Update on the female Russian with prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
TFO (that's her name because of all the sweet people in here working for her recovery) spent a quiet day in her tub. She didn't do much moving around, but she would always look at me everytime I was looking down at her when doing my checkups. She chose not to eat any of her greens. I even went back to trying Romaine which I do know she will eat normally after she turned down turnip greens and Mazuri. She also was not given any soaks today. The tail is looking the same as last night. So really nothing new to report today.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I hope she gets over this. If no infection sets in, then she can have a fighting chance. The reason i lost it a while back is because my turtle went through the same thing 15 years ago and the vet had to remove the dead matter before stuffing the tubular tissue back in. The vet was adamant about the dead tissue. I never forgot it. But, I'll just pray and hope this poor baby makes it. Thanks Jacqui for all you're doing for her.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad to hear she is still hanging in there. Nothing worse is good news. I would think if it were going to get infected, it would have by now, yes? You can't smell anything bad back there can you, like infection? I would think she would stink if there were any. I feel good things with this one. Keep up the good work Jacqui.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That certainly would be good news. If she's at least walking, or drinking, I would feel a lot better.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
We are all thinking positive thoughts and can't wait to hear when the good news comes.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeap, positively hoping for a full recovery. If TFO survives this, we've got to have a TFO party right here. I may even personally take a trip to see her if Jacqui would let me:p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well like Barb said, at least its not bad news. I like her name! I hope to hear some good news tomorrow! Did you get the antibiotic yet? She is in good hands, so I know your doing whatever you can. Every time (just about) when I go to see Ophelia, she looks back at me like she just has something to say. She is so cute with them little eyes, and she turns her little head. Just so cute! Here's hoping for some good news tomorrow!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
How's little TFO?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There is no marked changes in her, which is both good and bad news. I am going to have to go into town today to restock up on pedialyte, which I am adding to her soak water (along with the babyfood and Oxbow powder stuff), so she has not had a soak. Tomorrow her stitch can come out.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Hopefully after tomorrow she will be eating and drinking and pooping.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Good Luck Jacqui
I know the frustration with the vet thing.
You are doing all you can and wishing TFO all the best.
The soaks must help ease the discomfort for now.
Hope antibiotics help her out too.
So glad she ended up in your care!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'll. Be praying for our little Russian girl TFO.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well h*ll, I was hoping for better news, but no bad news is good! I still have hope for her! Shouldnt that stich stay a little longer though? Has she ate much since the vet visit? Hug's to u Jacqui! :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Shortly after coming home the day of the Vet's visit she vomited some greens. Since that time she has not eaten anything nor even acted like she was thinking about eating. :(

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Jacqui said:
Shortly after coming home the day of the Vet's visit she vomited some greens. Since that time she has not eaten anything nor even acted like she was thinking about eating. :(

I was hoping for better news, sorry Jacqui! I hope things improve from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.