10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Stephanie said:
emysemys said:
Stephanie said:
I am currently unemployed but in school. :shy:
I might end up majoring in engineering, but so far I've been facing obstacles with my school as they have too many students in those types of departments.
I would kill for a job, but they are few and far between where I'm at (as it is with many other areas, I'm sure).

If you can get on with the Electric company, the phone company or a cable company, they will teach you communications engineering or electrical engineering.

I have no clue how to go about doing that...:(

Just go to your local phone company, cable company and power company, ask for the employment/personell department and fill out an application.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I spend my days in the operating room. I sell spine implants and bone graft substitutes.

Someday I plan to work for Doc Westin......

savigreen

5 Year Member
I am a registered veterinary technician and I work in an oncology department of an animal hospital. I am going to school part time right now to try and get into the zoo med side of things :)

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I'm 31 years old. I'm a veterinary technician at a really nice small animal hospital in Arlington TX. I'm working on my biology degree currently and plan on going to veterinary school. I'm right there with Dr. Todd, going to school at 30 and wanting to be a veterinarian. You're definitely my inspiration sir! Thanks for all of your encouragement.

-Matt

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
matt41gb said:
I'm 31 years old. I'm a veterinary technician at a really nice small animal hospital in Arlington TX. I'm working on my biology degree currently and plan on going to veterinary school. I'm right there with Dr. Todd, going to school at 30 and wanting to be a veterinarian. You're definitely my inspiration sir! Thanks for all of your encouragement.

-Matt

I was thinking the exact same thing! The Doc gives me hope!

turtletania

5 Year Member
I am 40 years old. I am a language teacher from Australia - teaching in Brunei Darussalam. Been teaching 18 years now. Always teaching foreign language and LOVE IT!

New Redfoot Mom

5 Year Member
Cleveland, OH
I am a Production Underwriter for a large insurance company, replying to this old thread in an effort to reach BK - who cannot accept a private response. INTERESTED IN THE ARTIC TORTOISE CLUB - please contact me. Live in Cleveland...

Sharon

codyv34

5 Year Member
Im currently going to a Technical college and i am in my first year of a two year program Heating, Ventilation , Air Conditioning and Refrigeration

I work at a heating and Air Conditioning as a shop boy, and future Service technician. i run various errands, and clean up the shop, also i got and help out on jobs and service calls, and this summer i will be out in the field doing preventative maintenance, my first step towards entering the Field

EKLC

5 Year Member
Tortoise care is my primary job, but to pay the bills i am a PhD researcher in electrical engineering.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
codyv34 said:
Im currently going to a Technical college and i am in my first year of a two year program Heating, Ventilation , Air Conditioning and Refrigeration

I work at a heating and Air Conditioning as a shop boy, and future Service technician. i run various errands, and clean up the shop, also i got and help out on jobs and service calls, and this summer i will be out in the field doing preventative maintenance, my first step towards entering the Field

What made you want to be a HVAC Tech?

codyv34

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
codyv34 said:

What made you want to be a HVAC Tech?

Well when i was trying to figure out what direction i wanted to go with my life, i had looked into the trades. and when i looked at the 3 major ones that came to mind, Plumbing, Electrician, and HVAC. the hvac field had little dependence on New Construction. At least in the way i wanted to be involved in these fields, because you could Argue me saying that Electricians rely on N/c... But my neighbor works in the field, and i was pretty close with him and his family. I had a first hand view in some of the positives of the business, and saw that he lived a pretty comfortable lifestyle, After talking to him, he got me a job at the company he worked at ,and i gave it a shot and started working there my senior year of high school, mostly doing shop work, along with installs and riding around on service calls, and now that im in school i realized how great of a decision i had made.

LuvmyGreenSon

5 Year Member
I am late on this thread but I wanted to join in anyways!

I am currently a telephone operator at a Honda dealership. I also take their inventory of all the new car units and photograph all the pre-owned units for the website. I do this to pay the bills while I attend college full-time. I am almost done with my second year of pursuing a B.S in biology. What I will do with that degree I have no clue... either teach, (depending on GPA) try applying to med school, maybe try to be an RN. .. I can't make up my mind. :p

erdavis

5 Year Member
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
I'm 17 and still in highschool. But I've been in a nursing program for 4 years almost and gettin' my CNA liscense next month. Then will be going to college for 2 years to get my Registered Nurse degree. Then take 6 months off to hike the Appalachian Trail(been waitin' on it all my life). Then work while I do 2 more years for my BA in nursing. Then add on another 2 to get my masters. :)
For now I'm a skating carhop at Sonic Drive-In and a CNA student at the hospital. After April I'll be quitin' sonic to work as a CNA.

It's interesting to see what everyone does!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I run a before/afterschool care program at an elementary school.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I currently am a college student, graduating this semester! I turned 22 in November. I work with autistic children as a behavioral interventionist. On the side, I am a volunteer coach for special Olympics. Love everything that I do, I just wish this last semester wasn't such a drag!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Terry Allan Hall said:
Be 55 in abiout a month, have been a singer/guitarist/goof-off for 37 years...worked in the MH/MR field for several of those years, but music actually paid the bills (sadly, MH/MR work pays VERY poorly!)...also teach various instruments, do some repairs/customization, and am a photographer, as needed.

Plan to retire when that first shovel-load of dirt hits me in the face... :p

IM001916.JPG

Have been asked for a sample on a few occasions, but hate my recordings...anyway, here's a short example, recorded with my trio, at a wine tasting:

http://terryallanhall.com/jazzything.mp3

So, I wasn't kidding about being a goof-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.