LEAVING THE CLOSET!!!!!1!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi Abulla, and hope you're now feeling MUCH BETTER. Glad you got it off your chest as Kathy put it. It must have been pretty difficult; but you did manage...well done!

At this point, please allow me to say....

GOOD LUCK! where-ever you decide to move to. The U.S.A? I think such a place would be suitable: nobody cares who you are and what you are. And again, please stay in touch with us when you move. Ok?

Attachments

• goodluck-big-new.gif
    goodluck-big-new.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 7

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Abdulla, I have to apologize. Last year my nephew, who was like a son to me, passed away. He was gay and at one point you had talked about how being gay was so wrong. I remember getting upset with you. I apologize, and I'm so glad you feel comfortable enough with us here on the forum that you felt you could be yourself here. We love you no matter what.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Abdulla, I have to apologize. Last year my nephew, who was like a son to me, passed away. He was gay and at one point you had talked about how being gay was so wrong. I remember getting upset with you. I apologize, and I'm so glad you feel comfortable enough with us here on the forum that you felt you could be yourself here. We love you no matter what.
Thanks a lot... I'm supposed to apologize too... Homophobia is institutionalized here.... I should've never said anything hateful towards anyone.... Sorry....

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Thanks a lot... I'm supposed to apologize too... Homophobia is institutionalized here.... I should've never said anything hateful towards anyone.... Sorry....
It's ok. I get it. My brother is gay as well, and at one point before he came out he actually married a woman. It only lasted a year. My nephew, in some self defensive way I think, went from being someone who was raised with faith to someone who claimed to be an atheist. And why not? Not only was he gay, but in the last couple years was suicidal. The church in his mind was not very accepting of a suicidal gay man. Inside we all try to find a way to protect ourselves.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Very sorry to hear about your nephew. This is life, I'm afraid.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I bet it feels good to get it off your chest! Just be yourself! You will love it here in the good old USA!
Do your parents or family know?
No one in my family knows... They don't deserve to know.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
No one in my family knows... They don't deserve to know.
Good evening. Listen to me and do NOT trust anyone back there. You and I know the mentality of Arabs. Just imagine your telling your PARENTS/FAMILY!

Sorry for what came above. Abdulla, hope my words are not hurtful.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Good evening. Listen to me and do NOT trust anyone back there. You and I know the mentality of Arabs. Just imagine your telling your PARENTS/FAMILY!

Sorry for what came above. Abdulla, hope my words are not hurtful.
Fanatical ideals are just stuck in their heads.... I don't want to tell anyone stupid anything, since bandaids can't fix bullet holes....

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Fanatical ideals are just stuck in their heads.... I don't want to tell anyone stupid anything, since bandaids can't fix bullet holes....
True. For this reason I have NOT been able to make many friends here, and worse still, those who are my friends.....I cannot really TRUST. Imagine that.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I just feel sorry for everyone that's still persecuted in the region.... We need a sexual revolution in the Middle East!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Gillian, I think he knows exactly what you mean, and knows you mean it from the heart.
Fair enough, but I always prefer to make sure that I do NOT HURT the person I'm talking to. You cannot imagine how sensitive I am.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
We can't always get what we need... I just feel sorry for the people, who might be just like me....
Good morning. Hope you're well.

I know what you mean, but unfortunately there is not much we can do. My words may sound a little pessimistic, I know. But I for one, am realistic: I am NOT A DREAMER.