What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You don't HAVE to answer this, obviously, but I think it would be fun to know what everyone does...and see the different walks of life!

I'm 27 years old.

I'm a licensed Broker/Agent for Home and Auto Insurance. (I currently do Homeowners only) I've been doing this for about 6 years now.

You?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
RETIRED!

* Law Enforcement

* Real Estate / Investor

* Aldabra Tortoise Breeder

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
i am 24 and going to school for a civil engineering degree

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Just Turned 18, Im Looking For A Job! Its So Darn Hard With This Economy
Other Then That I Had A Side-Job- Dj :)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
RETIRED

* play with a camera --- trying to figure out how they work?

* hatch and sell a redfoot tortoise occasionally.. barely supports the habit.

* Secured/unsecured loan OUTSIDE-COLLECTOR.. which means I had to find the ones that were more than 90 days past due and get them to pay. It got "interesting" at times! I had to be "tactful" not mean - surprise!

* self-employed sales for well over 35 years.. too lazy to work...

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I work in a crappy factory making parts for Honda cars. And it don't pay even close to what Honda pays its workers. I hate it more then any job I have ever had. I'm 39, have 2 bone tumors, and I have Lupus so disability is probably in my future. Sorry to be a downer, glad I have Cooper to pick me up! :)

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
27 and working for Geeksquad fixing computers... not thrilled with it but it pays the bills.

Sulcatifornia

5 Year Member
San Diego, California
We stay at home with my autistic son Shamus, homeschooling. Me and my boyfriend Eric resell items we either find or buy on craigslist, we also have several at home projects to help with the bills and are always coming up with more.
Spending a 3rd or more of our time in life working unhappily for someone else, for companies that don't care about anyone but the bottom line, isn't our idea of "making a living". :D

chelonian freak

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:
I work in a crappy factory making parts for Honda cars. And it don't pay even close to what Honda pays its workers. I hate it more then any job I have ever had. I'm 39, have 2 bone tumors, and I have Lupus so disability is probably in my future. Sorry to be a downer, glad I have Cooper to pick me up! :)

hi anyway im from indonesia.in my country now traditional medicine are develop.nowadays people use daun sirsak to threat cancer or tumors.if i not wrong.hehehe...anyway maybe u can try this.i dont know what is daun sirsak in english.gbu.keep the spirit bro:D

chelonian freak

5 Year Member
im jeffrey from indonesia.im a fresh graduate.im 25anyway now i just help my parents with their work:shy:.anyway there is aldabra breeder here.wow...can i buy from u sir?thx:D:D:D

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I'm 51, have been a public school teacher for 17 years. I love teaching, love my students and most parents, love the teachers I work with and all the teachers I worked with in Poplar, MT before I came here. I love my principal. I also love Christmas break, spring break, and summer!!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Redfoot NERD said:
Tom said:
I, ummm... train dogs...

And you get paid for that? :rolleyes:

Ha, ha!
I am a Family Practice MD (means you know a little about a lot of stuff),pretty close to 'sort of' retiring, and I love to garden and make life better for my torts!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I work armed security at the Radio Shack Corporate headquarters while I am going through the process to hopefully become a police officer for either Arlington or Fort Worth Texas...

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
I am a Research & Development Scientist in Biotherapeutics.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I am a cook, nurse, seamstress, cleaning woman, chauffeur, teacher, psychologist, waiter.......in other words, I am a stay-at-home Mom and wife. I used to be a private secretary for the manager of a bank......then I got married, and had 5 kids.....all boys. One is still home, so I haven't retired yet. :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For atleast three more weeks, I am once again an Over the road truckdriver. It sucks that I finally found a job I love, but it takes me away from the world I love. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.