Update on Lisa *nascarmw*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
Went to visit Lisa today, last week she was tested because they thought she had an infection in her heart. Thankfully that is not the case. She still has the VRE, her blood pressure is still too high 190/100ish, so she said something is wrong with her heart. They are sending her down to UCLA because she has developed an abscess where they did the surgery on her pancreas. Can you guys believe this has been going on since July 20th!!! I told her this was excellent news, because the quacks here are making her sicker and when she goes there she will see a real Dr!!!! I told her I bet that 3 or 4 days after the surgery she will be feeling better, because the abscess will be gone and instead of fighting infection after infection she can start to heal. If the surgery is Tuesday I will take the day off from work and go there to be with her. If it's Monday I can't. This is the best news we have had in a very long time, I was really worried there for a while! We are going to watch the race with her tomorrow at 10:30! Poor Lisa!! This poor woman has been thru the ringer!!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Xcellent .... good news and happy thoughts .. for her! ... Sounds like shes has one heck of a friend too! ( besides her shelled Buddies ) ;)

JD~:)

B

byerssusan

Glad to hear she will be getting the care she needs.Some doctors havent a clue as to what they are doing... Sending Lots of prayers her way.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Great to be finally hearing what appears to be good news.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our thoughts are with you. Give Lisa our best.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very good news Mary Anne :), when the abscess will be removed, her body will be able to concentrate all the energy on the healing process instead of just fighting the infection. Thoughts and prayers are sent your and Lisa's way.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks everyone, you gals and guys are the best! I really do appreciate it.

She wasn't so happy about it yesterday, I tried to explain to her how awesome it is that they are actually being proactive with her care. I have been wanting to punch her Dr. in the nose for weeks, but since I am a lady *clears throat* I have not. She is very scared about another surgery and I can't blame her! I so agree with you Isa and I tried to convey that to her. I really think I need to be with her when she has the surgery. Hopefully when I go see her today to watch the race, the Dr. will have told her when the surgery is. Fingers crossed!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
So while watching the race, guess who walked in......yep her Dr. She is headed for Cedar's or UCLA, which ever has a bed first. I am really excited. She has an abscess where they did the surgery and pus in front of her kidneys. I think her level of care will be increased plus better DR.'s!!! I asked him about her heart and other than her blood pressure, nothing wrong there! I plan on taking 2 days off to be with her and I'll just crash in the room with her. I'll steal one of those comfy chairs from the maternity ward! LOL!! I am so excited, they will get that crap out and she will be feeling good in no time!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am so glad that you are going to be able to go with her, you are a very good friend :) Please keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.