just need to vent.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Well just an update. My mom seems to be holding her own good since the removal of her cancer altho she has to have treatment to kill the remaining cancer cells so hope that works. As for my health I have had a set back since Wednesday. Have had a lupus spell since that day. It feels like I'm on my last leg, but as my friend says, "no the now", his way of saying I'm not going yet. Lucky I guess I have 2 doc appointments, 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Friday. Hope to find out something then but I have to try to get back to work Monday as most that have read my thread now my situation. Well that's all for now, just figured Id post something for those that may wonder from time to time. And no, I don't pretend to think I am special and should/need to air my troubles, but I know I have a few friends that care and this is the easiest way for me to let them know. Plus, this is my "just need to vent" thread. :)
Have a good night my forum friends! :D
And sorry if I sound like an ***.... :( I just don't feel very good...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You don't sound like an ***. I wish you and your mother the very best. If anyone doesn't like you venting your problems here, well then they don't need to read them. I am sure most of us don't mind at all. Sometimes its easier to do here than with someone you have to face. So lean on when ever and about what ever. Take care, good luck with your appointments and most of us are here thinking about you:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I will keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Good luck at your appts.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I don't pretend to think I am special

Well my friend, I think you are pretty special...so no need to pretend is correct :D:D:D:D:D So get well soon, ya hear !!!!!

I hope you Mother pulls through all treatments quickly and in strong health....I hate cancer....it is a wicked beast....

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Barb & Kathy, thanks so much for your kind words, it means a lot to me!! And Angela, you are a very special person to me, and all that we talk about really does help my mental state, you are a true friend, and you had better know this (by now)! :p Thanks to you all! :):)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
My thoughts and prayers are with you

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
We are all special ...remember that. There was a time in my life that I had to be very strong, and I think we all experience that time every now and then. This is your time, and we are all here for you. If you ever need to "vent", just pm me I'll always be there for you, and try to help in any way I can. My prayers are with you and your Mom.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks so much Pam and Terry! I may pm you sometime Terry, I have only ever pm'd 1 other to vent and such, and that is to my very good friend Angela, she is a very good person! Thanks a lot! :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I lost several family members to cancer, and all relatively young. All I can say is keep a positive attitude, I learned when I was younger and in the hospitals, a good joke brought many smiles to my friends who shared the kids wards with me.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
Chris
So sorry to hear about you and your mothers problems, Hope that everything
starts turning around for both of you.
You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
steve

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
dmmj said:
I lost several family members to cancer, and all relatively young. All I can say is keep a positive attitude, I learned when I was younger and in the hospitals, a good joke brought many smiles to my friends who shared the kids wards with me.
I know where u r coming from, I only have 1 gpa and my mom left. Everyone else close is gone... thanks for your kind words!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Hey, you vent any time you want, having a chronic disease like yours is very tough. You are always helpful on many threads.
I am glad that your mother has made it through the first step.
Let us know how it goes at the doctors' offices.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thank you Lynn and Steve. My faith, well let's just say I don't know where it lies right now, but maybe yours and the rest of my forum friends on here may help guide me thru the dark path I have been on for the last 10 years or so... I look for a light, but none has been lite for me yet. I'm unsure of that meaning yet. But thank u much for your kind words, and to all I may or may not have personally thanked, I wish not to leave nobody out that have come fourth in their good wishes for me and my family. Thank you all! :) :D
Chris Emmons and family
Greenfield, Indiana

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
As the darkness takes hold of me, I feel some comfort from the friends I have made here, as all of my "true" friends that I use to spend time with, include'n my son and daughter, have turned there back on me. Life hasn't been what I thought it would be, and now as the end comes near, I thank ALL of you here. Its just to bad I can never meet any of you. But at least I have you on here, and I have the best friend in the world (besides the wife) Cooper! Thank you all!!
Chris Emmons
Greenfield, Indiana

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hey Buddy! Sometimes the dark can get lonely and scary.....this I know. But, reach your hand out and you will feel the warmth of those that do care.....we love ya :D xoxo

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
Hey Buddy! Sometimes the dark can get lonely and scary.....this I know. But, reach your hand out and you will feel the warmth of those that do care.....we love ya :D xoxo
Thank u my friend! U know all about me, for the most part, and u know how I feel about u. Thank u 4 always being there. And I will keep u posted for sure! Xoxox

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know your whole situation. Haven't been a member too long. However I have kept up on some. I am so sorry for everything you have to go through. Please know that a lot of us do care, even though we are not as familiar with you, or you us, as some others are. I am sorry you feel alone, but we are here, always. You hang in, never give up, your never alone. Hope your mother keeps improving also.