Ophelia update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Altho I have got bad news of my own today, my new rescue Ophelia, had her 1st vet visit today. They trim'd her big beak down very nicely, and trim'd her long nails. He found parasite eggs in her poo tho... :( so they gave her meds and she goes back in 2 weeks for another dose. Her blood work wasn't done so he is gonna call. He was very nice and praised us up and down for going to her rescue. And praised me for my knowledge of russians and sullys, as they have seen Cooper before and I showed him the newest pic of Cooper and he was very happy with his growth and his shell. And, I gave this great forum 100% of the credit for all that I know about Russians and SulcatasAs far as Ophelia I will post new beak pics when she is a little more happy. She has yet to eat with her new, smaller beak. I don't think she knows how to do things with such a small beak, she sort of messed with her food but then ran and hid, which is not like her. He also said he wasn't 100% sure if she is she or a he.. so I will post pics for u all to look at to give me your opinions if u will please.IMG_20111110_162538.jpg
Her new beak in this picture! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very pretty...and girl/boy....who cares...still beautiful :D:D. You can change her name to Opie if your little one is a boy...lol:p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
Very pretty...and girl/boy....who cares...still beautiful :D:D. You can change her name to Opie if your little one is a boy...lol:p
Yeah it don't matter to me what sex my Ophelia is, and Opie is a great idea! :p
I'm just happy she will be able to eat better once she decides to eat again. Right now she just wants to hide :(
Have a great night my lady! :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Guess it takes some time to get use to a new smile..:) he or she looks good with the trimmed beak...

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks everyone. I wonder, since I have never really looked before, how much does it hurt them to have their beaks trim'd with a drimel, or how ever u spell that. It just seems like it would be somewhat painful.... or would it be like 1 of us having a tooth drill'd after the numbness wears off?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I agree totally with you Chris....spoken from a woman who has snuck out the back door from the dentist office when he left the room to go get other "tools".....*shivering in utter fear*

I have been curious myself of how traumatic that may be, I know that my uncle use to use the dremel drill for his jewelry making and that thing was strong and had that horrible drill noise....so I would imagine Chris she may just need some extra hugs and kisses, so to speak :D Until she lets it go....

I use to years ago have the acrylic nails, and wore them for 10+ years (do not have the patience or time for that now, mostly the patience as I like to do alot of yard work these days :D) but I do recall that when I would have a nail break (that sounds so lame...hahaha) and I would have to type the rest of the day at work I would absolutely miss the keys that the broken nail would normally hit....the absence of the nail made a space I was not use to...so maybe she is feeling that absence and it will take her a minute to get use to it not being there...then when she realizes how bitchen it is...she will be a little chow hound....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.