Info on Lisa ~ Nascarmw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
terryo said:
You are a wonderful friend and neighbor Mary Anne. When I hear stories like this it scare's me to death. My husband is going in for a hip replacement next week, and I told the Dr. to put a BIG X on the hip he is going to be working on.....he said they do. :)My prayers are with Lisa now for a speedy recovery.
Thanks Terryo!! I will send prayers your way for you and your hubby! I wish him a speedy painless recovery!! Let us know how it goes! Here is a hug for ya! {{{{{{HUG}}}}}

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thanks for the update Mary Anne. Wishing Lisa a speedy recovery. So glad to hear she is at UCLA getting their best treatment!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
**UPDATE*** Lisa maybe coming home today! I spoke to her yesterday and if her latest tests look good she will be on her way home! Yayyyyyy!!!

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
This is great news!!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that she gets to come home soon (especially today!)! :D

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Torty Mom said:
**UPDATE*** Lisa maybe coming home today! I spoke to her yesterday and if her latest tests look good she will be on her way home! Yayyyyyy!!!

Fabulous news! 11/11/11 is a good day! :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Stephanie, it's for the better that she stays. I thought she would come home fast, but considering how sick she i,s it kinda scared me it was too fast! She told me yesterday she is actually feeling better and eating, she said the food is delish!!! Good news to me!! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, man...she must really be sick if she thinks the hospital food is delish!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
But after all, it is UCLA...
Good to know she is feeling better, that is a really good sign! I hope it continues.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Yvonne and Lynne, it's a great sign, she hasn't eaten much in weeks! I sneak in Jamba and McD's fruit smoothies, she loves them! Go Lisa go!! The calendar photo is a surprise, I have not told her I entered that picture, she will be so excited! Christmas present! :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am so glad that Lisa is feeling better Mary Anne. I agree that in a way it is good that she did not go home to fast, but the day that her doctors will decide that it is safe for her to get back, it will be very good because she will be able to start her recovery :). Thank you for the updates xx

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm so glad Mary Anne has a friend like you!! Glad to hear she's feeling better!! I can't believe what she's been through. Poor thing!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Torty Mom said:
Thanks Stephanie, it's for the better that she stays. I thought she would come home fast, but considering how sick she i,s it kinda scared me it was too fast! She told me yesterday she is actually feeling better and eating, she said the food is delish!!! Good news to me!! :D

This is wonderful news. When a person eats you know they are feeling better. Everyday when I visit my husband in the hospital, I eat in the cafeteria. It's really not that bad at all.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Isa and Kathy! She is a special friend!

Special thanks to everyone, I appreciate all your warm and get well wishes for Lisa!! Not to mention all the sweet things you guys have said!! You guys are the bestest!!!

terryo said:
Torty Mom said:

This is wonderful news. When a person eats you know they are feeling better. Everyday when I visit my husband in the hospital, I eat in the cafeteria. It's really not that bad at all.
Thanks Terry!! how is your hubby doing? I hope he has a speedy recovery, is he home?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
This is the first I saw of the Lisa story. I feel so bad for her. What an awful ordeal to go through. My son han pancreatitis from a basketball injury when he was nine and it was horrible, but nothing compared to what your friend is going through. After the he came home from the hospital he was on a no to low fat diet for a month or two. Your friend will probably need to do the same. If so I will give you a list of low fat foods we discovered. Please tell Lisa that your TFO friends are praying for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.