pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
How dino poop can still be found. :D Just so many things in this world that are amazing. Even to Carl's triplets. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I cannot even imagine that kind of heat!! It is 50's here and still raining:(

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Jacqui said:
When we were growing up, my Mother never wanted us to miss any school. She would wait until we have a vacation day and schedule appointments for us then. I recall a Christmas vacation, where we went present shopping right after I had a cavity filled. Also a camping trip, where the day before we left for it, she had them remove a huge wart from the bottom of my foot. But I never missed a day of school for those appointments. ;) :D

My mom was that way in grade school, but she really lightened up when we were in Jr. High. I rode a bus from the Cragmore area of Colorado Springs to North Jr. High. She would send me to school with money and a note to excuse me at 11:00 or so, so that I could walk downtown and catch the matinee at the theatre. I watched Gone With the Wind every time it was the matinee, walked back to the school and caught the activity bus back home. No questions asked.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
My mom was that way in grade school, but she really lightened up when we were in Jr. High. I rode a bus from the Cragmore area of Colorado Springs to North Jr. High. She would send me to school with money and a note to excuse me at 11:00 or so, so that I could walk downtown and catch the matinee at the theatre. I watched Gone With the Wind every time it was the matinee, walked back to the school and caught the activity bus back home. No questions asked.

My Mom became less worried about it, as we got older too. It was one of those if your doing good in school you could take a mental health day off and she wasn't too ticked off. When my kids were in school, I did the same thing. :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
HipsterTorts said:
Torty Mom said:
Still 97F here :(

I wish it would go back down into the 90's...haha that sounds sad
It's 109F here at the moment...I'm hoping it cools down.
I agree, pretty sad when we wish for the 90's, but it's alot better than the 100's.

We only got to 101 today. That's about where it's been the last few weeks. Kids like it 'cause they get out of PE!!

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
FranklinTturtle said:
HipsterTorts said:
Torty Mom said:

That bad when the 90's is cool. Now that is hot!!
It is hot! And it doesn't help that our a/c is a piece of crap :/ My bedroom is at like a constant 85F all day. It sucks.

CtTortoiseMom said:
I cannot even imagine that kind of heat!! It is 50's here and still raining:(
We had rain two days ago. It wasn't even good rain it was like hot, humid rain.

Torty Mom said:
HipsterTorts said:
Torty Mom said:

I agree, pretty sad when we wish for the 90's, but it's alot better than the 100's.

We only got to 101 today. That's about where it's been the last few weeks. Kids like it 'cause they get out of PE!!

Yeah 90's is way better. I just wish it would start to cool down already, but I know that's not going to happen until the end of October. My dad has himself so convinced it will cool down within the next two weeks, it's funny:p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Good Morning :D. I had too much coffee so I will be unable to stay on the computer for long. I am going to attack some laundry with this chemically induced energy. Leia and Chewy say Hi. Sid is not awake yet, too dark and rainy.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
.... I am going to attack some laundry with this chemically induced energy.

Some laundry, like maybe my laundry? :D Been putting it off a bit, because that means first I have to cut the weeds from under the clothes line and just not wanting to do that part of it. :rolleyes:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
.... I am going to attack some laundry with this chemically induced energy.

Some laundry, like maybe my laundry? :D Been putting it off a bit, because that means first I have to cut the weeds from under the clothes line and just not wanting to do that part of it. :rolleyes:

I don't think I had enough coffee for that. According to mapquest Nebraska is one day and two hours away from me. I will lose my caffeine buzz by then!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hmmm, but I have heard they sell coffee all along the route, so you could keep the buzz going. :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Why is it that they'll close a school district but still keep colleges open? Either way I'm coming from the same place. I mean the flood waters don't part just b/c I have grad classes that night!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We have power again but no school for the kiddos. I was just getting back into the swing of things!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey guys,

It's Friday!!

of course it does lose some of it's meaning for those of us who don't have Mon-Fri jobs. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Seriously, world's longest week and I don't have a job! I am so glad it is almost over!! It is sunny and warm today too!! Yipee!! Happy Friday everyone.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Seriously, world's longest week and I don't have a job! I am so glad it is almost over!! It is sunny and warm today too!! Yipee!! Happy Friday everyone.

What has made it the longest week?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Friday? Friday!! I have class tonight from 4-9PM & then again tomorrow from 8AM-2PM... I feel like Charlie Brown when he got the friggin' rock on Halloween! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.