Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Gay? I thought they were just body builders.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
emysemys said:
Gay? I thought they were just body builders.

We are just bodybuilders.... We are holding bodybuilding trophies. I'm not sure what hints at homosexuality, either.

maggie3fan said:
I'd cut my hands off before I edit any of Tyler's posts

Weird, you did like an hour ago.

M

Maggie Cummings

I edited one post of yours. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, I edited my whole post about you and I didn't do it very well. I am not going to continue this with you Tyler.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
DeanS said:
I definitely feel their should be NO NEGATIVE ratings...when push comes to shove, we're ALL unique individuals and may not mesh with everyone else here...we're here to teach and learn and, in essence, have fun. Of course, I've been here less than a month and haven't received a rating yet, but I know I'd be blown away if I received a negative. Peace all!
---------------------------------------------------------------------Updated 6.3.2010------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Jilly:)

Everyone else...feel free to join in:p

S

Scooter

Honestly I don't really see the need for the ratings. I saw the ratings when I first joined and was looking around the site and have not looked or thought about them since.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes, thanks for getting this thread back onto topic! Folks please stay on topic. The other discusion needs to be taken to PMs or another thread before things get way out of hand.

S

stells

Talk about a big fuss over nothing... do the rep's really matter... anyone can have loads of reps and give out off advice... it really doesn't mean someone is better than someone else... anyone can also have alot of negative reps... it all depends on what advice you are looking for at the time... and give out good advice... its seems to be mainly down to friendships that are made on the forum...

I have my rep to uphold and won't be changing anytime soon :D

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
maggie3fan said:
I edited one post of yours. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, I edited my whole post about you and I didn't do it very well. I am not going to continue this with you Tyler.

Yeah, I mean, why reply in current time when you can edit the system and reply to my post in a paragraph the same minute that I posted it (your post #40 in this thread)? Talk about an abuse of powers.....

The above paragraph will only make sense in the next few minutes, until Maggie edits her post so that she makes sense instead of me.

I have no problem with anyone in this forum. It's a freakin forum. I chat with Josh on a regular basis. Same with Yvonne and Danny. I gave advice on how to increase participation (monthly photo contest anyone????). I didn't delete your comment - you did. If you want it there, leave it there.

The biggest problem I see with this forum is the abuse of power by mods. Lately, it is 100% Maggie. The reply to my post #39 hours after I made it, but edited in by Maggie to be the following post is a perfect example. How do you reply to my post if you posted it at the same time? If she can't win an argument or a disagreement, she thinks about it for 2-3 hours and then goes back and puts what she really wanted to say back where she wanted to say it.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Wow Tyler, please take your 'rant' about
Maggie (who most of us adore) somewhere else.....between you and Chad, you've
managed to sideline my post into YOUR topic of choice. Shame on you.....

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
DonaTello said:
Wow Tyler, please take your 'rant' about
Maggie (who most of us adore) somewhere else.....between you and Chad, you've
managed to sideline my post into YOUR topic of choice. Shame on you.....

Well, you'd be frustrated too if you were in my position. I like this forum; it's the best tortoise forum out there, but I am tired of Maggie's editing my posts (and her own when it makes her look good and me bad), and her desperate attempts to make me the bad guy.

In case it wasn't clear, that's not really Chad and I in the photo.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess you feel that moderators have some super power. The only thing different about our posting is the fact that we can edit anyone's posts. We edit in current time. There's no way for us to go back and edit something showing that it was typed earlier than it was.

danielledelynn

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
I am not in any way shape or form knocking this thread...but the drama that ensues because of this thread is getting out of hand. This thread has had more views/hits than almost all the other threads that actually pertain to what this site is about: TORTOISES! :rolleyes:

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
BuddysParents said:
I am not in any way shape or form knocking this thread...but the drama that ensues because of this thread is getting out of hand. This thread has had more views/hits than almost all the other threads that actually pertain to what this site is about: TORTOISES! :rolleyes:
I understand what your saying BUT, this section is for 'feedback' about the tortoises forum. Sadly some members have decided they need to use my thread for THEIR rants.....:(

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
emysemys said:
I guess you feel that moderators have some super power. The only thing different about our posting is the fact that we can edit anyone's posts. We edit in current time. There's no way for us to go back and edit something showing that it was typed earlier than it was.

I understand that, but when she changes the comment calling Chad and I homosexuals (another example of her being a loose cannon) and turns it into a reply to my post that happened at the same exact time, it's the same thing.

Yet another of Maggie's posts just vanished into this air, where she was suggesting I be banned from the forum. Maggie, if you want me banned, get Josh to ban me. I'd love to know what I did wrong, that's all I ask.

