish one when I was little, like 30 years or so ago, his name was also smokey.

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
Me too. I had one named Smokey and one named Ashley. I also had Jackson, Scooter Leroy, Cleo, Idgie, and Maximus Longfellow:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D We had a Smokey, too. The two pictured are Angel and either Sky or Cloud (can't tell which one it really is). They are brother and sister.

poison

5 Year Member
no sadly we had to get rid of them a few years ago because the house we were moving to didnt allow pets. ill see if i can find a pic of them

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
futureleopardtortoise said:
I can honestly say that I have never owned a cat.

pffft, that's because you can't own a cat.

They own you. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I can honestly say that I have never owned a cat.

You have not lived, til you have been owned by one.

jaizei said:
pffft, that's because you can't own a cat.

They own you. :p

:D so very true!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dogs have their place, but cats also have their own dimension they live in. You could have birds and cats, just have to train it the same way you did so your dogs didn't think the birds were squeaky toys.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Dogs are so easy to train though... you just have to get it through their heads right away that if they touch the bird, you are going to kill them :p I don't think a cat would get it. Besides, I know for a fact at least one of my dogs would rip a cat to shreds if given half the chance.... really hates cats, they are almost as much fun to chase as rabbits for her :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think the whole ..."cats can't be trained..." thing is way off base. If you take the time, you can train a cat. I don't train mine to do tricks (other than to retrieve), but when Molly, my in-the-house cat came to live here as a kitten, I taught her to stay off the kitchen counter and table. She is now about 5 or 6 years old and I can leave food, even an open can of cat food, on the counter and go outside, and she will not jump up there to get it. She also has been trained to leave me alone while I'm eating, and knows that just as soon as I put the plate down she can come over. She knows, "Do you want to go outside?" and will run to the door. She knows, "Do you want to eat?" and runs to the kitchen. Here lately she has learned what, "Do you have a flea?" means, and when I ask that, she'll run into my bathroom and jump up on the vanity so I can take a flea comb to her. She LOVES to be combed and brushed.

If Jacqui lived closer, I'd take in those calico cats in a heart beat!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Before my husband I had two cats. One was old and incontinent so I put him down and the other I gave to a family friend. My husband is deathly allergic to cats even though he loves them. My big old cat cracker was almost like having a third dog. He wrestled with the dogs and would even beat up the dogs and take their food. He was an awesome cat :( RIP buddy. My little cat hershey was was trainable. She learned all kinds of tricks and was about as sweet as any cat I ever owned. In fact when I had to re-home her I had a good long list of people to choose from. She is a six lb tortoise shell that has looked like a kitten her whole life. She is still around but getting old now too.
I think cracker haunts me though. Sometimes when I am downstairs in my house I swear to god I hear him meowing. It's creepy because he never even lived in this house. He was a white cat so it could be pretty easy for him to transition to a white ghost :D:p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
I think the whole ..."cats can't be trained..." thing is way off base. If you take the time, you can train a cat. I don't train mine to do tricks (other than to retrieve), but when Molly, my in-the-house cat came to live here as a kitten, I taught her to stay off the kitchen counter and table. She is now about 5 or 6 years old and I can leave food, even an open can of cat food, on the counter and go outside, and she will not jump up there to get it. She also has been trained to leave me alone while I'm eating, and knows that just as soon as I put the plate down she can come over. She knows, "Do you want to go outside?" and will run to the door. She knows, "Do you want to eat?" and runs to the kitchen. Here lately she has learned what, "Do you have a flea?" means, and when I ask that, she'll run into my bathroom and jump up on the vanity so I can take a flea comb to her. She LOVES to be combed and brushed.

If Jacqui lived closer, I'd take in those calico cats in a heart beat!

I agree with the training of cats. I wish you did live closer, for so many reasons and those three kittens (if we could catch them) would be on the way to your house in a flash. Luci Furr however is not available nor the two I didn't have pictures of who are some of the spoiled house pride.

Besides, I know for a fact at least one of my dogs would rip a cat to shreds if given half the chance.... really hates cats, they are almost as much fun to chase as rabbits for her :p

Hmmm sounds like an untrained dog to me. :rolleyes: I have a couple of cats who would be willing to teach your dogs a few things. :D Our two large dogs (the lab mix and the coonhound) both love their cats, but strange cats can be in danger. Our dogs often give the cats baths and the cats sometimes even return the favor. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It has been rocking and rolling here, 3 minor earthquakes (all under 5) in less than 8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.