just need to vent.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
As if my life can't get any worse, my mom emailed me today to let me know she has thyroid cancer and they think it is aggressive. I had my bone and spect scan 2 fridays ago and I find out the results of that on the 10th. I have 2 tumors, 1 on my right knee and 1 very low in my back, almost to my butt. Last time the scan was showing that the chance of bone cancer was around 25%, but with the increase in size of my back tumor and the major increase in pain, plus the fact I am 5 foot 11 and have went from 170 pounds to 136 as of Tuesday, they think that it is bone cancer now, or I have cancer somewhere else. I found out a year and a half ago that I do have Lupus. But they don't think that has anything to do with my major weight loss. Now I could also b*tch about the $14000 we owe the IRS, or about the fact we are putting our house up for sale and moving in with the mother in-law for awhile, but what's the point. All the damn millionaires and stuff have no idea how easy they have it money wise. Its going to take me years to pay it off and next year I will have to add to that $14000 because of our retirement we had to drain and the unemployment I was on for awhile during my layoff when Japan had that earthquake. I make parts for Honda but we make like 5 or 6 dollars an hour less then the good folks at Honda. Yes, I may be whining and crying but I guess you could have stoped reading by now if you were sick and tired of it. And I don't really vent to anyone but you good people and Cooper. So have a great day, I'm done venting.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Chris...I'd hate to be you right now. Sounds like your family is going through some tough times. Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Hope things start to calm down for you all. My father was diagnosed with bone cancer and cancer throughout his whole body for that matter over a year ago, and the best thing you can do is stay positive about the good things that do come your way. Cherish the moments you have today and worry about tomorrow when it comes.

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
I don't think you're whining or crying. I think you're venting, just like the title of your thread. I have no meaningless platitudes to offer you, and nothing really helpful either, probably. I just wanted you to know that I'm here, I took the time to read this twice, and God willing things will improve. Until that time comes, try to keep an upbeat outlook and know that we are here, and willing to listen.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks Ty, and just having you all to talk to and help me with my babies does help Yvonne, so thank you too!! :) I can tell you that get'n Cooper has done more to help my mental state and with some of my pain then any of the strong pain meds they have me on and the Lupus meds I'm on too. Its pretty amazing.
Sorry, I'm slow responding so I thank everybody that has took the time to read and respond to this! :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well for the first time in my life, words fail me.

B

byerssusan

I am so so sorry this is happening to you and your family. And no your not whining. You have a right to be mad, upset, I would think every emotion possible at this time. I would love to be able to make things like this go away for people..I will keep you and yours in my prayers..

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
So sorry things are so tough right now.
Hope things improve as much as they can.
Hugs to you!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Please feel free to vent all you want and do not feel guilty or ashamed of doing so. This forum is not just about tortoises, it's also here for the folks who care for and about them. We are like a family you get to choose, but will never meet in real life, so it is so much easier at times to bare your soul to us. For some of us, the only help we feel we can be to you, is to be here to read your words and let you know your not ever alone and that we hurt for you. *hugs*

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Chris vent away. Sometimes you just gotta get it out. I will be praying for you. I also just noticed you live in Greenfield IN, I am moving there or around there.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
We all need to Vent sometimes. I hope everything works out for you.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Be strong Chris! Life will get better! We are here to listen to all the venting you need to do!

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
I am very sorry. Go ahead, vent all you want, I've (and others) have found it helpful to pour it out here to.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Go ahead & vent, Chris! You freakin' deserve to! Be strong, and know that you can count on us if you need someone to lean on!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I'm really at a loss for words for all of the support! I thank you all very much!!![/align]

Missy said:
Chris vent away. Sometimes you just gotta get it out. I will be praying for you. I also just noticed you live in Greenfield IN, I am moving there or around there.
Thank you!
Really? Why would u want to move here? Lol! I so miss my home state of Florida :(
Let me know when u get over this way if ya want. Would be nice to know some members in person also.