Reputation Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
If you look at any post, you will see a lot of information about that poster, with one of the more interesting bits being Reputation.

If you click on someone's Reputation number, you will see comments and ratings people have given this person in the past. You can also add your own comments and ratings too!

I know I absolutely LOVE it when I get a new rating number, and I am TERRIBLE at giving them out to people. Shame on me. :(

But you can learn from my errors! Take a moment to thank and rate someone who has offered you some good advice or been helpful.

(But don't rate me- that would make this a shameless self-promotion plug.)

(... OK, you can rate me too if you really, really want to. I'll be embarrassed, but I'll gladly take the points! :) )

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I'm on a reputation spree, I have about 25 more to do in the coming days, have the names ready (you're one of them), considering I haven't ever done any before. It's a shame there's a daily limit.

M

Maggie Cummings

Madkins007 said:
If you look at any post, you will see a lot of information about that poster, with one of the more interesting bits being Reputation.

If you click on someone's Reputation number, you will see comments and ratings people have given this person in the past. You can also add your own comments and ratings too!

I know I absolutely LOVE it when I get a new rating number, and I am TERRIBLE at giving them out to people. Shame on me. :(

But you can learn from my errors! Take a moment to thank and rate someone who has offered you some good advice or been helpful.

(But don't rate me- that would make this a shameless self-promotion plug.)

(... OK, you can rate me too if you really, really want to. I'll be embarrassed, but I'll gladly take the points! :) )

Me too! I love it when someone gives me a compliment and tells me how much they appreciate my help. I used to call my sister on the phone hollering about getting another reputation point, like some little kid. It really makes it worthwhile to get those compliment points...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It is always nice to be recognized for giving out helpful advice. and i will admit to getting a secret thrill whenever I see my number jump up, and I should give out some more since I know a lot of nice helpful people here who really deserve them. Though to be honest if you look at most of mine they tend to compliment my humor rather than my tortoise keeping skills, not that i am complaining mind you.

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
Im horrible at giving these out, I always forget but I love when I get them. Thanks for reminding me Madkins!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks, I am going to go on a rep point rampage so look out!!

It seems like a great thread to tell you that Rob was soooooo excited when he got his first reputation point, then when he clicked on it and saw it was only from me his face completely fell. It was HILARIOUS!! I wish I videoed it!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have given out more lately, promotes positive thoughts and shows people you regonize them for who or what they are. +1 Madkins007.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
dmmj said:
It is always nice to be recognized for giving out helpful advice. and i will admit to getting a secret thrill whenever I see my number jump up, and I should give out some more since I know a lot of nice helpful people here who really deserve them. Though to be honest if you look at most of mine they tend to compliment my humor rather than my tortoise keeping skills, not that i am complaining mind you.

You mean you actually give out advice on torts? :)

I have to admit I'm as bad about points as anyone. I don't think to give them out too often, at least not until they're given to me and I'm like oh darn, on the rare occasion I get one that is.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
It seems like a great thread to tell you that Rob was soooooo excited when he got his first reputation point, then when he clicked on it and saw it was only from me his face completely fell. It was HILARIOUS!! I wish I videoed it!!

That was one of the happiest and one of the saddest moments of my life, all wrapped into one!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Robert said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

That was one of the happiest and one of the saddest moments of my life, all wrapped into one!
That is funny. :)

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Thank you for the reminder!

I always show my appreciation in the form of a "thank you" and forget all about the reputations! If I just gave you a reputation, it is not because this thread guilted me into it, but because you have been helpful and supportive in the past... I have just failed to keep up with giving reputations!

I just maxed out of my number of reputations for the day.. so will do more later.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Robert said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

hahahaha you two are hilarious :D

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Huh. Thank you for teaching me something. I didn't know how that whole system worked till now. Stand by. They are coming! :)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I've reached my reputation limit for today I guess the rest will have to wait until tomorrow:tort:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm a little mixed on the whole concept of reputation points on a site like this. Maybe I don't fully understand the purpose of it. From my perspective, I don't see it as anything other than a popularity guage. If it's intended to show someones credibility, I think their posts do a better job of that than what one person has to say about another. I guess there's nothing really negative about it, as far as I'm concerned I'm just here to talk tortoises not play popularity games. If you like what I say or I like what you say, I think a PM conversation is more meaningful than giving you a reputation point. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.