Info on Lisa ~ Nascarmw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
So here is a synopsis of Lisa's life the last few months.

I took her to an appt on July 20th. The Dr. was just going to look into her pancreas because it has been making her very sick. She was to stay in the hospital over night.

Well, the DR. perforated her pancreas while he was looking around and didn't realize it. When she came out of surgery she was in even more pain.

The next day they did a cat scan and found the perforation. They did emergency surgery to try to fix it. It has gone from bad to worse since then.

She had 3 drains to help with getting the yuckie stuff out. Beginning of September she was released to come home. That next Monday I took her to the DR. to get the last drain removed. She got super sick again and has been back into the hospital.

We thought she had an infection in her heart. She contracted VRE from the hospital. Last week they found an abscess in her stomach area. They drained it yesterday and the puss was pooling at her kidneys. Now they told her yesterday there are 2 other masses in her stomach.

So last Sunday they decided to send her to UCLA which is a much better facility! While visiting yesterday the DR came in and said they have a bed and she would be leaving in the next 2 hours. So at 5:15 they loaded her up and my hubby and I watched her drive away, it was sad and exciting at the same time. She has been in the hospital for almost 4 months! I think with all my heart we will be bringing her home in no longer than 2 weeks. I think they will figure it out super fast. There is alot more to the story, but that will give you a good outline. The poor woman has been thru plenty! If anyone wants to send her a card let me know and I will give you my address! Prayers too!! Thanks everyone!!! :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Mary Anne, I sure do hope that the new medical facility will be the saving grace....UCLA is a great place, young and upcoming staff combined with the older more experienced...wonderful combination....please keep us in the loop, I appreciate you doing this for us.....:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
man-o-man-o-man! I know she's not thinking of that right now, but my first thought was, "law suit."

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
So sorry to hear all that has happened to her, hope she makes a full recovery...

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yes, Yvonne lawsuit for sure! In the beginning Lisa would hear some of the nurses whispering about it! Honestly that is just the half of it. The Dr. that messed up Lisa did a colonoscopy on my friend Roanna's G'ma this week. Lisa and G'ma are on the same floor and just a hall way apart. So after Lisa we go see G'ma!

Thanks Yvonne, D'marcus and Angelea!!! :D

M

Maggie Cummings

I know UCLA does great work so she will get well in no time. PM me her address would ya?

Looks like her curse on the #18 Toyota sure worked as he is parked all week end. That effectively takes him out of the chase...Oh well.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
She missed the race!!! Yesterday we pulled it up on you tube for her, she couldn't even believe it! I can't believe he did that! He is in big trouble for sure! I will PM you my address. I plan on visiting her down there next weekend, I'll just crash in her room!

Thanks Maggie!! :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thank you for the update Mary Anne. I am really glad to hear that she is at UCLA now, they will have her sorted in a minute ;)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Tyler and Kristina!

I agree, I think they will have her back to normal in a week, two weeks tops!! *fingers crossed*

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
I hope she is better soon. :)

Mary-Anne are you just a good friend or related?
If your just a good friend, can you come be my best friend? As none of my friends visited me in hospital or even cared.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
She is a friend, actually she lives across the street and she took care of my hatchlings when they were tiny while I was at work. We have been friends for just over a year. When we met it was like we had know each other for years, she is about 10 years older than me. All of her close friends are out of town and so is her family, except her hubby and step kids. So she is stuck with me! :D We all get along great her family and mine. My young son Evan loves her to death! Plus she is like the cool aid Mom to some of the kids in the neighborhood. I hope she comes home soon! We will have a block PARTY!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I had 2 surgery stays as a teen at UCLA top notch facility, great teaching hospital.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Thanks, Mary Anne updating us. She has gone through an incredible amount. She is in fabulous hands now, and you are an amazing friend to her. She sure sounds like a trooper.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am so glad that she got a place at UCLA!! I hope that the doctors will be able to make her feel better very very soon! Thoughts and prayers are with the both of you Mary Anne. Thank you for the update :) xoxo

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Isa!!! I just got a message from her on facebook and she said that they have already starting doing some stuff! She has a couch in her room and a recliner! Looks like I found my sleeping accommodations for the weekend!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You are a wonderful friend and neighbor Mary Anne. When I hear stories like this it scare's me to death. My husband is going in for a hip replacement next week, and I told the Dr. to put a BIG X on the hip he is going to be working on.....he said they do. :)My prayers are with Lisa now for a speedy recovery.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good news!!! It is very good that already started doing ''medical stuff'' :) I am glad that you will have a nice couch to sleep on during the weekend, you are a very very good friend :).

Status
Not open for further replies.