LEAVING THE CLOSET!!!!!1!

taza

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Hi Abdulla, It takes great courage to come out, good for you! I know how frightening it is even in this day and age. I came out in the early eighties when it was a dangerous thing to do even here in Canada. I lost a lot of friends but gained many more, we fought very hard for this new generation of family we call ourselves, I hope very much for you happiness. And welcome to the family!
I still am very secrective at times and don't tell people much about my life, but I think that is because for many years we had to, I see a lot of young people while driving my bus, being very open and no one gives them a second look anymore, it makes me smile and happy for them, and makes the horrible times and battles we fought in the eighties and decades since all worth it.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hi Abdulla, It takes great courage to come out, good for you! I know how frightening it is even in this day and age. I came out in the early eighties when it was a dangerous thing to do even here in Canada. I lost a lot of friends but gained many more, we fought very hard for this new generation of family we call ourselves, I hope very much for you happiness. And welcome to the family!
I still am very secrective at times and don't tell people much about my life, but I think that is because for many years we had to, I see a lot of young people while driving my bus, being very open and no one gives them a second look anymore, it makes me smile and happy for them, and makes the horrible times and battles we fought in the eighties and decades since all worth it.
Thank you so much and bless you.,. You're part of the reason I'd be safe in some parts of the world. :<3:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
But don't look at the world through rose colored glasses, Ab. Here in the states there are factions that give the gay community a very hard time. It's not all goodness and light here. Maybe not as bad as your country, but not all good either.
Good evening. That is so very true. I'm sorry to say that very many many Arabs think that the West is 'heaven on earth,' especially U.S.A, due to the oppression they go through in their homeland starting at HOME. Not that I can blame them: I know what the Arab World is for these young ladies and men. But however bad the U.S.A. may be for someone who has an issue like Abdulla's, I don't think it can be as bad as ANY Arab country, I can assure you.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Glad to hear it! I have a friend from Saudi who is engaged to a white American and his family was ok with it but his fiancé's family tell them all the time it won't work because he is Muslim and she non religious (but raised Christian). When I mentioned to some family members I had a Muslim friend they were very shocked and derogatory. They also disliked us having Mormon friends. Thing is, I don't judge people on race, religion, sexuality, etc. I go by how people treat myself and others (and animals) over anything else. Plus liking tortoises is a bonus. :)

I'm glad you can be you, because in the end it's your life and you deserve happiness!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Glad to hear it! I have a friend from Saudi who is engaged to a white American and his family was ok with it but his fiancé's family tell them all the time it won't work because he is Muslim and she non religious (but raised Christian). When I mentioned to some family members I had a Muslim friend they were very shocked and derogatory. They also disliked us having Mormon friends. Thing is, I don't judge people on race, religion, sexuality, etc. I go by how people treat myself and others (and animals) over anything else. Plus liking tortoises is a bonus. :)

I'm glad you can be you, because in the end it's your life and you deserve happiness!
Hi. With all my respect to different nationalities, religions, races, I don't believe that two people can get along that well when they come from different countries, have different religions, different cultures, different mentalities and the rest. Wars would begin once they have children; and the religion that the children are to have. But of course there are exceptions o each and every rule, and in some cases thing could go smoothly.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Abdullah, I'm happy for you.
Everyone should be able to pursue the life that makes them happy.
It would be very sad to pretend to be happy for so long that you die of old age...Never happy in life.
Some people are gay. Some are straight. That has no bearing on the type of person that you are and shouldn't mean anything to a friend.
I imagine that it is very rough in that part of the world. Just think of how many others you could inspire.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hi. With all my respect to different nationalities, religions, races, I don't believe that two people can get along that well when they come from different countries, have different religions, different cultures, different mentalities and the rest. Wars would begin once they have children; and the religion that the children are to have. But of course there are exceptions o each and every rule, and in some cases thing could go smoothly.
Where is your faith in LOVE, Gillian. It is all conquering.:)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Abdullah, I'm happy for you.
Everyone should be able to pursue the life that makes them happy.
It would be very sad to pretend to be happy for so long that you die of old age...Never happy in life.
Some people are gay. Some are straight. That has no bearing on the type of person that you are and shouldn't mean anything to a friend.
I imagine that it is very rough in that part of the world. Just think of how many others you could inspire.
Oh yes. It definitely is very rough is this part of the world; and still not accepted to be gay.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Even here in America in parts of the deep south, some people think that people can be converted if they want to change. (From being gay)
I don't understand the fear or the hatred.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Even here in America in parts of the deep south, some people think that people can be converted if they want to change. (From being gay)
I don't understand the fear or the hatred.
In the West (Europe and USA) there could be that 'hatred' for those who are gay. But there, they can be gay 'openly' unlike this part of the world, where they wouldn't dare tell anyone.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
In the West (Europe and USA) there could be that 'hatred' for those who are gay. But there, they can be gay 'openly' unlike this part of the world, where they wouldn't dare tell anyone.
I agree. I'm in Ohio which is not the deep south but country. I can't imagine in my little town somebody being killed because they were gay. They might get funny looks. Some kids might harass them. But its getting more common now to see. The novelties wearing off.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I agree. I'm in Ohio which is not the deep south but country. I can't imagine in my little town somebody being killed because they were gay. They might get funny looks. Some kids might harass them. But its getting more common now to see. The novelties wearing off.
Oh, being harassed/annoyed/irritated is nothing here, for being gay.There is a severe legal punishment for it!