"A" Is For Alibi. . .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Is anyone reading Sue Grafton's alphabet series? I just learned today that she died of cancer. The last book she wrote in the series was "Y" is For Yesterday. It's sad that she died, but too bad she died before getting to write the "Z" book. It would have been a fitting end to her life. The article I read said she didn't want anyone finishing the series for her. Her death really bums me out. I hate cancer!

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Is anyone reading Sue Grafton's alphabet series? I just learned today that she died of cancer. The last book she wrote in the series was "Y" is For Yesterday. It's sad that she died, but too bad she died before getting to write the "Z" book. It would have been a fitting end to her life. The article I read said she didn't want anyone finishing the series for her. Her death really bums me out. I hate cancer!
Yvonne: I've enjoyed each of Sue Grafton's alphabet series as they came out over the last 24 years or so. The protagonist is a simple, nearly ageless, mid-thirties female private investagator. What more could one ask for for a simple, fun read? Ms. Humphries, ie Sue Grafton, lived in Santa Clarita, in the hills just north of LA. I grew up in La Crescenta, not far away. Anyway, too much prattle from me, a simple turtle lover.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Yvonne: I've enjoyed each of Sue Grafton's alphabet series as they came out over the last 24 years or so. The protagonist is a simple, nearly ageless, mid-thirties female private investagator. What more could one ask for for a simple, fun read? Ms. Humphries, ie Sue Grafton, lived in Santa Clarita, in the hills just north of LA. I grew up in La Crescenta, not far away. Anyway, too much prattle from me, a simple turtle lover.
By the way, I hate cancer too . . . I'm a twice revovered survivor or two types of that evil disease. What didn't kill me made me stronger!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! I didn't realize she started the series 24 years ago. I have them all except for the Y book. One good thing about old age forgetfulness, I can go back to the beginning and re-read them and it's just like reading a brand new book!