Such freedom here when the person who wants fairness is made to be the bad guy, and the one who keeps saying things she doesn't mean to say can just go back and change them.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well CHAD .. and TYLER .. your both perfect examples of Keyboard knuckle heads. Drop the slander on Maggie or anyone .. Chad I dont know you so I have nothing to say. But Tyler ... I know you and YOUR WIFE!!> your just a show off at the herp shows (But your DAD and WIFE BRING YA BACK DOWN A NOTCH ... remember your in Sales .. and 1/2 your inventory is WAY OVER PRICED. I have even stooped so low to buy some of your animals years back ..... and your still clueless. If you dont think you have a rep to withold.. your fooling yourself!...In the past I thought you were an ok .. guy .. but now how I see you bash others along with some other smart*** that opinion haS CHANGED.Along with my spending habits with you and your business ... and well the other 200 plus folks I know in my area ..can easly buy somewhere else ..GeTTIN the clue yet? ... ` This forum is supposed to be fun and friendly .. not a Poke" contest ... And just to have the audacity to pick on one person with another * buddy* ..is ridiculous ... GROW UP! ..
I"ll make sure I stop by and say hi to ya when your in San Diego!
:D

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
DonaTello said:
The 'negatives' in the ratings should be removed. I see no purpose of being able to 'negatively' rate someone, whats the point? Now the positives I feel are good, makes you feel welcomed here AND valued. If you don't like a member for whatever reason, ignore, don't talk to them etc. But giving bad ratings gives them too much power, ability just to slam you. And some mean spirited people do...:(
Please consider removing it Josh.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it..:cool:

I had to go back to the beginning by the time I read all the posts, because I couldn't remember what the original post was about.

I agree positive ratings make people feel good and that they are contributing to making this a better and more informative site. I also agree that negative posts can be used because you just don't like someone. If a legitimate negative rating should be given I think that the issue should be sent to a mod and then it is posted, if it is not nasty and vendictive. It might help keep the anger and abuse from getting out of hand. I posted alot when I first came here. Now I read alot post very little because in the last year the atmosphere has become more angry and hostile. IMHO I love the pics and reading everyones posts.

I have no reputation - which is ok with me - kinda like high school I guess I just come across as invisible. I do agree though if I got a negative without a pm first telling me why I would be hurt.

Dawna

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
galvinkaos said:
DonaTello said:
The 'negatives' in the ratings should be removed. I see no purpose of being able to 'negatively' rate someone, whats the point? Now the positives I feel are good, makes you feel welcomed here AND valued. If you don't like a member for whatever reason, ignore, don't talk to them etc. But giving bad ratings gives them too much power, ability just to slam you. And some mean spirited people do...:(

I had to go back to the beginning by the time I read all the posts, because I couldn't remember what the original post was about.

I agree positive ratings make people feel good and that they are contributing to making this a better and more informative site. I also agree that negative posts can be used because you just don't like someone. If a legitimate negative rating should be given I think that the issue should be sent to a mod and then it is posted, if it is not nasty and vendictive. It might help keep the anger and abuse from getting out of hand. I posted alot when I first came here. Now I read alot post very little because in the last year the atmosphere has become more angry and hostile. IMHO I love the pics and reading everyones posts.

I have no reputation - which is ok with me - kinda like high school I guess I just come across as invisible. I do agree though if I got a negative without a pm first telling me why I would be hurt.

Dawna
It was started cuzz some knucklehead gave me a negative feedback " Because they didnt like my posts.... ~THEN DONT READ THEM! ...The negative inputs from anyone do not make a person happy or help Moral ... with the challenges I have faced the last few years ...the llast thing is a stranger * Bashing me*or anyone * or saying negative things in a PUBLIC FORUM.... Ya I know freedon of speech bla bla bla ... but SAY IT TO MY FACE not over a Keyboard!.... Nuff said ....
and I DO care how others precive me ... is that bad?

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
N2TORTS said:
galvinkaos said:
DonaTello said:

Dawna
It was started cuzz some knucklehead gave me a negative feedback " Because they didnt like my posts.... ~THEN DONT READ THEM! ...The negative inputs from anyone do not make a person happy or help Moral ... with the challenges I have faced the last few years ...the llast thing is a stranger * Bashing me*or anyone * or saying negative things in a PUBLIC FORUM.... Ya I know freedon of speech bla bla bla ... but SAY IT TO MY FACE not over a Keyboard!.... Nuff said ....
and I DO care how others precive me ... is that bad?

My point was we had gotten off the topic of the original post and I was lost by the end of my reading. I am sorry that someone felt the need to rate you negatively. I like seeing the pics and reading the captions. Some days it is stress relieving to sit and wander through this site. Other days it just causes stress (due to drama). I do not think there is anything wrong with caring about others perceive you. I have never been a fan of feeling invisible and sometimes wonder if I am a "thread killer". More than once a thread has died after I posted to it. I have decided it is coincidence and try not to let it bother me. As I said I read more than I post in the last few months, but I am still here.

Dawna

Status
Not open for further replies.