Izzy is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
Owww she is beautiful!! I so hope you find her and you can return her to her sanctuary she looks like she loves it soo much!!
Get yourself an outfit where you wont get soo scratched up!
I wish I lived closer I would be there in a shot to help you look for her..

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Don't give up, I lost my baby box turtle, in the yard before, and after a few weeks found her walking across the grass, She will pop up... Just keep looking, keep watering the grass. I bet she found a nice spot to sleep under a bush or plant.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OMG!!! I'm glad you posted the picture. For some reason, I was thinking it was CHEWY that was missing!!

I had a thought a bit ago...Did you question your niece really well to be absolutely sure that the flower garden is where the turtle was placed? All of your habitats could be mistaken for a "flower garden," and maybe the words your niece used didn't really apply to the place she actually put the turtle.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh no...not Chewy. She doesn't even go out in her little enclosure unless I am standing there, and NO ONE holds her except me and Tim and he only holds her under my supervision. Chewy is way too tiny to go outside alone. That is what is so crazy. I NEVER let anyone handle my animals unless I am standing there. I don't even know why I let her bring Izzy outside. She knows which is the flower garden and which is the turtle pen. My niece told me that she put her in the small flower garden. That is right near the turtle pen where the Cyprus trees are. I have a fairy sitting on the ledge and she likes to sit next to it. There is a lower level with a much bigger flower garden. If she put her in there, I probably would have found her as it is not enclosed and she would have fallen on to the patio.
Thanks everyone for all the good wishes. And don't worry....I will never give up.
I applied for a wild life permit a while ago...I think that's what you call it...and was supposed to adopt another boxie from Julie M. at the LIR, ....a friend for Izzy...but the permit hasn't come yet.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
they are tenacious terry, shell keep herself safe and i bet shes watching you on your hands and knees. if shes in the flowers, shes eating for the island im sure and not ready to give up her new found booty. gali and spring shaking w/ fingers crossed she comes out for a special hug from you.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No Shelli...nothing. I did my search again today. Now I go out at different times of the day. I try to follow her routine when she was in her enclosure....times she ate ...etc. I'll never give up though....thank you for asking, and caring.

M

Maggie Cummings

Don't give up Terry. I think I already told you we found my 3-toed 7 months later...you can't give up. Have you tried using your dogs? They have great noses. My lil Roxie kitty found more then one escapee. She'd also come and tell me when a baby was on his back, so don't under estimate the dogs...

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear about all this, Terri.
I will pray for Izzy's safe return and your getting a good night's sleep so that you may find her tomorrow. Sometimes you can't even find something that's right in front of you when your energy is depleted and feeling miserable. Let your mind be calm and still like water in pond so that it could reflect the image of Izzy clearly.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Sorry I have been away from the site for a few days. I was wondering if there was any new news.

Fingers crossed.. and fairy wishes~ its great news

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No Janice...no news. Nay just found her boxie and it has given me more hope. There is no way she could have gotten out of my yard, so I am still looking and will never give up. Thanks for thinking of us.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Knowing she can't get out of your yard must be comforting! I'm sure she is eating. Its just a mater of time! You said your grandson is going to look for her, has he looked before or is this the first time. Hopefully he can find her!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry: When your grand son is down on his hands and knees searching, ask him to run his fingers over the soil. If he feels any soil that isn't compacted, but light and fluffy, then have him dig down with his fingers. I'm sure you're going to find Izzy!

Yvonne

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yvonne, I actually got down on my knees and took a claw and went through my pen like in a grid pattern. Of course I was gentle and there is some grasses growing there.I did not find anything. I cannot believe Louise is here.. Where did she hide, and being an ornate and needing that live food?????And why?
Terry I was sure my pen was secure, but totally thought my girl had gotten out. But she didn't!! and I still don't have a clue where she was. So yes stay positive, but remember, looking back at the old posts it was the end of May, so it could be awhile to keep your chin up. I went into work today and was soo excited to tell my work buddies, you guys are so much more supportive! Thanks
Na

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you everyone...tomorrow..if it doesn't rain..Tim will be here and we (my two small grandsons) are going to put on garden gloves and dig our way across the back ..in and out...of the big Cyprus trees. First we are going to spray the whole yard...wait a few min. then start our search. I will NEVER give up.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Good luck Terry I'm sure Izzy is going to come out eventually and she'll probably look at you like...."What?" :D

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Will be thinking of you today and keeping fingers
crossed that Izzy comes trundling out of her hidey
spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.