Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I sometimes like to look to see who's online. Tonight I noticed that a "guest" was rating a thread. I didn't know what that was, so I pulled up any old thread and looked around to see if I could rate it. Up at the top right hand side, right next to the new reply button, there is a group of stars and to the left of that the word rating. I scrolled over "rating" but nothing , so I scrolled over the start and lo and behold, if I click on a star I can add a star to the thread's rating.

Did you all know that?

I'd like to take away some of the stars in the PETA/HSUS thread.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
But where do we see the stars that have been rated already? I see the stars on top, but where does it tell you how many stars the thread got?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
But where do we see the stars that have been rated already? I see the stars on top, but where does it tell you how many stars the thread got?

Since I've noticed it, I've discovered that if you look at the home page where all the subjects are listed, then choose one subject. Then all the threads under that subject show up. You can scroll down looking at the stars. If they're grey then the thread isn't rated. If there are any gold stars in the rating, then its rated. for instance, this thread shows 5 grey stars meaning its not rated. But if you click on one of the stars it changes it to gold and then the thread has a rating.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So if many people apply different ratings, the home page will average them all? I'm confused about what will happen if I give a three star rating and someone else gives a one star rating. And is it possible to give negative ratings, or simply to reduce the positive? Am I making any sense?!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, let's try it with this one. I'm going to give this thread a 1 star rating. You give it something too and we'll see what it ends up.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
OK, I just clicked on the fourth star in the thread rating. Now I am going to find my way to the home page.;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I clicked on the "1" star and you clicked on the "4" star, but I see only three stars rating. Oh well!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So is it averaging all the stars that have been posted?

Are we the only two who rated it?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.