Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sibi, it is looking beter just uglier perhaps but that too will improve.

I love changing the clocks to go with the daylight. I go by daylight here rather then watching a clock, so it fits in with my life. The thing I don't like about it is the fact that not all states do this. As a truckdriver crossing state lines and such, it's bad enough having to know where those time zones are, but adding in the odd states it makes preplanning trips hard at times.

I bet Rand enjoyed them drawing on him. It may get him doing more artwork on the human form in the future. :p

Kerryann said:
Oh this week I get three more regular employees, two off shore employees, and two interns. I got a new business analyst a few weeks ago.

Did you hire the intern you interviewed a couple of weeks ago?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi there Jacqui. I posted something about going to Daytona next year and hopefully meeting you in person. I have a daughter that lives in Palm Coast, about 30 minutes away. So, with a little planning, I think it's doable.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, here's a picture if one of the water pans. It's a hard rubber that has give to it. Typically used as a horse feed pan. ImageUploadedByTortForum1377006075.180686.jpg

That's Stanley using his.

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thanks Cowboy. It looks like the water heater pan I bought to make their pool. I was hoping to get some idea on how to put a water pan in the shed that they can't tip over. Do you have a water source for their outdoor enclosure?

Cowboy_Ken said:
Sibi, here's a picture if one of the water pans. It's a hard rubber that has give to it. Typically used as a horse feed pan.

That's Stanley using his.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Good morning people I was born in mi so I know about the time changes and it just helps Ty ya to the all mighty clock of life . Here in AZ without the time change it seams more relaxed and at times some what more peaceful . And sense I work with the truckers I understand SOME of their problems.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I just let my phone keep up with time zones and such when traveling.

Ugh I go back to work tonight for two evening shifts then Thursday I work the pre-daylight shift. I hate when the computer schedules it like that. Ruins my sleep schedule.

Anyone wanting to brush a lab for me? It was 90 for a few days and so he blew his coat, then it dropped to 67 for a few days, now it's warm in the 80's and he's shedding in tufts again! No winning with this dog >.< Worst shedding I've ever seen on any dog and it's not medical and he's shed this bad on a variety of diets. Vet said he's a larger lab so there will be lots of shedding.

Sibi, your thumb looks a lot less swollen. I watched the Dr. cut back half my bf's ingrown toenails twice and he said it was one of the most painful things.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, it's going down, but I can't bend it completely yet, not because it's painful, but because it's still too swollen. I believe your bf when he said it was the worse pain he had. I had to ha e the nail removed and the under nail scraped off. Oh my, I don't ever want to get another infection there. The lance job that was done left a wedge in the corner of the cuticle. If that never closes completely, and it's possible, the nail will always be susceptible to infections. I will need to always wear gloves when doing dishes and cleaning after my torts.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
Oh this week I get three more regular employees, two off shore employees, and two interns. I got a new business analyst a few weeks ago.

Did you hire the intern you interviewed a couple of weeks ago?

Yes he starts tomorrow. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:

Your phone will tell you before you start your trip what time you will be in different locations?

sibi said:
I will need to always wear gloves when doing dishes and cleaning after my torts.

That would suck. :(

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
And sense I work with the truckers I understand SOME of their problems.

Can I ask what your job is?

sibi said:
Hi there Jacqui. I posted something about going to Daytona next year and hopefully meeting you in person. I have a daughter that lives in Palm Coast, about 30 minutes away. So, with a little planning, I think it's doable.

That would be sweet. :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I work for a family owned food company we supply prisons , schools, and resorts with food , meat , and Veggys(tortoise food)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Phones work real good for traveling between time zones. Everytime I travel from the panhandle east, the time jumps from central to eastern when I get close to Tallahassee. The cell towers do it automatically. Here's a perfect example how truckers an get the right time within a state with two time zones. If the phone has a GPS built in it, all Jeff would have to do is set the time zone of his final destination and it will give him the exact time of arrival especially if it's a two time zone state.

Jacqui said:
RosieRedfoot said:

Your phone will tell you before you start your trip what time you will be in different locations?

sibi said:
I will need to always wear gloves when doing dishes and cleaning after my torts.

That would suck. :(

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
And sense I work with the truckers I understand SOME of their problems.

