Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
tyler0912 said:
I do... a nice frill skirt with a flowery button turtle neck.......some clogs and a straw hat!
I look beuatiful if i say soo myself!

:rolleyes:

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
:Shy:

stephiiberrybean said:
Just smart casual.
I wore Skinny jeans, black sleeved top and a nice body warmer. Then some heeled boots :)

You has style....would be better with a straw hat or clogs like me!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Hello all! Been a bit quiet tonight - I've been watching 'It's a Wonderful Life' for the first time. Long film! Just about to finish.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
What is ''It's a wonderful life'' any good?

Steph got me listening to Xmas songs to early ( The pogues ) !

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cher what made you decide to watch that movie? Have you liked it? Did you cry? Would you ever watch it again?

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
All done. That wins the award for my new favourite seasonal movie, I think.

I've obviously known the story for years, but have meant to watch the film for a long time and never got around to it.

Ian and I were talking about it the other day, and I found out it was on TV tonight so we finally watched it.

I love films that get me thinking. :)

Jacqui said:
Cher what made you decide to watch that movie? Have you liked it? Did you cry? Would you ever watch it again?

See above for most of those answers, Jacqui!

Almost cried at the end - it takes A LOT to make me cry but that one got close. I would watch it again, though, and that's rare for me as well!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It's a wonderful life, while now it is considered a christmas classic, bankrupted the studio that made it, and was considered to dark for a christmas movie.

I am listening to christmas music on KOST 103.5 on the Iheart radio app, and baking persimmon cookies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
'It's a wonderful life' is an amazing film, doesn't matter how often I watch it I ALWAYS cry...

I've just been reading thru the last few posts...(LMAO @ Tyler and her clogs!!!) but how many Northerners? (UK) I'm from Preston Originally (Lostock Hall) one of you is Leyland and one of you is Blackburn! How bizarre! I live in Corfu now, so it's 10 to 1 in the morning here, and I really should go to bed so I can be up chatting, sorry doing housework tomorrow!!

Helen x

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Well first of all tyler is a boy, and I believe we have quite a few UK members.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Helen believe it or not im a 'him' ;)
Cheryl is leyland,
Im' blackburn,
Both very close to preston!
The uk people are starting to find this forum now! :D

dmmj said:
Well first of all tyler is a boy, and I believe we have quite a few UK members.

Thanks for stating that! ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tyler0912 said:
I do... a nice frill skirt with a flowery button turtle neck.......some clogs and a straw hat!
I look beuatiful if i say soo myself!

I understand why you might be confused, when he makes comments like this one. :cool: :D

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I just watched It's A Wonderful Life for the first time last night! and im back in the computer lab. been here an hour and nothing done yet eek! it's due tomorrow, I need to do this!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Peter (said in my most stern motherly voice) get out of TFO and stay out, until you have your work done! Priorities!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! I FINALLY stayed outside and got some work done. There were miles and miles of leaves from the big wind storm. I gathered them all up and put them into the "rain forest" and I hope there are still some there in the spring when the tortoises want to build a nest. I cut of a couple of head banging mulberry branches and I stacked some firewood!!

I feel like I've finally had a productive day.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Whew! I FINALLY stayed outside and got some work done. There were miles and miles of leaves from the big wind storm. I gathered them all up and put them into the "rain forest" and I hope there are still some there in the spring when the tortoises want to build a nest. I cut of a couple of head banging mulberry branches and I stacked some firewood!!

Yes, but we missed you. :(

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
dmmj said:
It's a wonderful life, while now it is considered a christmas classic, bankrupted the studio that made it, and was considered to dark for a christmas movie.

I am listening to christmas music on KOST 103.5 on the Iheart radio app, and baking persimmon cookies.

Interesting information about 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I could watch that every year. That and 'A Miracle on 34th St', especially Natalie Wood pretending she is a monkey.
You could give the persimmon cookies to someone...

emysemys said:

But very satisfying, and after physical labor, you feel tired in a good way (OK, achy too...:D)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Sadly I am sitting on the couch on TFO exhausted when I should be cleaning getting the decorations out. Ugh, I am going! See you great people later:)

What kind of decorations?
My snow village, here are 2 pics of the completed project…
347y145.jpg

20s7g2r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.