Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I do a lot a surfing during the commercials, so I do miss quite a few of them, but I have developed a liking for a couple. My very favorite is Derrell on the Wal-Mart commercials...you know, Mr. Rollback! I love him.

I used to absolutely HATE Flo on the insurance commercial, but she has now grown on me and I look forward to each new one. My favorite of hers is the one where the guy from another insurance company is trying to sneak in and look for insurance and she comes up and "outs" him. "Its an office party!!!"

(I've finished mowing the yards and am resting after my heat stroke...nothing to do but play on the computer!!!)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Years and years ago, there was this Miller Lite commercial, and it featured a, um, very "big boned" gentleman laying on his back on the floor. He was holding a small cat over his face and repeating over and over, "Who's a furry little mustache man, who's got a furry little mustache, is it you, is it you?" in a sing song falsetto.

Two people were standing in the doorway watching him, and one looks at the other and says, "Well, at least he isn't naked."

I have no idea what in the world it had to do with Miller Lite, but the memory of it still cracks me up.

I have a couple more but I let some others share some first.

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
I love the new AT&T commercial with the song pure imagination sung by Gene Wilder. It just brings me back to when I was 7.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Not in the least bit unexpected, but any of the Doritos commercials with Ali Landry, the Carl's Jr commercials (with the blonde thinking she's going out for steak and Padma Lakshmi dripping her burger everywhere)...as classics go the kid offering Mean Joe Green a Coke!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RichardS said:
I love the new AT&T commercial with the song pure imagination sung by Gene Wilder. It just brings me back to when I was 7.

Is that Gene Wilder? I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who it was. I LOVE his voice. I've been thinking it was Joel Gray. Gene Wilder...I'll be go to heck!

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
emysemys said:
Is that Gene Wilder? I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who it was. I LOVE his voice. I've been thinking it was Joel Gray. Gene Wilder...I'll be go to heck!

YES! Straight off the 1971 Willy Wonka soundtrack!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
AT&T Imagination
The Old Spice Body Wash 'quick change' commercials
"I love the whole world" Discovery Channel sing-a-long
Honda 'Cog' commercial, even if it was never shown in the US
The old 'Rainier Beer' commercial that was just the fast motorcycle that was driving in the mountains and said 'raaaaaaaaaaaaa neeeeeeeeeeeer beeeeeeeeer' as it sped by

I have not bought any of these things, but I love the commercials!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Do you guys have this commercial in the US, I think it is At&T, One guy is looking at his friends status on facebook on his cell phone and he is saying a the status of my friend is "Kung fu bomb" and behind the guy we hear "KUNG FU" The guy did a Kung fu bomb in the pool in jumping in it so everyone is wet after that :D
Yvonne, I did not know you had a heat stroke? When did it happen? Are you doing better :)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Another one of my favorites is one of the "Man Law" commercials. In this particular one, Jerome Bettis (GO STEELERS!) tries to lick his finger and then stick it in Burt Reynolds ear. Burt just kind of looks out of the corner of his eye and says "Don't..." in a stern voice.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I can't think of a favortie one, I remember a nike commercial I believ where a newspaper boy throws a newspar and tears a guy's arm off, I always love missing body part commercials, one I do hate and can't stand and will never buy their product ever again, is the " I wear no pants' commercial, they know everyone hates it because they threaten to run it again and again until you buy their pants.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Isa said:
Yvonne, I did not know you had a heat stroke? When did it happen? Are you doing better :)

LOL! I was just exaggerating!

Motara's Mom

5 Year Member
The twix one where they are at the wedding and the guy says "I can't believe that she was wearing white" and a guy turns around and says, "Why shouldn't my daughter wear white"

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
The GEICO commercial with Charlie Daniels. I love it so much I taped it. "That's how ya do it, son".

Status
Not open for further replies.