pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
Good Morning. For some ungodly reason, I am up earlier than usual. Today I am planting more seed in the pen, two more cement mixing tubs full of grass and weeds, one more hibiscus, and completing another hide. Yesterday, I talked to a new neighbor who, along with his wife, owns a new produce stand that is two blocks from my house. They are very nice. The really good news is that he also has a business where he makes wine racks, etc. So, he can help me fix the top lip of part of the enclosure that is at a very odd angle. Cool, cool, cool. I am so close to being done....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
First off, Fords ARE the best vehicles! :D

We ended up getting a scattering of rain, not enough to do more then speckle the ground and raise humidity levels to 95% this morning.

Maybe the produce stand might also have left overs they can no longer sell that might make good tortoise food? Sounds like things are just coming along extremely well for you with your enclosure and the plantings! :) :)

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
Yes, I have already received more than a few freebies. I am very pleased with the enclosure (except the one top corner that I screwed up - geometry was never my thing). Anyway, T's quality of life has drastically improved since I joined the forum and began expanding and improving his enclosure. He also now has grape vines, honey suckle, crepe myrtle .... I love it and he seems more than pleased.

As for Fords, no comment. Wish I could lend folks who need it some rain. We have had entirely too much in my view.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
52 cool degrees here this morning! My fingers actually got a little chilled when I went for my walk (without a jacket because I want to soak in the coolness). It's a perfect day to bake cinnamon rolls for breakfast - the poppin' fresh kind of course.

Fords are fine. I have one parked next to my Chevy at this moment:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
About 60% of my business is with Ford so I drive one all the time. Plus Mr Ford gives me additional incentives to drive his vehicles, so that helps too. :D I am getting ready to buy the new 2013 fusion since it has that awesome aston martin front end. I have honestly been a fordy my whole life. My grandpa died at the Ford Wixom plant (his fault not theirs. He had pancreas cancer and ignored it) and he loved his job. When I was a broadcast producer I did ford dealer commercials. Then I went to work in IT and auditing and did international ford dealer auditing. Now I work for one of the family doing regulatory and compliance auditing and IT management. I honestly don't really know much about other cars. I am becoming familiar with the german imports because where I live everyone drives one.

It rained so hard last night it woke me up. I was so happy. Everything was drenched this morning and looked amazing. I hope it rains all day today and tomorrow. Plus the more it rains the muddier it will be for my race this weekend. I am worried about my timing for the race since I haven't ran in over a week now. :( It's been like 100 degrees outside but I have my costume picked out and I am ready to go get muddy.

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
52 degrees! I would have on a parka!

Crap, I just found a rat in the tortoise pen. Now I will have a whole new set of nightmares.

Attachments

• image-759716815.png
    image-759716815.png
    313 KB · Views: 13

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tillasaurus said:
Crap, I just found a rat in the tortoise pen. Now I will have a whole new set of nightmares.

:( looks like you got another kind of rain, as in "raining on your parade" with your new enclosure your almost ready to unveil to us. :(

One of the neighbors walked by as I was out front cutting up mulberry branches to feed leaves to the tortoises and talked about the rain. Where we only got a light dusting all around us folks got either just under or over 2". :(

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
That's the truth. I am very careful to pick up around and wash down his feeding area every night. The rat is still there - odd behavior. I moved the cactus branch it is hiding behind a bit and it moved an inch or so. Perhaps it is dying.

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
I put my big-girl pants on and moved the rat. It stayed on the end of my shovel (TTL).

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
You go! Did you put it someplace safe, like inside a barrel or something? If it were here I wouldn't want to risk having it rally or something.

Jacqui said:
First off, Fords ARE the best! :D

Some people think Fjords are best, but I'm really a Haflinger person:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
Some people think Fjords are best, but I'm really a Haflinger person:)

:D

Tillasaurus said:
Yep. I don't have a clue what I am going to do with it though.

It's certainly not acting like a normal, healthy wild one. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was never any good at math word problems this is what they always looked like to me.
If you have 4 pencils and I have 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof. Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
I was never any good at math word problems this is what they always looked like to me.
If you have 4 pencils and I have 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof. Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

Hey, ya got the answer correct! :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I hate math which my husband thinks is crazy. He says math is 100% logical.. unlike a woman.. :D

I am worried its gonna tornado here :p I have a strategy to grab the dogs tortoises and run downstairs.. now im just worried about the frogs and fish :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For thowse of you who work M-F, guess what....It's Friday!!! :D

My youngest daughter has the day off and has to come to the courthouse near hear to get her car plates for the year, so I am going to take her out to the Pizza Hut for a buffet lunch. I have been looking forward to this for several days.

What's your day like?

as for the tornado, I assume you got lucky and it never happened?

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
I am sure you will have a wonderful lunch - sounds nice.

I am headed to my parents house to help my mother locate her misplaced diamond ring, meeting a new tenant to get a lease signed, hopefully floating a bit in my parents' pool. I finished T's new concrete block hide yesterday and put roofing paper on. I may have time to shingle it later.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Tomorrow is darling's race day, so in addition to the other tasks I set for myself there are a few things I need to do in my support capacity. Lunch today will be pasta, and I will send a dinner of pasta with him to eat at his hotel. I might be sending his Saturday breakfast along as well.
I kinda messed up my knee yesterday so will have to see how that feels as I work today.

How's your knee doing, Jacqui?? Getting better?

Status
Not open for further replies.