Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
:'(

Jacqui said:
Shortly after coming home the day of the Vet's visit she vomited some greens. Since that time she has not eaten anything nor even acted like she was thinking about eating. :(

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
That stinks, I hope she will eat soon.. I dont know if you heard her vomit, but when Cooper did it, it just sounded so bad, it was all I could do not to cry. It was a sound I will never forget! Just glad that as soon as I got him and put him in the bath, he stopped and drank a little water.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Jacqui, I'm still praying for you and TFO. Things will get better I'm sure. You are a very special person to have taken this on to begin with. Your that little torts Angel. Sending only the best wishes for you and yours.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good morning. :). How's the little patient?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Today's the day the stitch comes out, right? Hope she's feeling a bit better. Keep us posted when you return from the vet.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well the stitch was suppose to come out, but the Vet's office had to change the appt til tomorrow morning.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Prayers to Jacqui and TFO ;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Can't wait to hear good news on TFO! Fingers crossed!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just got back from the Vet a short time ago. I went to a local Vet who is fresh out of school about a year ago. The practice is mostly livestock with a few cats and dogs thrown in for fun. I knew going in this Vet would not know anything, but the first Vet had said any local Vet could take out the stitch to save the long trip (and we all know how well I liked the first Vet).
Any how he took the stitch out and then I askied if he knew how to give them subQ because she looks dehydrated to me, past what she could get from soaks, if she would even drink any of the soak water :rolleyes: ). The Vet had this priceless expression when he heard my question. :D I quickly let him know, I had folks online who could help me, I just needed the equipment. He had no idea what size needle, but did give me the bag of ringers. As soon as I got home, I was PMing my two resident "as good as a Vet" people (Yvonne and Kelly) asking for needle size and amounts. Currently she is in a soak and I will be starting injecting fluids soon.

Recap: At this time stitch is out and looking good in the tail area. Still no eating or drinking. Being soaks and soon to get fluid injected.

I do want to thank you all for your help and kind words. I do get very frustrated that she has stopped eating. It got so bad yesterday, I even offered her a bite of ripe banana. It was a no go too or else she knew better then to be eating fruit. :D

This is not a very good picture, but if you look close you can see the thread (purse string stitch) that is holding her closed. This is what the Vet cut off this am.

004_zps65e63ddc.jpg

As you can see, the swelling did go down from when everything was first put back into her and she can now hold her tail in close to her body.
001_zps1b83a1be.jpg

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Well, hopefully getting fluids in her and letting her relax some will help. Let us know if TFO eats anything or drinks on her own.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
These pictures were great to see. Thank you for sharing them.

Good luck with the injections and hopefully she will start eating soon.

Come on TFO, we are cheering you on ;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It looks pretty good. Good luck getting her eat. I'm sending good thoughts her way.
Thanks for the update.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good job Jacqui. I'm glad that she'll get the injections to help her keep hydrated. We're prying for both of you.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
She hopefully will start feeling normal now and start eating and pooting like a healthy girl.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well I am happy that the repaired area is holding together. I sure wish she would eat tho. How long can she go before it becomes a major health hazard? Is there any other fruit u could try, like watermelon? Cooper and Ophelia love it to death! Im still wishing for the best, but she needs to eat and drink! :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
You are doing a great job! I'm praying for TFO too :) oh quick question, where do u give a injection of ringers?

Status
Not open for further replies.