Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Pizza Hut is advertising a new french bread pizza that sounds good. Have that for me and let me know how it is.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My knee is better, I still have my brace on. Last Sunday my ex took me out to eat in Lincoln (Outback) and just riding and sitting for that long really caused it to flare up. The ride home I rode in the backseat with leg kinda propped. Other then quick trips of a couple of blocks in town, I have not done any driving. Today is sorta a test to see how it feels after a bit longer drive. And yes, still wearing the nasty, hot, uncomfortable brace thingy. :rolleyes:

Edna, did you ever say where the race was?

Yvonne, not sure our pizza hut has that yet, but will check. :D

So the walls of the hide are cement blocks and then you have a wooden roof your going to shingle, am I understanding correctly?

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
You know that pass between Laramie and Cheyenne? At the summit there's a whole camping/trail area. Back in there is where the Laramie enduro starts. The drive over is only about 90 minutes, but he has to check in this evening so he's staying in Laramie tonight.

I love hanging out with the ex from time to time. Always reminds me why he's the ex:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
I love hanging out with the ex from time to time. Always reminds me why he's the ex:)

:D Me too! Actually both of mine are nice guys, just not the right guys for me. It's rare to find somebody who doesn't think I am weird for spending time around mine.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Back from lunch and shopping at WalMart with my daughter. :D So much fun. OF course sadly I found out Josh won't be down any time this weekend, so no tree cutting. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I always hear men say a woman's place is in the kitchen, I always have to remind them that is where all of the knives are kept.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
I always hear men say a woman's place is in the kitchen, I always have to remind them that is where all of the knives are kept.

:D Not so much any more, but when we had horses it seemed like if it was one of the kids turn to feed, when a hay bale had to be opened, they would take one of the knives with them and then leave them down there. It got to the point, if you needed a knife for something like cooking, you had to go down to the horse area to find one. :rolleyes: :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
poison said:
why not just make a real one?

Well we had a real one once and nobody used it. :( This was originally kinda done to show Josh we needed one again.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
poison said:
haha i don't think hes listening lol.

Well in all honesty, I don't think any of us have pushed for one lately either.

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
So the walls of the hide are cement blocks and then you have a wooden roof your going to shingle, am I understanding correctly?[/QUOTE]

Well, sort of. I Made the bottom out of stained cement blocks on top of a lifted foundation of doubled pavers because of the rain and my fear of flooding. Then, it did not look tall enough so I added a 3-sided frame of 4 x 4s. Then I added 2x6 s to hold the 4x 4 s together. So, the wood addition adds about 5 inches to the top of the bricks. Then I attached a 4' x 2' piece of 3/4 inch plywood as the roof. I really did not intend to shingle it but I had tarpaper and have shingles so, there you have it. The bottom and lower sides will be covered in dirt.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
So did you try the new French bread pizza?
I used to leave one of my favorite pocket knives on the 'next' bale so it would be handy. And I always used to have a pocket knife in my coat pocket. Thinks have changed a lot, but I still have a saddle I need to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.