Pointers on a sick Russian

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Since this has started I have had her on towels. Just in case. She does move around quite a bit in her soaks. I use my bathtub and put a towel on the bottom so she has something to grip. She drinks the water too.

You are doing great, hope she snaps out of it andyou keep her :)

NeonGrape

Ive also been using hand warmers in socks. I have her temp and basking area right, but did the hand warmers in socks to snuggle into a nice warm spot as well.

NeonGrape

You are doing great, hope she snaps out of it andyou keep her :)

One of the vet techs at the veterinarians office asked about adopting her. I love her, but between work, school and my Labrador who is acting like hes been replaced.. I think the vet tech would give her a home she would be the center of attention in. And direct veterinarian care if needed.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Poor tortoise, man.
Aloe vera, cactus, and or mineral oil, should ge "things" (poop) moving along. She sounds lik she has a long rough road ahead.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It takes about 2 weeks for the food to move through. Since she is shell weight only, she has probably not eaten for weeks min.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I
We use a mixture of sand, eco earth an woodchips.

I put prunes, collard greens and warm water in a blender and mixed her oxbow in it instead of using just warm water. Shes now soaking.

How much mineral oil should I use on a green?
I only fed about a tablespoon, maybe 2, full to my 20 pound leopard.

NeonGrape

Today, she ate on her own. I bought her a little bit of every green I know she can eat. I saw that the greens were a lil messy around the dish. I thought she might have just walked through them. So I picked her up and saw the green all around her beak. I grabbed a green a put it infront of her, and she destroyed it.