Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
While I was taking the picture I noticed that one of my big leopard girls has a bit of a snotty nose. Why can't things ever just go smoothly?

Because without those things happening our lives would become too routine and dull. We need new challenges to help keep our minds active and our pockets empty of money. :cool:

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Good evening all. WOO this week is going well!

Not my time in the office, but my freelance stuff and the fact I have Friday off.

:D

jkingler

5 Year Member
Looks like an awesomely functional outdoor enclosure you've got there, Yvonne. Might have to do likewise. Either that or cinder blocks. I've decided that I don't trust the bricks I have to stay in place without mortaring them, and I do not want to make something that will be difficult to unmake, haha. (I'll just use them all to raise the bottom some more to ensure I have a very well drained tort palace at a good height. :p)

P.S. We are back from Arizona. We brought the tortoises with us (since I didn't wanna worry about someone else missing something important or forgetting to come check on them), Laura's parents really enjoyed them, they got some nice sun, and they we're pretty good travelers (even though Rory was very restless on the way over!).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Today's date 2 22, expected to reach above 80 today,of course I don't know how long it will last, but the non hibernating tortoises will be going out today for some fresh air and sun shine. Of course I don't mention this to rub it in anybody's face, only for a factual report of the weather conditions today.

In case anyone is interested I picked up some organic black berries at the 99 cents store fpr 99 cents a container, so my RF' and boxies will be getting some today, of course I am growing about 4 plants myself, but they are not producing right now.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Speaking of all your good weather - we've been told to expect tortoise-friendly temperatures this weekend!

I'm sceptical. We were in the cold snap last week with snow everywhere, and now we're supposed to expect summer temperatures for a weekend.

Today's been a day of rain and gale force winds, but it HAS been a little warmer than usual.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good afternoon, I'm excited to be camping in the desert (Ocotillo Wells) with my family. I just cracked open a beer while the kids and husband are riding dirt bikes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Momof4 said:
Good afternoon, I'm excited to be camping in the desert (Ocotillo Wells) with my family. I just cracked open a beer while the kids and husband are riding dirt bikes.

OMG! You're supposed to be roughing it. Why on earth do you have your computer with you?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
emysemys said:
OMG! You're supposed to be roughing it. Why on earth do you have your computer with you?

IPhone! Sorry. I can't get away from TFO or Words With Friends!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
cherylim said:
Speaking of all your good weather - we've been told to expect tortoise-friendly temperatures this weekend!

I'm sceptical. We were in the cold snap last week with snow everywhere, and now we're supposed to expect summer temperatures for a weekend.

Today's been a day of rain and gale force winds, but it HAS been a little warmer than usual.

Here is hoping that Emrys gets a little walk even if on soggy ground.
Speaking of Emrys, Cheryl, do you watch Merlin?

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
lynnedit said:
cherylim said:

Here is hoping that Emrys gets a little walk even if on soggy ground.
Speaking of Emrys, Cheryl, do you watch Merlin?

I do. :)

It's one of my favourite shows. I've always had an interest in Arthurian legend and loved the Welsh Celtic names associated with it, but it was Merlin that actually helped me decide on Emrys' name. There are so many others I love. If I actually wanted more than one tortoise I'd have to get a Cavall, a Galahad,a Lancelot, a Gawain, a Mordred, an Albie (Albion), an Arthur (of course). The list goes on - there are so many others, I think it's such a beautiful language. Ian wouldn't let me name our children Celtic names so Emrys had to step up to the plate.

Emrys got picked first because it became better known through Merlin, and because it means 'ever-living' or 'immortal', which is hopefully appropriate for a pet I want as a lifetime companion. All through the last series I found it a bit weird hearing his name so much on a Saturday night - should have thought that one through.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi everyone! How are you? It has been unusually warm here in CT so I am going to start seeding the outdoor enclosures in the next week or so, yay!!

Sid and Chewy have grown so much this winter but Leia is pretty much her same size.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Hi everyone! How are you? It has been unusually warm here in CT so I am going to start seeding the outdoor enclosures in the next week or so, yay!!

Sid and Chewy have grown so much this winter but Leia is pretty much her same size.

Who are you again????? :p :D How's bigfoot.... I mean Dagny?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
cherylim said:
All through the last series I found it a bit weird hearing his name so much on a Saturday night - should have thought that one through.

Lol. :D:D:D (I, too, love stories associated with the Arthurian legend).

CtTortoiseMom said:

Hi Erin! Long time no see (your words, that is). I did some seeding in the Fall, and keep inspecting the ground for sprouts. Probably a bit soon.

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
believe it or not my parent aren't the hugest fans (oh don't get me wrong my dad particularly likes myths and legends but knows more Greek than Celtic)
oh btw Merlin in my real name...
never watched the TV show Merlin though...maybe I should as everyone says its really good!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Wow. Do you think you are even the tiniest bit magic?

You should watch the show, but from the beginning, of course.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Erin...where the heck have you been? We haven't heard from either you or Rob in a heck of a long time.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I met a couple yesterday that saw a hatchling CDT in Joshua Tree, Ca. Well that's what they thought it was. How lucky is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.