Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Chris:

I don't pretend to know the reasons why your family has turned their backs on you, but sometimes a family member's way of dealing with something painful is to ignore it, hoping it will go away.

Try to keep a good attitude. I know its hard on everyone around you.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
I don't know your whole situation. Haven't been a member too long. However I have kept up on some. I am so sorry for everything you have to go through. Please know that a lot of us do care, even though we are not as familiar with you, or you us, as some others are. I am sorry you feel alone, but we are here, always. You hang in, never give up, your never alone. Hope your mother keeps improving also.

Thanks so much, you have really made an effort to be a part of the stuuf I am going through. New or not, I value your opinions and your words of encouragement! Thank you!!! :) And I will try..

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Chris, so sorry to hear about your family, but glad you have the ever cute Cooper and your wife to sustain you.
Thinking about you!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
lynnedit said:
Chris, so sorry to hear about your family, but glad you have the ever cute Cooper and your wife to sustain you.
Thinking about you!

Thanks so much for your kind words Yvonne & Lynn!! :):)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well I was told the size of my tumors today. The 1 in my low back is 11mm and the 1 on my right knee is 12mm. So now they want another MRI of the middle part of my back because my L3 and L4 have degenerative disc disease in them and he either thinks its the same in the upper part, or it could be caused from the Lupus. Who the hell knows? All I know is I am so over all this crap. Who wants to take target practice at me with a gun?
As far as my mom, she had her radio active iodine therapy and so far she is doing ok. But they found a lump in her breast that has to be checked out now. If it ain't 1 thing its another..... But hopefully the thyroid cancer hasn't spread to that part of her body.
Have a good weekend my forum friends!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hang in there. I can't say I know what you are going through. However I do know its tuff, and it sure sucks. But you and your mother have a lot of people on here pulling for you both. Take one day at a time. I wish you and your mother a very good day and always a better tomorrow:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
Hang in there. I can't say I know what you are going through. However I do know its tuff, and it sure sucks. But you and your mother have a lot of people on here pulling for you both. Take one day at a time. I wish you and your mother a very good day and always a better tomorrow:D

Thanks so much, that does mean a lot to me!! :):)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
HI! No target practice please :D. I am glad to hear some of your Mothers fight is going well...I hope her battle continues to turn out well too.

I have to say that I admire your strength Chris...I know you are rolling with every punch ...but all I know is that this battle of yours takes a couragious brave person to continue to forge on so strongly....if you need someone to lean on to help with the load or just to be there...just shout out and there will always be someone here....:D

You my friend, are a true jewel and a true fighter...and I wish and hope you the best possible always....so as someone else here has already shared....your lovely wife, Cooper and all of your friends here love ya and are here for you any time you need or want to vent....ANY TIME my friend :p Any time....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Everyone has said it all Chris, and you know how I feel......All we can do in this world is hang on....hugs.......

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thank you once again Angela and Terry. You know your kind words always help cheer me up. I am sorry to all who follow my thread for all of the negative and depressing words I post. A lot of the time it is just to overwhelming. But I am try'n. Thank you all so much!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm so sorry to hear about your news. Please be strong for your family and yourself. Do you go to any support groups? I know when my mom had breast cancer she really looked forward to talking with people in her boat. Let's just say my mom wasn't the most social women but it did cheer her up. oxoxoxo

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Momof4 said:
I'm so sorry to hear about your news. Please be strong for your family and yourself. Do you go to any support groups? I know when my mom had breast cancer she really looked forward to talking with people in her boat. Let's just say my mom wasn't the most social women but it did cheer her up. oxoxoxo

Thanks so much. Yeah I am not a social person at all. I don't go to any support groups. But I can tell u that there are a lot of people on here that really help me out! I would say this forum is my support group :)! I just can't go to a group thing cause it makes me to nervous. This is the best forum I have ever been apart of, some of the best people ever!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Chris! You are such a trooper. Don't ever hesitate to keep us updated on what is going on. Sometimes it will be difficult, but that's the way it is.
Thinking about you!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Chris I don't think you need to be sorry for any posts....negative, sad or anything...not even close....:D

Sometimes the support groups feel weird...if you are someone who gains comfort in that setting then they are great....if the group setting does not offer you comfort then you are the one who makes that decision....you know? But alot of folks Chris get nervous while doing something out of their normal ....just saying :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
cemmons12 said:
Thank you once again Angela and Terry. You know your kind words always help cheer me up. I am sorry to all who follow my thread for all of the negative and depressing words I post. A lot of the time it is just to overwhelming. But I am try'n. Thank you all so much!
Venting helps out, I think keeping it all bottled up inside is bad.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
dmmj said:
cemmons12 said:
Venting helps out, I think keeping it all bottled up inside is bad.
Thanks, I agree with that. I think once I come to terms with both of my diseases I won't need to vent as much, and maybe they will find the right med combo that will help too I hope.
Have a great day!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well life is not getting better. I'm on the way to the nurse'n home to tell my grand pa goodbye. They don't expect him to make it tonight. Just hope I get there in time.... My dad died when I was just 3 so he was all I ever had. And after my 1st divorce I lived with him for almost 5 years. We had a great time together! And, of course, my health just keeps get'n worse by the day. I think I have damn'd all that I am close to. God I don't understand this life..... I hope everybody else is having a good day.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Well, it sounds like your grandpa was a wonderful person to have in your life. I bet he does not regret the time he had with you.
And that's what it is all about. Thinking of you!