What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
MalKC said:
I'm 24 (as of today) and just graduated and looking for a job as a recreational therapist. :)

Anyone know anyone hiring? lol

It would be a bit of a commute, but we do sometimes (all full right now, though!) www.qliomaha.com for an old video/site

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
rockyMTNtortoise said:
I am 35 years old. I am a Respiratory Therapist, specializing in infants and children, been in the field for 14 years. I am so blessed, I love my job! Great topic.

Thanks,
Brandon

As a mother of a severe chronic asthmatic I so appreciate everything you do!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Skyler Nell said:
I'm 19 and a waitress at Mimi's Cafe lol.
But that's just to make money for now, going to school to become either a social worker or a speech pathologist :)

I'd definitely pick the "Speech Pathologist." :)

rockyMTNtortoise

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs
CtTortoiseMom said:
rockyMTNtortoise said:
I am 35 years old. I am a Respiratory Therapist, specializing in infants and children, been in the field for 14 years. I am so blessed, I love my job! Great topic.

Thanks,
Brandon

As a mother of a severe chronic asthmatic I so appreciate everything you do!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is my pleasure. Thank you again.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
I am currently unemployed but in school. :shy:
I might end up majoring in engineering, but so far I've been facing obstacles with my school as they have too many students in those types of departments.
I would kill for a job, but they are few and far between where I'm at (as it is with many other areas, I'm sure).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stephanie said:
I might end up majoring in engineering, but so far I've been facing obstacles with my school as they have too many students in those types of departments.
I would kill for a job, but they are few and far between where I'm at (as it is with many other areas, I'm sure).

If you can get on with the Electric company, the phone company or a cable company, they will teach you communications engineering or electrical engineering.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
emysemys said:
Stephanie said:

If you can get on with the Electric company, the phone company or a cable company, they will teach you communications engineering or electrical engineering.

I have no clue how to go about doing that...:(

Mic

5 Year Member
New Mexico
I'm 23 and I am currently a teller at a bank. Not sure I fit in, the girls I work with wouldn't even pick up a turtle. Haha before this I worked at Auto Zone for 4 years and went to school for radiology.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I am the sum of my years as a Computer Programmer and thrice my years as a Database Administrator plus 2 years old. I have been a DBA for the same time spent in school prior to college and was a Programmer for twice that plus 1 years. I received a B.S. in Biology (Pre-Med) the number of years I was a Programmer and one half the years I have been a DBA years ago and a B.S. in Medical Technology 5 years thence.

Armed with the above information, what color are my eyes? :p

Schlomo

5 Year Member
I'm a contracts and proposals manager for the largest professional services firm in the world. I work primarily on large Federal government proposals. The total value of proposals we work on have ranged from $100M to $5B. We're expected to do all we can to win. Whenever I'm on a proposal, I sometimes have to work 80hrs or more for 4 weeks straight (we have 30 days to respond to a proposal unless they extend the due date) - so there's a lot of stress to deal with.

Basically, my job sucks - but it pays the bills. I've actually found my new Tortoise buddies to be very relaxing to watch. I wish I could be working with animals all the time.

LeroyLeft

5 Year Member
ct
Iam a radioactive waste handler decontaminatiion tec 2 ,currently running the hazwaste programs at a nuclear power plant ,just intered my 28th year at this site.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
HLogic said:
I am the sum of my years as a Computer Programmer and thrice my years as a Database Administrator plus 2 years old. I have been a DBA for the same time spent in school prior to college and was a Programmer for twice that plus 1 years. I received a B.S. in Biology (Pre-Med) the number of years I was a Programmer and one half the years I have been a DBA years ago and a B.S. in Medical Technology 5 years thence.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
emysemys said:
Stephanie said:

If you're interested in electrical engineering, there's growth in the renewable energy sector. I know that Southern California Edison has College interns every summer. Here's SCE's internship website:
http://www.sce.com/communityandrecreation/education/college-programs.htm
and their jobs website:
http://www.edison.com/careers/erecruit.asp

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
HLogic said:

Black in the middle, and white with red streaks on the outer edges.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Just saw this thread! In chronological order:

-paper boy
-grocery bag boy
-grocery stocker
-residential home designer
-and for the last 20+ years, I move stuff from here to there, and then sometimes bring stuff back from there to here. It's not really as exciting as it sounds!

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am one of three sales representatives for a medical/healthcare supply company here in Winnipeg Manitoba. We sell various medical supplies, equipment and instruments to clinics, hospitals, home care, nursing homes, chiropractic offices, dental offices, veterinary hospitals - and so on.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
SAHM.
Before that I was a

1. Nanny
2. preschool teacher for 10yrs at the same school
3. Nanny for 2 years then met my husband through the mom
4. Then a nanny for a family for 7 years.
5. Stay at home mom.
I feel very fortunate I am able to stay home w/ my kids.
I never went to a 4yr college or have many skills so I have no idea what I would do if I had to go back. The whole thought frightens me. That reminds me, I better get off here and get my house clean:)

Status
Not open for further replies.