GoDaddy.com CEO Bob Parsons' Elephant Hunt Sparks Outrage... You got to be kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
i can understand both sides ,like if you eat chicken, would or could you kill it for your dinner table? i would not like that, but i do buy chicken & meat in the store! l never seen elephant in stop & shop. i do get hunting deer , bird, elk ..etc. but this guy said he was doing a good deed. good deeds go to the heart not on video. lindy

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sarcasm rocks

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I wish I could hunt or raise my own meat, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't do the butchering and skinning and cleaning YUCK. This is a bit off topic but the thread is heading this way....my concern is how unhealthy store bought food is. The hormones pumped into the animals and the antibiotics. The filth chickens live in is really sicking. Even the veggies are full of pesticides and chemicals. The food industry is scary and we wonder why food alergies and cancer are increasing. Okay so that was my soap box comment for the day:)

BTW Candy~ the people I know who have mounted animals on their walls or stuffed or skinned animals concidered it to be a trophy. I knew someone who had a son that had his own freezer full of animals he planned to stuff or skin or something. A little strange huh....

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I wish I could hunt or raise my own meat, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't do the butchering and skinning and cleaning YUCK. This is a bit off topic but the thread is heading this way....my concern is how unhealthy store bought food is. The hormones pumped into the animals and the antibiotics. The filth chickens live in is really sicking. Even the veggies are full of pesticides and chemicals. The food industry is scary and we wonder why food alergies and cancer are increasing. Okay so that was my soap box comment for the day:)

BTW Candy~ the people I know who have mounted animals on their walls or stuffed or skinned animals concidered it to be a trophy. I knew someone who had a son that had his own freezer full of animals he planned to stuff or skin or something. A little strange huh....

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Kalina said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/bob-parsons-godaddy-ceo-elephant-hunt_n_843121.html

The video below is pretty graphic.

GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons is taking a lot of heat for the video, which details his recent elephant hunt. However, the CEO originally tried to frame the hunt as almost a "humanitarian" expedition. Many disagree.

In the middle of the night, Parsons, along with his African guides, ambush and shoot what Parsons calls a "problem elephant": "[Zimbabweans] have very little," says Parsons. "Many die each year from starvation and one of the problems they have is the elephants, of which there are thousands and thousands, that trash many of their fields destroying the crops."

Then the video gets really graphic, as Parsons records villagers who come out in the early morning to slaughter the dead animal, stripping it of its flesh. Oddly enough, this part, which is set to AC/DC's "Hell's Bells," is almost a shameless plug for the company, zooming in at one point on the company's logo.

Whether or not Parsons' point is right (that the villagers could really use the meat and protein) hasn't really been contested, but the manner in which he presented the whole endeavor seems a bit odd to many.

PETA has launched a campaign urging people to join them in closing their GoDaddy.com account and e-mailing Parsons to express their outrage.

Parsons provided an explanation of the video, but what do you think? Is it inappropriate? Share your thoughts in the comments.
---------------------------------------------

Honestly, I couldn't watch the video, why are there so many bad people out there? Everywhere i turn there's someone hurting something.

I'm an avid hunter, but I also respect that many folks prefer not to hear the details...

And, yes, the Zimbabwean villagers can certainly use the meat, and it's very unlikely that even a scrap was wasted...still, many folks, particularily city-folks, are so very far removed from the reality of their dinner that they find the whole thing greatly disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.