new three toed juvie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I guess everyone was sick of seeing me cry all day, so they got me a little Three Toed. She is cb, and almost three years old..a little older than Izzy. She is very small..not totally smooth and not as pretty as Izzy..I sound terrible..I'm trying not to compare. She is very sweet and will come up to me and wait for me to feed her and will eat right out of my hand. I made an indoor viv for her yesterday. It is a 30 gal. for now. Next year when Chewy is a little older, I will make a big viv for the two of them and hopefully they will be able to live together.
Here's Nolie.

001-14.jpg

010-10.jpg

003-11.jpg

outside in a Christmas Tree storage bin.

031.jpg

039.jpg

The strangest thing...I tried to put her in the big outdoor pen with Pio for a bit just to see their reaction. Pio, who loves Izzy and followed her all over since they were tiny little things, went over to Nolie and smelled her all over and then tried to bite her leg. I put her back in a little later and Pio ran this time over to her and again tried to bit her. So that ended that. I really don't understand that behavior from Pio at all as he is usually so sweet...so now Pio has his outdoor pen all to himself.

M

Maggie Cummings

As he SHOULD have the pen to himself. Have you forgotten about quarantine for a new animal?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nolie is very cute! And Pio was trying to tell you that Izzy is irreplaceable!!!

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No Maggie...I haven't forgotten. I already had the 30 gal viv set up for her and that's where she was going. I just wanted to see Pio's reaction because he was together with Izzy since they were hatchlings. I wasn't going to leave them together...not to worry. I also have 3 Christmas Tree storage bins..Chewy and my lil rescue RES each have their own outdoor bin and now Nolie has one too. When I see them on sale I always buy one...just in case.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Nolie is very sweet and Pio does know that it's not Izzy and Yvonne is right. Who bought it for you your grandaughter? It was a very nice gesture. You will find Izzy and then maybe Pio will except Nolie in the pen when Izzy's back.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulations Terry, Nolie is sooo cute :D. I know it is not the good thread to say this but Terry, I am sure you will find Izzy sooner or later. And Maybe Izzy and Nolie and Pio will become the 3 best friends :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Cute new addition. The indoor tank setup looks nice too. My new 3 toe is so shy right now. He just buries himself and I never see him out and about. Hopefully he'll get more confident and active soon.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I notice something .....this little guy was fed out of his enclosure and so was the little Eastern that Yvonne gave us. Maybe because they were handled so much they are more friendly. Both of these little ones are in different enclosures, but the always come out to me when they see me. I don't cover the front of the vivariums as I want they to get used to me ....just the sides and the back. They are both in my room and when I am on my comp. sometimes they sit there and watch me...probably thinking they will get something to eat. (they always do get a treat) I have raised a few boxies and I really think there is a big difference when you put the food in the enclosure and when you feed outside in a separate bin. I guess it is because they are handled more.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terry congratulations on getting Nolie. I still have hope that Izzy will turn up and eventually Izzy, Nolie and Chewy will all live happily together and Pio will have a place all his own to enjoy. :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww Terry Nolie is really such a little cutie !!! She will be oh so happy with you. Pio is obviously just reacting cos he misses Izzy and knows Nolie isn't Izzy. I believe Izzy will just rock up one day like "hey ma wheres my foodage" hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.