Update on Lisa *nascarmw* and VRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
So just got home from visiting Lisa. She is doing so much better than a few days ago, we could actually talk. Yay! Which she has not been able to do for 3 weeks!!! I brought her a yummy pumpkin smoothie from Jamba.

The nurse said she has tested positive for VRT. So I had to wear a gown and gloves. Anyone know what that is? I tried to google and found nothing.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
The only VRT I can think of is Vestibular Rehab Therapy, but that's a treatment for people with Vertigo. So I'm thinking maybe it's Vertigo? But I've never heard of it referred to as VRT.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have no idea what it is, but sure am glad to hear she is doing better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yeah Mary Anne, all that hits on that shows that it is a "test" type process...not a disease itself???? hmmm

I am happy to hear that she is progressing, even if a little at a time....I sure hope she gets well and soon :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
The nurse said it was an infection. She already has one infection this is a second one. It must be pretty nasty because I had to wear a gown and gloves. I can't find anything. I will have her write it down, so I can look it up better. I was hoping someone here knew what it was, I forgot to ask if it was viral or bacterial, I am sure it's bacterial.

Sarah, no vertigo, it's an infection in her stomach cavity. She has 2 drains that are in her stomach area. At first I was worried about MRSA, a lady in the elevator was talking about her loved one having it there in the hospital. I washed my hands 3 times!!

I am soooo curious on what it is.......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor Lisa. She's really had it bad this year. We're all pulling for her. Be sure to let her know that we're sending good thoughts and prayers her way.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I bet that's what it is and I just heard her wrong. Is it bad?? I will go read that right now, thanks so much! You are awesome jaizei!!!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

I have a minor infection in my stomach now that used to be a big infection that put me in the hospital called H. pylori. I wonder if it's something like that. Did you irritate her with Kyle Busch talk?:)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yes, we did were your ears burning???? I told her "Hey Maggie says Hi and did you notice how well Kyle is doing these days in the dash for cash?" She told me to shut up!!! LOL!!!! She fell asleep and missed the end of the race.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
I'm glad that she is doing better! I've never heard of VRT, but I hope that it resolves quickly!
I bet she really appreciated the jamba juice! Woo hoo!!! :D

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Possibly Viral Rhinotracheitis...why can't they just talk in plain English? hahaha. What does OCD mean? Most will automatically say Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, but in my line of work it is Osteochondrosis Dissecans...so you just never know unless you ask the question.

Doc

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Torty Mom said:
Thanks Stephanie, I had it wrong it looks like it's VRE and guess where you catch it from....... the hospital!

Hospitals carry some of the most awful infections. They are supposed to promote healing, and yet, you can get a deadly infection by just being in there.
That really sucks that she got VRE! I just googled the crud out of it (had no clue what it was...), and I hope she has a speedy recovery from it. She is in my prayers :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Stephanie me too. She has been in the hospital since July 20th!!! She came home for 2 weeks, got sicker and is now back in. I don't want to get this crud either!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.