Can I ask what your job is?

sibi said:

That would be sweet. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now see my cell phone does the auto time change once I am in the area, but then it's not exactly right if your right next to the "line". I can't recall where we delivered to, but we were right next to where the zones changed and the phones didn't change soon enough, so we were a little late (like 5 mins) and lost our appt slot.

I don't have a GPS and frankly would never trust one, especially in a truck. A nearby meat packing place chuckles at how often GPS sends the trucks the wrong direction from their plant. It takes them down a dirt road, where if there has been any rain, you get stuck. The towtruck guys love GPS of course. :D

In my village, the GPS tries to take folks over the road the RR closed about 10 years ago. We won't mention the routing that ends up being many wasted miles, if Jeff were to try to follow it home. One time it would have been an added hour of driving. :D

A side note, the bills the drivers are given show the appt time, but not what time zone it is in.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
And show the wrong time like Cargill they put 4 am and the real time might be 2 pm and others don't put po numbers or times on them or right phone numbers on bills! I feel for drivers

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I understand about GPS directions. I've had my own horror stories. But, if you have the feature in your cell phone anyway, you can do like I stated above. You plug in the address before you leave home base (wherever that is). Then, it will give you the estimated time of arrival. For example, if you are in Texas, and you have a delivery at Sam's club in fort Walton beach, Florida, I know that there are two time zones in Florida, I would put in the address and it will give you the time of arrival in the same time zone because parts of Texas has central time as Fort Walton beach. The trick is you can print up a sheet, laminate it with all the states time zones and even where the state shares two time zones. So, if you're in California you will know that your two time zones away from Fort Walton Beach, Fl. Plug in the time zone (central) and it give you the exact time of arrival. Remember that the time of arrival is an estimate. It doesn't account for traffic delays etc. Have I confused you more? As a matter of fact, many pocket calendars have in the back pages, a map with every state's time zone. It would be worth having one. Using that, you can plug the address into a GPS, not for directions, but for estimated time of arrival using the calendar book to plug in the time zone. My Gps is one of those advanced ones. I don't recall it ever failing me on time zones.
Jacqui said:
Now see my cell phone does the auto time change once I am in the area, but then it's not exactly right if your right next to the "line". I can't recall where we delivered to, but we were right next to where the zones changed and the phones didn't change soon enough, so we were a little late (like 5 mins) and lost our appt slot.

I don't have a GPS and frankly would never trust one, especially in a truck. A nearby meat packing place chuckles at how often GPS sends the trucks the wrong direction from their plant. It takes them down a dirt road, where if there has been any rain, you get stuck. The towtruck guys love GPS of course. :D

In my village, the GPS tries to take folks over the road the RR closed about 10 years ago. We won't mention the routing that ends up being many wasted miles, if Jeff were to try to follow it home. One time it would have been an added hour of driving. :D

A side note, the bills the drivers are given show the appt time, but not what time zone it is in.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I use my gps on my phone all the time.
I'm watching hardcore pawn but I'll say these guys don't act like this when I see them at my froyo place.
Tonight my plan is to sleep. Who is coming to bonk me with a rubber Mallet

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I was relying on my phones map dealeo to get me to an aero space company recently, and the, “arrived at destination" was on the freeway. I had a good laugh at that one.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
I was relying on my phones map dealeo to get me to an aero space company recently, and the, “arrived at destination" was on the freeway. I had a good laugh at that one.

Oh that is good. The first time I visited my office in Delaware I put in 1201 market st, well the left out it was actually 1201 n market and I ended up at an adult establishment think wtf kinda operation are we running here??
Not the gps's fault but still funny bad directions.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I told Karen I pulled over, jumped the guardrail, tumbled down the embankment, jumped the four foot fence, wadded the wash, climbed the 6 foot fence, and made the appointment on time.

And that killed chat? Wow ya bunch of lightweights!!! LOLOLOL

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
You are hardcore Ken ;)

Dinner tonight is BLT's. Two loaves of bread, two packs of bacon, 5-6 homegrown tomatoes, and 2 heads of lettuce.
I'm happy snacking on bacon and tomatoes!

New goalie coach told E he's going to recommend him for the starter position! Happy Dance!!!!!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Just signed up to the state fair's baked goods, entering flavored cheesecake and also chocolate chip cookies. Thinking of a caramel cashew cheesecake and my triple chocolate cookies. Here's to seeing how my Yankee baking stands up to the southerners :p

Status
Not open for further replies.