Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:
I am just sick, we have not heard from her in days... I am hoping all is well!!

*hugs* Has that happened before?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Not really because she was here in town and I could just drive over there. Nothing on facebook, so I will blow up her phone tomorrow until she calls me and if that doesn't work, I will ring the nurses station and ask them to have her call me. They think I am her sister. I want to go see her, but I have some commitments. I will check with her hubby tomorrow too. Ugh, so frustrating!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Lisa posted on my husband's face book last night. Monday she has another cat scan and she said another surgery and she will be in awhile more! UGH! She has been there in UCLA almost 2 weeks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Another surgery???? Did they just install a zipper last time?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Crap, Yvonne they just as well should have. Ugh!

We have not been able to get down there, and I don't think her hubby has either. Depression has been a big issue that's why we went all the time to see her when she was here. I am feeling very frustrated, and I am ready to cry!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Are they making any progress or is all of this just a continual of the same area?
(Not sure how I should word that, hope what I used works.)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
It's the same area. They told she has one abscess, then it was 2 last count she had 4, but I'm thinking it's something else that's why she is not getting better. I have no clue on why more surgery, maybe to take those out, or what ever it is. I think I will walk across the street and talk to her hubby!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Poor Lisa. What a difficult time for you all. Let us know if her husband knows anything more...

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
**UPDATE** Woo hoo just got off the phone with Lisa!! She sounds sooooo good. She has a cat scan in a little while, if there are no changes from the last cat scan they are going to do surgery on Monday and take out all 4, yes 4 abscesses!!! UGH! She said she had the best salad ever last night and the Dr.'s are SOOOOO HOT!!! Not that I want her to have surgery again, but I think it's time to take out that crap her body is trying to fight.

Thanks you guys for being so supportive, I really do appreciate it! You guys are the bestest peeps ever!! xoxo

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am glad your worries these last couple of days have sorta been for nothing. Let her know we are all here mentally cheering her on.

Status
Not open for further replies.