just need to vent.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Isa said:
I am very sorry Chris, are they planning to do a bone biopsy very soon? I am glad you are in good hands. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way

I hope so. I really don't understand why they are doing the MRI'S this time, the bone scans were to be the decide'n factor last time and now this time they did the scans backwards. Doctors are very confusing sometimes! Thanks a lot for your thoughts and prayers!! Have a great day!!! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well the update om my mom is as follows. She has full blown thyroid cancer. They have to do an xray on her lungs to see if its spread, then a ct-scan on her lymphnodes to see if its spread there. If no spreading then they will set her surgery on the 10th to take out the thyroid. And after that she will have radio iodine treatment to kill the cancer. If it has spread then I don't know what the answer is yet.. sigh.. My MRI'S for the tumors in my back and leg was today but I didn't hear nothing before I left. The thing they are thinking may be my major problem is: primary bone cancer, which is what they thought a year or so ago. So if I don't hear anything before the 2nd of december I will find out that day cause I have an appointment with the lupus doctor then leave right from there and go to the doctor that did the scans on me today.bwwhen it rains it pours!
Hope u all have a great night, and whatever u do, mend fences with familys members before its to late. As I know I need to do that as well before its too late. Take care all!!! :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Oh, how hard for you both! We are thinking of you, keep us posted as soon as you get any information!
PS. I do think there are different kinds of MRI's, some use contrast to get more information. Maybe that will help them do a biopsy if needed. Can't believe what you are going through!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
lynnedit said:
Oh, how hard for you both! We are thinking of you, keep us posted as soon as you get any information!
PS. I do think there are different kinds of MRI's, some use contrast to get more information. Maybe that will help them do a biopsy if needed. Can't believe what you are going through!

Thanks sooo much Lynne! And u r right, they did both on me today, 1 with and 1 without contrast material. Take care of yourself!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tonight was a bad night for me, and as I sat here crying and counting each breath, I started reading some posts and I came across this very sad thread, and I kept thinking why are these bad things happening to good people. I have no answers for you, but just know that every night from now on I will be praying for you and hoping that your health improves. Please keep us updated and always know that there are many people on here that really care and are interested in how you are doing.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thank you Angela and Terry!! Your kind words do help!! I will keep you all posted. Have a great day!!! :) and Terry, I don't know why you were upset, but I hope everything turns out good for you!! Sending hugs your way!!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Angrycowgoesmoo said:
14,000!!! I could barely afford 100!! I'd be a wreck if I was in that position

Yeah, I dont know what the hell we're gonna do... Make payments till I am in my grave I guess.... Dear Oprah: Please send me $50,000! LOL!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Chris, I just saw this thread and feel so sad right now. You poor soul to have to see your mom having so much trouble and for you to have as much to deal with at the same time. They say we are only dealt with what we can handle, so I must say you have to be some special person. Your only recourse is to hold your chin up and stay as positive as you can. I know I would be having some difficulty with that, but I have seen some pretty remarkable things happen.
I will be thinking of you and your mom often, these days we get so caught up with so many trivial stupid things to get upset over, then I read a post such as yours.Makes you really think...
The money,you make a payment a month of 5 dollars and nothing can happen. You will have to worry about losing things eventually, but at the present time that's all you have to do. Try not to focus on that, it will draw on some strength you need for your health.
Things always manage to resolve and all of us will be thinking of your plight.
Stay Strong, Nay

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well here is an update on my tumors. The doctor don't know for sure... Isn't that just great?? I have to get all my old scans so he can compare them. It is now 10 cm but I am pretty sure when it was first found it was about 2 or 3. So that means?? Oh well I don't know anymore then I did before I went pretty much. My Lupus doctor did tell me today that he wants me back on the prednisone and he may change my plaqunile to something stronger also but he wanted to find out about my scans from the other doc before he makes changes. I hope the med changes helps with the Lupus! As far as my mom she has her surgery next Wednesday. They will take her thyroid and a lymph node out too is what she told me. So I hope after that she will be cancer free. Thanks everyone for all your support, it really does mean a lot to me! Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess all you can do is hang in there, and know that we're all rooting for you.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Chris I am sorry that you could not get the exact answers you wanted today about your tumors. I am still praying for a miracle and the tumors to just be gone.....I have hope :D

I hope all goes smoothly for your Mom as well...I really do. Go find Cooper and take him for a lap around the track....feed his belly and your soul my friend....:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well the news isn't bad, just not wonderful. It does sound like a possible positive outcome soon for your Mom. Yours is just on a holding pattern until the Drs talk to each other. Keep the faith, remember it's the time of year when miracles happen more often. ;) *hugs*

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yvonne, Angela, Jacqui: Thank you all so much for the kind words! My "Forum Angels"!
:p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well, for those of you that are following my thread, my mom had her surgery today and they ended up taking out 2 lymph nodes and the thyroid. They said we will know the results of the lab tests on the nodes next week sometime. She was in a lot of pain but at least it is done and over with. If the nodes are cancerous too they will do some kind of radioactive iodine treatment on her to kill the cancer. As far as my problems I will know more once they compare all the scans from the old ones to the new one. Well I hope you all have a great night and I wish you all good health! :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Stay strong Chris. I don't know why some of us always have more to carry than others, but know that you are not alone. You have touched my heart, and I won't stop praying for you and your Mom. With all these prayers and good wishes coming your way I know thinkgs will get better....it may take some time, but have faith.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
terryo said:
Stay strong Chris. I don't know why some of us always have more to carry than others, but know that you are not alone. You have touched my heart, and I won't stop praying for you and your Mom. With all these prayers and good wishes coming your way I know thinkgs will get better....it may take some time, but have faith.

Thanks so much Terry, you are real sweet!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just hope things get better and some good news comes your way.